Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Robison signs 3 year deal

Vikings Brian Robison agrees to 3-year deal worth $14 m with 6.5 signing bonus, source said.
    http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/43472363286835200

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Robison signs 3 year deal

Great. One of my favorite guys on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him get a lot more snaps.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1090676
    Great. One of my favorite guys on the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him get a lot more snaps.
    3y/14m is a big contract, i think they see him as a starter next season..

With all the DE's in this years draft, can we start giving them a lower priority?..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Good. I am glad to see them taking care of some of the players when they can.I wonder if they are working on anything with Leber. He probably won't get a major contract from any other team but with us he is a great role player.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't rule out a DE, but I think we're more in the market for a defensive lineman to replace Pat. Keep in mind we drafted Griffen last year. I'm also more inclined to think we're more in the market for a DT than we are a DE.

I'm really excited for this draft. We can go in pretty much any direction with it.

QB, WR, OL, DL, LB, S... the only positions I don't see us moving on are running back or corner.

Brewtal is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090677

With all the DE's in this years draft, can we start giving them a lower priority?..
    Yeah, I always wanted to see this guy get more playing time. Think he has good upside.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm surprised Robison got it and not Edwards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/24905/brian-robison-set-to-replace-ray-edwards

That's not to say that this is unexpected. I think Ray will likely price himself off the team...and with his production fall off last season, I don't blame the Vikings for going with Robison over Edwards.

Caine

to be honest, i've never really liked Ray that much anyway. he runs his mouth too much and thinks he's way better than he actually is. The worst player on a Great defensive line should put up better numbers than he has, and that record breaking sack year never happened, (21.5 in the last THREE years, record is 22 in ONE year)

That being said, he's not a terrible player. he's a decent lineman that will get a big payday from some team (any thoughts on who?) and will have a slightly better-than-average career.

But i'm glad that Robison is staying. he's made the best out of every opportunity he's had since being drafted, correct me if i'm wrong but didnt he get two sacks in his first regular season game his rookie year? he's put up some good backup numbers (especially for the viking's d-line): 65 tackles and 13.5 sacks in 63 games, starting only 7 of them.

he's definitely worth the gamble of letting ray leave and it'll be interesting to see how he does with the starting job.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090677

agree, think that Edwards has pushed himself out of Minny and will end up elsewhere. Think that we could look for a DE in later rounds to provide some depth, especially if we want to rotate the DL during games. DT should still be looked at in the earlier rounds IMO, whether to cover PWill going, KWill's possible suspension or to provide some depth.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

As everyone says, a fan favorite and I am happy for him, but trust me folks, this is not starter money.

This time of year, I like to look at indicators.......

a. Ray was tendered for one more year.

That, to means that the starter they planned to take over at LDE isn't mature enough to handle that. Rob has been around long enough to be mature enough to handle it. The one that still needs time is Griff.

b. Rob is built like a RDE, not a LDE.

Again, he isn't suited to start at LDE in the base 4-3. As we saw when Ray went down last year, teams just lined up a TE and ran right at Rob. That wore him down, and his production/pressure went down because of the wear and tear.

In the end, he will continue to be a situational guy at LDE, RDE and in the middle based on the down and distance.

The size of the contracts kindof validates that assumption.

On a side note, I am glad the the staff has finally figured out they can sign players to contracts instead of just "Tendering" them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast