Re: Robison on the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1104226
    Quote Originally Posted by "seaniemck7" #1104221
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104211
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1104209
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1104207
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1104206
    Fuck the Packers.

B-Rob doesn't have to prove anything to talk. He said WE are going to kick their ass. Not "I'm going to break the single season sack record."

WE are going to kick the Packers ass. Bring some heat to the game. Break their focus, precision is their game on offense and speed on defense. If we get in their heads we can force hesitation and overpursuit.

A little talk like this can't hurt. Take a look at the Jets.
    Jets at least have had the talent to come close to their shit-talking. Back-to-Back AFCCGs is no easy feat, especially with all the tough AFC teams.

We have much more to prove. Not as much as the Redskins, of which John Beck said will "Win the division"
    The Jets were talking long before they went to an AFCCG. Do we not have talent?

And wasn't it Rex Grossman?
    Maybe it was Grossman

But the Jets were talking after making a bunch of big name signings. Most notably, rex saying they would win every playoff game after barely making it as a wild card. Well, they were a game away. more talk, another AFCCG appearance.

We are relying heavily on our existing mediocre talent to get much better. When it works out, that's fantastic, but alot of times it doesn't. We didn't have room to make many big name acquisitions, and barring some breakout seasons from multiple players, we are still a year away from actually making a real playoff push, and that's assuming guys like Erin, Tyrell, Ponder, DeGeare, etc. are going to pan out and be solid football players.
    I am pretty sure the Jets were two games away. But agree with Mr. A: Fuck the Packers. To the point of our talent level, we have enough. What we need is continuity,cohesion and the team to believe in one another- Kumbayah and all that poop. With all the staff and player turnover, it may take us some time. How much remains to be seen.
    Actually, each of the last two years the Jets have been one game away.
    As for the Packers. They are CERTAINLY beatable. We swept them just two years ago. Are they better now? Yes. Are we worse now? Probably. But we are not so far apart that it will be 38-0 two times.
    Thank you. People are acting like we are the Browns and can't compete with anyone. All the Mcnabb hate makes me laugh. They guy is a baller who has never come out and said...my team didn't get me the weapons I needed to compete, although everyone knows it. I'll take a McNabb and Peterson combo over a Favre and Peterson combo any day....I loved what he did in 2009 but that was unlikely as hell.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Sure the Packers are worried about a back-up DE running his mouth.. SMDH.

B-Rob would be better doing his talking on the pitch, rather than running his mouth, like his predecessor.. "Im'a break the single season sack record".. and we know how that turned out. :laugh:

What did you guys expect him to say about the pukers on viking radio.. Who cares.. He is talking about our greatest rivals... Screw those sheepf*****s. Go Vikes!!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1104206
    Fuck the Packers.

B-Rob doesn't have to prove anything to talk. He said WE are going to kick their ass. Not "I'm going to break the single season sack record."

WE are going to kick the Packers ass. Bring some heat to the game. Break their focus, precision is their game on offense and speed on defense. If we get in their heads we can force hesitation and overpursuit.

A little talk like this can't hurt. Take a look at the Jets.
    And then take a look at us. We finished 6-10 last year, not 10-6.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104248

B-Rob would be better doing his talking on the pitch, rather than running his mouth, like his predecessor.. "Im'a break the single season sack record".. and we know how that turned out. :laugh:
    Robison is not a back up. He's our starter. Edwards is gone..........remember?

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1104201
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104059
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1104024
    He better be able to backup his faith in his team? I understand if he was talking about his own personal goals (like Edwards loved doing) but I see nothing wrong with a guy having confidence in his team.

To make that statement you have to have a little bit of craziness in you. Something I wish more of our players had.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you feel that to make a statement like Edwards did, he'd have to have craziness in him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you hated that. That contradicts what you just wished for.

You don't have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in his team, but you have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in himself? WTF?

I guess that means you'd rather have players not have faith & confidence in themselves.
    There is a difference in my point of view when it comes to having faith in your teams abilities. Chemistry plays a part in that. Having your priorities right on the teams success.

Publicly making statements about your own personal goals are often a sign of a guy that cares more for his own ego than the team.

I would much rather see a guy start the season publicly proclaiming a Superbowl ring rather than a guy saying his intent is to make the Probowl.
    So what your saying then, is AD cares more for his own ego than the team?

Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1104225
    Quote Originally Posted by "iowa" #1104224
    B-Rob could be my new favorite Viking !! Screw the Packers.Damn , some of you so-called Vikes fans need to take a freakin' midol already!
    Yeah ... you tell em. You're totally awesome.

Seriously.

Totally.
    What part gave it away? The "B-Rob COULD be" part?

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104258
    Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104248

Robison is not a back up. He's our starter. Edwards is gone..........remember?
    Was being facetious :huh: .. i am aware that Edwards has gone.. my point, to date, B-Rob has done not a damn thing in the NFL to warrant running his mouth.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Chazz" #1104219
    Anybody at anytime can feel free to trash the Pack in my book. As a matter of fact, I wish we had more people wanting to beat the crap out of the Pack.

Carry on Robison...you have my seal of approval.
    So far, only you and Mr. A seem to agree with me.

On a side note, Rob needs to buck up a bit more than he did last night if he is gonna talk smack.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1104252
    What did you guys expect him to say about the pukers on viking radio.. Who cares.. He is talking about our greatest rivals... Screw those sheepf*****s. Go Vikes!!!!!
    Thats the spirit.

I wonder how many on here whimper away from stupid PUKER fans talking smack? Not me. If the team lets me down, guess what, I talk more smack.

Its how the game is played.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast