Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Robison on the Packers

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1104032
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1104027
    Quote Originally Posted by "VikesFan787" #1104023
    This dude is an animal, watch. Way better than Edwards.
    Based upon what criteria?
    An internet opinion.
    Well - I'm sold.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

=Z=
    based on the fact that Robison wants to play here whilst Edwards wanted to play wherever the money was.. thats enough for me.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

=Z=
    Probably based on the "Greg Blue is a Beast" criteria or the "Jason Carter is the next Cris Carter" criteria.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1104042

=Z=
    based on the fact that Robison wants to play here whilst Edwards wanted to play wherever the money was.. thats enough for me.
    If Robison wanted to play here as badly as you said, the Vikings wouldn't have had to pay him a $14 mil over 3 years to play here.

You also had a problem with Edwards opening his mouth & setting some goals he couldn't back up. yet don't have a problem with Robison opening his pie hole.

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1104024
    He better be able to backup his faith in his team? I understand if he was talking about his own personal goals (like Edwards loved doing) but I see nothing wrong with a guy having confidence in his team.

To make that statement you have to have a little bit of craziness in you. Something I wish more of our players had.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you feel that to make a statement like Edwards did, he'd have to have craziness in him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you hated that. That contradicts what you just wished for.

You don't have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in his team, but you have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in himself? WTF?

I guess that means you'd rather have players not have faith & confidence in themselves.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Crap talk is part of the game. The only ones who don't know that are the ones who have bought into the Mike Greenburg way of thinking.

I for one think this team needs a few more "Talkers". Bring a bit of an attitude and nastiness to this team and I would be hell of alot happier with them.

Besides, it looks like Griff is making every effort possible to keep Rob a backup anyways. IMHO thats a good thing. He is more effective when he is used in situational pass rushing efforts.

Suffocating rush: Quarterbacks were under duress all day as the defensive front applied pressure. Ends Brian Robison and Everson Griffen were speedy off the edge, and safety Mistral Raymond marched into the backfield to stop a play. The Vikings' defense is winning most of the camp battles with the offense.
    Vikings camp: Day 9 highlights

Looks like we have a nice rotation over there.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104057
    Quote Originally Posted by "AngloVike" #1104042

=Z=
    If Robison wanted to play here as badly as you said, the Vikings wouldn't have had to pay him a $14 mil over 3 years to play here.

You also had a problem with Edwards opening his mouth & setting some goals he couldn't back up. yet don't have a problem with Robison opening his pie hole.
    Very true, Edwards opened his trap and didn't back it up so bad on him. At the moment I don't have a problem with Robison making statements as he has the chance to back them up - if he doesn't back them up then I'd have no problem in getting on his back about it.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

delviking is offline Starter

if they dont win but robison still gets like Jared allen numbers on rodgers ill call it fair statement. since he held up his end. if not then shame on him.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104059
    Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1104024
    He better be able to backup his faith in his team? I understand if he was talking about his own personal goals (like Edwards loved doing) but I see nothing wrong with a guy having confidence in his team.

To make that statement you have to have a little bit of craziness in you. Something I wish more of our players had.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you feel that to make a statement like Edwards did, he'd have to have craziness in him?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you hated that. That contradicts what you just wished for.

You don't have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in his team, but you have a problem with a player having faith & confidence in himself? WTF?

I guess that means you'd rather have players not have faith & confidence in themselves.
    There is a difference in my point of view when it comes to having faith in your teams abilities. Chemistry plays a part in that. Having your priorities right on the teams success.

Publicly making statements about your own personal goals are often a sign of a guy that cares more for his own ego than the team.

I would much rather see a guy start the season publicly proclaiming a Superbowl ring rather than a guy saying his intent is to make the Probowl.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not really a big fan of this kind of talk. Remember Chris Hovan? He talked up a big game...then failed to deliver.

Robison has always seemed to be a level headed guy. Why he's now making comments like this is baffling. Reality is, he's an unproven player who needs to establish a bit of on-field credibility before calling out anyone.

Caine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast