Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,539

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    so we press on with the b.quinn looks so that somenoe trades up with us, to get him.
    we take their say
    < 10 pick and grab Meachem.

    Now with Twill, JC, Wade, Meachem..

    who do you look for to add depth?
    and how fast could Meachem come in and play?

    DiGITaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    Meachem or Bowe would be great to pick up somewhere in the middle of the 1st round.

    I hope this means they will give serious consideration into trading down.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #13
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    If we are going after Meachem or Bowe we should trade down a few times and stockpile draft choices. We could trade to around ten, then trade down to fourteen or so and still grab one of those two!

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  4. #14
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    If we are going after Meachem or Bowe we should trade down a few times and stockpile draft choices. We could trade to around ten, then trade down to fourteen or so and still grab one of those two!
    thats a good plan.. if we lived in dream land
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #15
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    I'll bet that he won't be so eager if we trade DOWN then take him...it's all about the Benjamins!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  6. #16
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,152

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    "gregair13" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    If we are going after Meachem or Bowe we should trade down a few times and stockpile draft choices. We could trade to around ten, then trade down to fourteen or so and still grab one of those two!
    thats a good plan.. if we lived in dream land
    Dream this!


    If Quinn is there and we don't want him we could drop to Miami #9, St. Louis #13 (Bulger is good bu the is often hurt) or Carolina at #14.

    If Peterson is there we could trade down to Atlanta #10 (Dunn is getting old).
    Buffalo is deperate for a RB at #12.


    If we get Miami's pick we could trade with Carolina (Landry might be here).
    Buffalo could trade Up to get Peterson.
    There are so many possiblities that the only dreamland is your boring unimaginative one!!
    Meachem and Bowe, one of them should be there at #20.
    That is alot of room to trade down, and I am so glad you are not our draft guru.

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  7. #17
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,576

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    "tarkenton10" wrote:
    If we are going after Meachem or Bowe we should trade down a few times and stockpile draft choices. We could trade to around ten, then trade down to fourteen or so and still grab one of those two!
    thats a good plan.. if we lived in dream land
    Dream this!


    If Quinn is there and we don't want him we could drop to Miami #9, St. Louis #13 (Bulger is good bu the is often hurt) or Carolina at #14.

    If Peterson is there we could trade down to Atlanta #10 (Dunn is getting old).
    Buffalo is deperate for a RB at #12.


    If we get Miami's pick we could trade with Carolina (Landry might be here).
    Buffalo could trade Up to get Peterson.
    There are so many possiblities that the only dreamland is your boring unimaginative one!!
    Meachem and Bowe, one of them should be there at #20.
    That is alot of room to trade down, and I am so glad you are not our draft guru.
    double trade downs are rare. that was my point.
    We're bringing purple back.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    Here's an alternative tactic.

    If Quinn falls to 7, take him.

    Trade up from rd 2 into the latter part of rd 1 to take one of the better remaining WRs, whether it be Meachem, Bowe, etc.
    Draft a pass receiving TE or RB in rd 3,
    4 or 5.

    There aren't many key needs, other than WR, DE, QB, to fill, so losing a draft pick to fill out the WR crew makes some sense.
    There are always several vet players, including overpaid WRs or DEs, who are cut after the pre-season testing of rookies makes them (vets) expendable.



    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  9. #19
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Here's an alternative tactic.

    If Quinn falls to 7, take him.

    Trade up from rd 2 into the latter part of rd 1 to take one of the better remaining WRs, whether it be Meachem, Bowe, etc.

    Draft a pass receiving TE or RB in rd 3,
    4 or 5.

    There aren't many key needs, other than WR, DE, QB, to fill, so losing a draft pick to fill out the WR crew makes some sense.
    There are always several vet players, including overpaid WRs or DEs, who are cut after the pre-season testing of rookies makes them (vets) expendable.



    Not a bad thought...kinda wastes the machinations that we went through last year to get TJack though...which doesn't make me happy.
    On the other hand, if TJack isn't THE MAN, we might as well cut our losses now.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Robert Meachem, WR looking at Vikings

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    Here's an alternative tactic.

    If Quinn falls to 7, take him.

    Trade up from rd 2 into the latter part of rd 1 to take one of the better remaining WRs, whether it be Meachem, Bowe, etc.

    Draft a pass receiving TE or RB in rd 3,
    4 or 5.

    There aren't many key needs, other than WR, DE, QB, to fill, so losing a draft pick to fill out the WR crew makes some sense.
    There are always several vet players, including overpaid WRs or DEs, who are cut after the pre-season testing of rookies makes them (vets) expendable.



    Not a bad thought...kinda wastes the machinations that we went through last year to get TJack though...which doesn't make me happy.
    On the other hand, if TJack isn't THE MAN, we might as well cut our losses now.
    Disagree that it 'wastes' machinations taken to acquire TJackson.
    TJ becomes insurance against Quinn busting.

    There is value to such insurance. All NFL teams need two good QBs; one will go down to injury, eventually.
    A roster is not comprised of 22 players, plus P, K.
    Depth, STs are also critical to success of an NFL team.

    Quinn is definitely an upgrade over TJackson, who hasn't yet proven anything, and hasn't proven he has more potential than Quinn.

    Quality WRs are more abundant than Franchise QBs.
    Quinn and TJackson aren't proven to be Franchise QBs, but they both have some potential to be so, thus Quinn should rank higher on the Vikings draft board than all WRs other than CJohnson, and, perhaps even CJohnson.




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saints, receiver Meachem agree to 5 year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
  2. Were we better off getting Rice than Meachem?
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
  3. Maybe NOT getting Meachem was a blessing in disguise?
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 10:52 PM
  4. Interesting article on Robert Meachem
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 04:48 PM
  5. Bowe and Meachem
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 10:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •