Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Risky Draft leaves Vikings a QB away from Super Bowl

[size=13pt]Risky Draft Leaves Vikings a Quarterback Away from Super Bowl[/size]

April 27, 2009

by
    M Holly (Scribe)
    bleacherreport.com

The failure of the Minnesota Vikings to secure proven veterans at key offensive positions during the free agency and trade period, along with their need to win now, forced the team to try desperately to meet those specific short-term needs in a risky draft....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Risky Draft leaves Vikings a QB away from Super Bowl

What are the chances that Favre comes out of retirement and joins the vikings?
    I don't think the chances are high, but if he did that would be great.
    He is the type of QB the Vikings need!

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"peterson-rox28" wrote:
    What are the chances that Favre comes out of retirement and joins the vikings?
    I don't think the chances are high, but if he did that would be great.
    He is the type of QB the Vikings need!

Chances are not good...anyone know if Zygi's jet has been to Louisiana recently?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

While I agree we are a QB away from a superbowl caliber team, I don't put much stock in the author's conclusions.

First of all, I don't believe that Chiller wants a "PROVEN" Veteran to come in.
    He wants a veteran just good enough to push Tarvaris/Sage, but not good enough to push them out of the starting spot.
    After all, Chiller has practically wagered his job that Tarvaris is "THE GUY", and bringing in Rosenfels (Who has failed in 8 seasons to become a consistant starter) doesn't exactly guarantee that Tarvaris is out of a job.

Second, I believe that Favre is well and truly retired.
    I don't think he really wants to be pummeled again this season.
    Adn even though we have a far superior offense to that of the Jets (minus the QB), I'm not convinced that is enough to entice Favre to come out of retirement AGAIN and risk ANOTHER awkward period if the Jets elect to try and keep him.
    Fact is, without the Jets saying they'll release him in advance, I doubt Favre even considers coming back.

Of course, if the Jets DID agree to release him and Favre DID come back, there is also the problem we have at head coach.
    Chiller won't want a guy who can help us win NOW at teh expense of him starting Jackson/Rosenfels.
    Chiller doesn't want another ancient QB coming in and forcing his pet project to the bench...it makes him look bad.

So, like it or not, prepare for another season with a cruddy QB...unless Rosenfels suddenly emerges.

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

[quote author=singersp link=topic=51662.msg940886#msg940886 date=1240921505]
    [size=13pt]Risky Draft Leaves Vikings a Quarterback Away from Super Bowl[/size]

April 27, 2009

by
    M Holly (Scribe)
    bleacherreport.com

The failure of the Minnesota Vikings to secure proven veterans at key offensive positions during the free agency and trade period, along with their need to win now, forced the team to try desperately to meet those specific short-term needs in a risky draft....

I almost threw up seeing that picture!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:

.....Second, I believe that Favre is well and truly retired.
    I don't think he really wants to be pummeled again this season....

Caine
    If there was even a glimmer of a chance that Favre would play again this year, Madden would not have retired.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

haha good point singer!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I guarentee you tat as we get closer to the start of the season, that you will hear talk, rumors and speculation of a Farve to The Vikes agian. But I would be surprised if it goes beyond that. As far as Madden goes I have heard rumors, that hsi retirement is more health related than anything.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

SCREW LORD DICKHEAD.

The Vikings wanted to grab Oher and then trade down to get Harvin, but they believed the Patriots would draft Harvin with the next pick
    My father-in-law was reading a article yesterday that told how a certain HC from a certain NFC East team helped in defeating the evil coach known as "Bellicheat".

From what he said, both Andy and PH told the Chiller about the private workout/visit the Pats did with PH and the contact he made with the Iggles to move up ahead of us.

Still looking for that article.
    If anyone knows what he was talking about, I would like to read it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    SCREW LORD DICKHEAD.

The Vikings wanted to grab Oher and then trade down to get Harvin, but they believed the Patriots would draft Harvin with the next pick
    My father-in-law was reading a article yesterday that told how a certain HC from a certain NFC East team helped in defeating the evil coach known as "Bellicheat".

From what he said, both Andy and PH told the Chiller about the private workout/visit the Pats did with PH and the contact he made with the Iggles to move up ahead of us.

Still looking for that article.
    If anyone knows what he was talking about, I would like to read it.
    I hope Favre DOES come out of retirement and sign here...only so I can see Marrdro's reaction.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast