Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Rich's Rant: The Wrongness of the Mocks

How can something be so wrong, so often, yet still spread like a virus?

http://cle.scout.com/2/851877.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rich's Rant: The Wrongness of the Mocks

I don't do mocks. I could care less about other teams. All I want to know is what guys I want to see on this team.

"marstc09" wrote:
    I don't do mocks. I could care less about other teams. All I want to know is what guys I want to see on this team.
    I'm not so sure that my fascination with them is because of the other teams, but rather, the inner workings of the FO's and how they go about evaluating the talent and then getting the players they want/need to fill holes on the rosters.

Said it before, I'll probably say it again, I would almost kill to get a chance to sit in the Warroom in Winter park for just an hour during draft day or during thier final board prep.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

My response to that article is "Waaaahhhh!!!"

he should have ended it here.
    it’s because they’re a lot of fun. Nothing more. They generate stimulating conversation on occasion, but should not be take seriously.
    Mocks are also good because they give you an idea of what players may fall to 22, given a certain scenario. NFL front offices do their own mocks to help prepare for the draft, so how worthless are they really? When you want to sit around and bullshit about football it seems like a good topic, seeing as draft prep is what's happening in the NFL. I might even make one this year, you know when, I get around to it.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jessejames09" wrote:
    My response to that article is "Waaaahhhh!!!"

he should have ended it here.
    it’s because they’re a lot of fun. Nothing more. They generate stimulating conversation on occasion, but should not be take seriously.
    Mocks are also good because they give you an idea of what players may fall to 22, given a certain scenario. NFL front offices do their own mocks to help prepare for the draft, so how worthless are they really? When you want to sit around and bullshit about football it seems like a good topic, seeing as draft prep is what's happening in the NFL. I might even make one this year, you know when, I get around to it.
    Yes... but you and I don't work for the NFL, so I think that was his point.

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Is wrongness a word?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I'm not so sure that my fascination with them is because of the other teams, but rather, the inner workings of the FO's and how they go about evaluating the talent and then getting the players they want/need to fill holes on the rosters.

Said it before, I'll probably say it again, I would almost kill to get a chance to sit in the Warroom in Winter park for just an hour during draft day or during thier final board prep.
    I wouldn't want you anywhere near that room.
    ;D

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Is wrongness a word?
    Unfortunately, yes.

What I don't get is how these boards change all the time. I read a transcript of a chat with either Wyche or Kirwan. He said that NFL teams have their mocks ready before the combine and the only movement that occurs from that moment on is because of really stand-out work-outs at pro-days or the combines.

If the purpose of a mock draft is to make it come as close to reality as you can, how come that the ones from the teams don't change alot, while online mock drafts get a complete overhaul between February 1st and March 1st?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

I wouldn't want you anywhere near that room.
    ;D
    Truth be told, I wouldn't let me in either...... Might somehow come away with a DT at 22.
    ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast