Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Rice planning to test Free Agency

Odds are he will be gone but at least we will have a chance to match any offer because most people think he will be restricted free agent anyways.

He had one good year with Favre throwing him the ball, Rice hasnt done shit with anyone else throwing him the ball. I dont want to see us break the bank on Rice because to be honest I dont think he is worth all that, sure he can jump and catch the ball but that is it. He cant outrun any db if his life depended on it, one dimensional reciever is all he is.

Not a big loss if he leaves anyways.

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "PackSux!" #1090325
    Odds are he will be gone but at least we will have a chance to match any offer because most people think he will be restricted free agent anyways.

He had one good year with Favre throwing him the ball, Rice hasnt done shit with anyone else throwing him the ball. I dont want to see us break the bank on Rice because to be honest I dont think he is worth all that, sure he can jump and catch the ball but that is it. He cant outrun any db if his life depended on it, one dimensional reciever is all he is.

Hmmmm......sounds like what Buddy Ryan said about Chris Carter.... can only run the fade .... look at how that worked out.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "PackSux!" #1090325

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The guys is a baller. I remember him out running quite a few guys on his way to 1300 yards in 2009. I don't want to break the bank on this guy.

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Man Fuck sidney rice. We supported his bum ass when he sucked his first two years, and when he made a dumbass decision and didn't have surgery last year and sat for 11 games. Now since he had 1 good pro bowl season he thinks he is too good for us? Fuck you go to st. louis or Washington or Carolina...

Draft Julio Jones in the 1st, and Ryan Mallett in the second.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hey, what happened to the "It isn't about the money" crowd? :P

Couple of comments. .....

a. For those that are saying he hasn't done anything until last year. Most people believe that it takes a WR 3 years to get things figured out. As I said in another post, I think that might be shortened a bit for kids coming from top level programs that run the spread (lots of passing) but it still takes time for most WR's to get productive.

b. Rice was hurt each of his first 3 years. That also slowed his progress.

c. Our QB position hasn't been what we call stable while he has been on the team. That also slowed his progress.

d. We are a run/first team, or were prior to the Noodle showing up.

Long story longer, anyone who thinks Rice isn't gonna continue to get better, or isn't a top level reciever in this league is fooling themselves. This kid will demand top dollar on the open market.

For a team like the Vikes, who have revenue issues, issues at the QB position, hell, issues on were the team will be in 2 years, there is no way they can contend with what Rices agent is telling him and what he will get on the open market.

As I've been saying, Rice went into last season looking for a long term deal. The Vikes opted not to do it. Now we are seeing what happens when a team takes that stance.

What I think this staff should sign who they can and really to start focusing on guys who have on year left on thier contract like AD instead of worrying about having to pay them if there isn't any football this year.

Look around the league, other teams are taking care of players. Of course they don't have revenue issues .......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12