Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    V1K1NG L3G3ND is offline Training Camp

Rice planning to test Free Agency

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e86228/article/vikings-wr-rice-wont-strike-new-deal-before-cba-expires?module=HP_headlines2col

Fine, let him go. Draft Julio Jones at 12. Immediate fix.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Rice planning to test Free Agency

The only thing bad about Rice going in free agency is that it will force us to draft another WR, which we can't afford. We have too many holes on this team to draft a top WR. We need to draft a QB, OL, DT, DE, S, and maybe a CB if we don't feel comfortable with our guys right now. I have seen that Rice can be a big playmaker, when he's healthy, but we can't and won't be able to compete against other teams offering him big bucks. You think Bradford wouldn't love to have Rice? I'm sure that unless he really wants to come back to the Vikings, he will be gone. And his agent can go fuck himself.

I love Julio Jones and think he can be a great WR, but it's not an instant fix. WRs rarely come in and dominate the league, and there's a very slim chance that a rookie Jones will be as effective as a healthy Rice. Assuming we have anyone to throw to them anyways. I think that even if we lose him, we won't draft a WR in the first two rounds..
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I say if he doesn't want to be here let him go. Maybe we can work out a trade for Fitz.

With the 12 pick we might be able to get Jones or Green. If both of them get off the board early it probably leaves us a top QB or one of the top CB's in the draft.

mallet and kaepernick are looking like a good fit.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1090273
    The only thing bad about Rice going in free agency is that it will force us to draft another WR, which we can't afford. We have too many holes on this team to draft a top WR. We need to draft a QB, OL, DT, DE, S, and maybe a CB if we don't feel comfortable with our guys right now. I have seen that Rice can be a big playmaker, when he's healthy, but we can't and won't be able to compete against other teams offering him big bucks. You think Bradford wouldn't love to have Rice? I'm sure that unless he really wants to come back to the Vikings, he will be gone. And his agent can go fuck himself.

I love Julio Jones and think he can be a great WR, but it's not an instant fix. WRs rarely come in and dominate the league, and there's a very slim chance that a rookie Jones will be as effective as a healthy Rice. Assuming we have anyone to throw to them anyways. I think that even if we lose him, we won't draft a WR in the first two rounds..
    An excellent post my friend.

I kindof hold to the notion that it takes a WR 3 years to get to the level were he can be considered NFL ready.

I will throw out one caveat though, it does appear, because of all the passing most of the teams do at the collegiate level, some WR's come out pretty close to NFL ready.

Mayock and Sharpe did a good breakdown on which WR's, based on their collegiate scheme, will be close to that this year.

Long story short, if Rice leaves and either Green or Jones are there, I wouldn't be to upset if they used the pick on him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1090274
    I say if he doesn't want to be here let him go. Maybe we can work out a trade for Fitz.

With the 12 pick we might be able to get Jones or Green. If both of them get off the board early it probably leaves us a top QB or one of the top CB's in the draft.

mallet and kaepernick are looking like a good fit.
    What would you offer for Fitz?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think we will lose Ray, Pat, and Rice

I've heard from people that in Frazier's last press conference that he thinks we might love Robison? Leber will probably stay

Anyways, like some people said we should have taken care of some of these players that are crucial to our team a longgggg time ago, instead of rolling out the red carpet over and over and over for that old QB we had

I think someone is gonna give Rice mega bucks.. Im not happy going in with Percy having to start and Berrian on the outside again.....

Joe Webb throwing to Berrian, Greg Lewis, Camarillo and Hank Baskett if Percy has to sit? Ouch!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Long story short, if Rice leaves and either Green or Jones are there, I wouldn't be to upset if they used the pick on him.
    That'll be the case then as Rosenwhore will be looking to lever Sidney to another team for top $$ which will trump anything the Vikes can/will offer.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

F*ck you, Sidney! F*CK YOU!!!
    Here I thought you were a real Vikings player. I don't want you back now. The trust is broken. You just lost a fan.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Why would Rice want to stay here? I wouldn't. We have no fucking clue who the QB is going to be. He is making a business decision. To tell you the truth, I would test it too.

On another note, I am glad I never got his jersey.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

This is a good thing. It will make us address WR in the 2nd or 3rd round. We need another WR.

Rice = injury prone
    Harvin = Always questionable
    BB = Might be cut

That leaves us with Greg C. and a unch of unknowns starting any given week. We need 1 more stud WR. In a perfect world we would go Julio and Mallet in the 2nd this draft. This would relegate Harvin to the slot, where he belongs and is most proficient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast