Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Rice: “Learning from the best”

[size=13pt]Rice: “Learning from the best”[/size]

Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald has invited some of the top wide receivers in the NFL to the Twin Cities this summer to workout with him. We had a chance to attend a workout last week and afterward Fitzgerald said that he was trying to get Vikings wide receiver Sidney Rice to take part in those sessions.
    [size=13pt]Learning from the Best[/size]

Today I worked out with Larry Fitzgerald and Cris Carter at the University of Minnesota. DeAngelo Hall, Greg Jennings and some kids just coming out of college were there, too. Larry is from Minnesota and he got in touch with me last weekend to see if I wanted to come work out. I’m going to continue to work out with these guys the rest of the week.
    Happy to see Sidney is taking advantage of these opportunities.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rice: “Learning from the best”

This is the stuff I like to hear. This is the type of stuff that makes me warm up to a player I've been sour on.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I give a pass on Rice because he was hurt. This is his 3rd year. This is usually when WRs shine. Having Favre will be a plus for him.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It’s crazy working out with him and Cris Carter, a Hall of Famer. Cris gave me some good pointers about coming out of my breaks. He pointed out that a big guy like me, my body can’t do the same things that smaller guys can do. He was showing me some great things.
    Soon........
    Soon!

That is great that he is taking part.
    Sometimes you wonder what kind of coaching they get on the team by their position coaches.
    Where is the subtle coaching from the team?
    Obviously, the big body comment is something a team coach would/should be able to teach/coach.
    Seriously?

Just working out with weights and getting in shape is not good enough.
    Some things still need to be taught.
    Hiding your next move, faking, foot work, and even speed could be taught or improved.

Regardless, Rice seems to be trying this off season.
    Hope it all pays off.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    It’s crazy working out with him and Cris Carter, a Hall of Famer. Cris gave me some good pointers about coming out of my breaks. He pointed out that a big guy like me, my body can’t do the same things that smaller guys can do. He was showing me some great things.
    Soon........
    Soon!

Sometimes you wonder what kind of coaching they get on the team by their position coaches.
    Obviously, the big body comment is something a team coach would/should be able to teach/coach.
    Seriously?

Hiding your next move, faking, foot work, and even speed could be taught or improved.

Hope it all pays off.

HOF...good catch Snow.

You just have to marvel at how hard a guy like Fitz must work to be at the top of his game...and how hard Jerry Rice worked to sustain his excellence for so many years. I hope Sidney has the drive to be the best he can be...he's got the physical traits, and now if adds the mental toughness and little things like perfecting his route running, he could be what we had all hoped for him.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

This is the year that Rice steps into CC's shoe's and become's our clutch reciever, Red Zone threat, and go-to guy. He can run like a young Cris, and will body up on a DB like post players do in basketball, providing a great target, get the ball at it's highest point by outleaping DB's, or just presenting a big target on slants. Harvin, Berrian, and Shank will all benefit from Sydneys healthy return.

I'm excited for Sydney, and really like seeing how hard he is working to get better. Gonna be a breakout year for him regardless of who QB's this team.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Soon........
    Soon!

Seriously?

Hope it all pays off.
    I'm sure the position coach knows as much as CC, but it's more of the source.
    CC is a instinctive leader and motivator.
    When he speaks he can put it in terms that are understood and the empathy is there.

IMO, 49ers are going to be good, because (although he's a former Bear) I have a lot of confidence in Singletary to lead and motivate as a HC like he did a MLB.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Well yeah let CC some him some of those tricks and pointers to help him improve.
    good to know he's working hard to do just that.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Always been a big fan of Sidney Rice. This is what you got to do to make yourself better, he's surrounded himself with other great players.

Just a side note "Jaymar Johnson" also attended that exact same camp. I like both these WR's.

Rice should take the rest of the WR's with him. CC can teach them all so much. Iwas watching CC highlights on you tube and i forgot how great he was.
    every pass to him he would make a effort on. he would always come back to the ball when the QB was on the run. he was the best. he was always learning. lets hope Rice can be our new CC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast