Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Reynaud The Runner

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I like this move a lot. He's about Chris Johnson's size, maybe a couple inches shorter... but bigger than Darren Sproles.

It would be interesting to see if it works out, and if it does... big props to Chiller and Co. I like how he's looking at players already on the roster and how he can better use their strengths.

Now... put Kleinsasser in at FB.
    Naw, leave Sauce were he is. He is more effective up on the line.

We just need to do away with the fallacy that we even use a FB and use that roster position for something else.
    Agreed, the FB was very underused. In the westcoast we run we would be much better off with a Big RB2 with good hands that was willing to block on a dozen or so plays a game,

Kleinsasser is always there for Goal line duties.
    Sasser has some of the best hands on the team.
    We're bringing purple back.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not opposed to this.. Would just be an extra spot for a WR

We wouldn't really use the 3rd back anyway

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

It doesn't matter one way or the other what position he's listed at, they can line him up where they want. But if this means they'll give him some shots from the backfield, so be it.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    I like this move a lot. He's about Chris Johnson's size, maybe a couple inches shorter... but bigger than Darren Sproles.

It would be interesting to see if it works out, and if it does... big props to Chiller and Co. I like how he's looking at players already on the roster and how he can better use their strengths.

Now... put Kleinsasser in at FB.
    Naw, leave Sauce were he is. He is more effective up on the line.

We just need to do away with the fallacy that we even use a FB and use that roster position for something else.
    Agreed, the FB was very underused. In the westcoast we run we would be much better off with a Big RB2 with good hands that was willing to block on a dozen or so plays a game,

Kleinsasser is always there for Goal line duties.
    Sasser has some of the best hands on the team.
    are you thinking of the same 'Sauce I am?

His hands are average at best. I recall a few easy drops by him over the past couple years.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I think thats pretty much paperwork...he's a multi backup kind of guy, as well as returner, increasing his value. Basically, I'm betting he still gets reps out of the slot etc so he's ready if/when injury or migraine dictates.

Still, interesting option. With DR, Ian and Harvin, we've got 3 guys in that same 6' 200 lb with speed and moves mold. I wonder if they're planning to use more wildcat or such to make up for the loss of CT and perhaps limit the old guy's reps a bit more...?

Kleiny is kind of a funny guy. Been a Viking from day 1, and fits our blue-collar, tough guy mold perfectly. He's a great blocker, but has never been a real offensive threat in any of the roles we've played him at. Not only is he not fast, he's so top heavy he tends to fall down shortly after beginning running. His longest completion was 39 yards, his average is a reasonable 8.8, but he's only scored 7 times in 11 years.

Sure, we don't even use the FB that much...but it would still be nice to get more than 2.2 rushing or 4.1 recieving when we do! (Tahi's career averages)
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

mountainviking wrote:
    I think thats pretty much paperwork...he's a multi backup kind of guy, as well as returner, increasing his value. Basically, I'm betting he still gets reps out of the slot etc so he's ready if/when injury or migraine dictates.

Still, interesting option. With DR, Ian and Harvin, we've got 3 guys in that same 6' 200 lb with speed and moves mold. I wonder if they're planning to use more wildcat or such to make up for the loss of CT and perhaps limit the old guy's reps a bit more...?

Kleiny is kind of a funny guy. Been a Viking from day 1, and fits our blue-collar, tough guy mold perfectly. He's a great blocker, but has never been a real offensive threat in any of the roles we've played him at. Not only is he not fast, he's so top heavy he tends to fall down shortly after beginning running. His longest completion was 39 yards, his average is a reasonable 8.8, but he's only scored 7 times in 11 years.

Sure, we don't even use the FB that much...but it would still be nice to get more than 2.2 rushing or 4.1 recieving when we do! (Tahi's career averages)
    A pass catching FB/Big RB2 would be a surprisingly big plus in the WCO. Its a missing piece you usually look for in the WCO. Even though the offense made great strides last year, they did it without really taking full advantage of RBs/FBs/HBs coming out of the backfield.

If they take any offensive player besides an Olineman it needs to be someone to address this gap.
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

bsmithberkley wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:

A pass catching FB/Big RB2 would be a surprisingly big plus in the WCO. Its a missing piece you usually look for in the WCO. Even though the offense made great strides last year, they did it without really taking full advantage of RBs/FBs/HBs coming out of the backfield.

If they take any offensive player besides an Olineman it needs to be someone to address this gap.
    I'll be pissed if we take a non o-line offensive player unless spiller or clausen slips to us.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Blog Entries

bsmithberkley wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:

Don't let marrdro let you hear that.... He's dead set on our scheme not wanting a fullback with any type of skills, which is why we hire the first bum to come our way.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:

Don't let marrdro let you hear that.... He's dead set on our scheme not wanting a fullback with any type of skills, which is why we hire the first bum to come our way.
    FB job is to block. We have AP and Harvin to work out of the backfield if we want people to catch the ball. And if Reynaud does go back there, maybe for some split backs or wildcat, he can catch too. No need for a FB to catch. And we have The Sasser is we need someone to stick back there for another option.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

gregair13 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    mountainviking wrote:

FB job is to block.
    Hmm.. I rarely see him do that either.

Its just funny, as my argument is still valid. We aparantly don't need a guy who can block, catch, run or do anything. Hell, where can I sign up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast