Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Reynaud The Runner

Multiple reports are surfacing that Darius Reynaud mentioned in a radio interview that the Vikings may move him to running back, which is an area of potential need since Chester Taylor departed during free agency.

By all appearances, this is not an April Fool’s joke, so we’ll run with it.
    Reynaud The Runner
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Reynaud The Runner

I posted this on Rube Chat too, but I honestly think that people are making too much out of this. DR is not going to be our new 3rd down back, he is simply being moved to create roster space.

Putting DR at the 3rd RB allows him to still be active on special teams and see limited action on offense. That frees up that roster spot that was used on the 6th or 7th WR, giving us a spot for our new KOS.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Reynaud The Runner

I like this move a lot. He's about Chris Johnson's size, maybe a couple inches shorter... but bigger than Darren Sproles.

It would be interesting to see if it works out, and if it does... big props to Chiller and Co. I like how he's looking at players already on the roster and how he can better use their strengths.

Now... put Kleinsasser in at FB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Re: Reynaud The Runner

NodakPaul wrote:
    I posted this on Rube Chat too, but I honestly think that people are making too much out of this. DR is not going to be our new 3rd down back, he is simply being moved to create roster space.

Putting DR at the 3rd RB allows him to still be active on special teams and see limited action on offense. That frees up that roster spot that was used on the 6th or 7th WR, giving us a spot for our new KOS.
    I agree, much like my stance on the use of PH in the backfield, just gonna be there for specific packages geared to exploit situations were we want to dictate to the defense instead of them dictating to us.

I like the discussion point with respect to our new Kicker.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    I like this move a lot. He's about Chris Johnson's size, maybe a couple inches shorter... but bigger than Darren Sproles.

It would be interesting to see if it works out, and if it does... big props to Chiller and Co. I like how he's looking at players already on the roster and how he can better use their strengths.

Naw, leave Sauce were he is. He is more effective up on the line.

We just need to do away with the fallacy that we even use a FB and use that roster position for something else.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

We just need to do away with the fallacy that we even use a FB and use that roster position for something else.
    But as long as we have a FB, we might as well put our best option out there.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I actually like this move. Reynaud is a very explosive player, and even if its just a couple snaps a game, he can be a great complement to peterson in the backfield.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Agreed, the FB was very underused. In the westcoast we run we would be much better off with a Big RB2 with good hands that was willing to block on a dozen or so plays a game,

Kleinsasser is always there for Goal line duties.
    None

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

They moved him from RB to WR at WVU.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

These are the stats from his senior year in high-school.

He lead Hahnville High School to an undefeated record and the state championship as a senior. He recorded 236 carries for 1,889 yards and 37 touchdowns as a Running back his senior season, with nine 100 yard rushing games.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast