Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Heckert not going to be our GM

"vikes&hawks4life" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Looks like the Eagles gave him the GM title when they heard we were interested. dang, i was hoping we would get him.

Fox Link

This is actually a big blow to our plans this off-season. He was #1 on our wish list and would have been an awesome hiring. Now we are gonna have to probably look at Savage from Cleveland, who I don't like anywhere near as much as Heckert.
    Savage would mean increase the possibility of us getting Ferentz and that would be great. I dont want him to leave Iowa, but he will eventually so why not come to the vikes.

Yep, that's the one reason why I like the idea of us getting savage. I love Ferentz and he is #1 on my wish list.

Re: Report: Vikings looking at Eagles exec as possible GM

Savage hasn't been fired yet. And as far as the article in the link below leads me to believe, while on shaky ground, many in the organization don't think he will leave.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/2020AP_FBN_Browns_Wrapup.html

Also, Adam Schefter (who is based in Denver) said on NFL network that the Bronco's Rick Smith is gonna be coming in for an interview now that Heckert is out.

Some info on Rick Smith:

www.denverbroncos.com/...tentID=640

Another note from an ABC.com article:

Whoever is hired as the personnel chief likely won't have traditional general manager-type powers, but will preside over the scouting department and work in conjunction with Brzezinski in the committee arrangement Wilf prefers.
    Even babies know the difference.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    Looks like the Eagles gave him the GM title when they heard we were interested. dang, i was hoping we would get him.

Fox Link

This is actually a big blow to our plans this off-season. He was #1 on our wish list and would have been an awesome hiring. Now we are gonna have to probably look at Savage from Cleveland, who I don't like anywhere near as much as Heckert.
    Savage would mean increase the possibility of us getting Ferentz and that would be great. I dont want him to leave Iowa, but he will eventually so why not come to the vikes.

Yep, that's the one reason why I like the idea of us getting savage. I love Ferentz and he is #1 on my wish list.

Ahhh, it's a Smooty sighting. What's up? Where ya been man ...

Didn't figure you as a Ferentz fan? Want Childress myself and think there is still an outside shot at him ... better situation here in Minny then going to Houston or New Orleans as has been rumored his 3 choices. Might be hard though getting Childress still with Heckert already resigning with Philly .... but I hope Childress figures it's time for him to move on.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:

Fox Link

Ahhh, it's a Smooty sighting. What's up? Where ya been man ...

Didn't figure you as a Ferentz fan? Want Childress myself and think there is still an outside shot at him ... better situation here in Minny then going to Houston or New Orleans as has been rumored his 3 choices. Might be hard though getting Childress still with Heckert already resigning with Philly .... but I hope Childress figures it's time for him to move on.

What's up man, good to finally be back. Been crazy busy lately, as I always am in the late fall/early winter months. Will be back on here a ton more now though, as my schedule is much lighter now.

I like childress, but I worry about him bringing in the west coast offense with him, and I don't like that for who and what we have here. Rivera and Lewis would be 2 more good choices IMO, and would be the D-minded coach we may need.

I would honestly be happy with any of those 4, but my wishlist goes like this: 1)Ferentz, 2)Lewis, 3)Rivera, and 4)Childress.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12