Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing Rice

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Replacing Rice

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101513
    Plain and simple not worth the money it would have took to resign him.... 41 million... LOL for real... So we should have dished out that kind of $$$$.. NO way..
    No, I wouldn't give him that. What I would do is a highly incentive-laiden contract worth up to that much. If he repeats what he did, he gets paid. If he plays 12 games over 3 years, he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101514
    Plain and simple not worth the money it would have took to resign him.... 41 million... LOL for real... So we should have dished out that kind of $$$$.. NO way..
    No, I wouldn't give him that. What I would do is a highly incentive-laiden contract worth up to that much. If he repeats what he did, he gets paid. If he plays 12 games over 3 years, he doesn't.

No way he signs that... He wanted to the $$$... Show me the money...

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp

Not worth the money yes. but TJack didnt expose his talents. he was good and has potential to be good. but now hell have to deal with tjack some more. bad career decision
    None

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101515
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101514

No way he signs that... He wanted to the $$$... Show me the money...
    He got 18.5 mil guaranteed. I' have no issue giving him $20 mil. with the new CBA, you can spread that cap hit over the length of his contract, which equates to $4 mil a year. That's not bad at all. That's why I'm pissed we didn't do enough to get him. $4 mil is a good price for him IMO.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "iowa" #1101402
    We've got Rice's replacement on the roster right now, Joe freakin' Webb!! Time to stop dickin' around with the Joe QB bullcrap and use him at WR like the original plan was. The guy's got all the tools, size, speed and understands the offense. I'm guessin' we can find another 3rd string QB if we need one.The FA pool of WR currently available stinks, they all have major flaws in their game, like not being able to catch or being a freakin' lunatic or both, Joe Webb is the answer.
    Im with you here..If they're bringing in McNabb to tutor Ponder, wheres that leave Webb? I say put him back in the WR slot!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mpalac4" #1101516
    Not worth the money yes. but TJack didnt expose his talents. he was good and has potential to be good. but now hell have to deal with tjack some more. bad career decision
    I saw some thing about Rice after he was drafted. He came from a piss-poor neighbourhood, and went pro early to help his Mom out, which I understand. If he stayed in College, help his team, he probably woudl ahve been a first round pick.

However, his Mom can manage just fine off Rice's NFL salary, as "low" as it was. He got the taste of money (he drives something stupid liek a Bentley or a Rolls Royce now) and wants more. It's just greed. He didn't go to be a good receiver, he didn't go to win, he went because they offered the most money.

Even adding in his good year he averaged for us. 36.5 rec,532 yds, 4.5 tds per season... Potential means nothing.. Hell jemarcus russell had potential...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101521
    Even adding in his good year he averaged for us. 36.5 rec,532 yds, 4.5 tds per season... Potential means nothing.. Hell jemarcus russell had potential...
    Jamarcus Russell played, and played like crap. When Rice was healthy, he was a beast. There's a difference.

Even when Rice was hurt, while on the field, he was making great catches, and has the talent of a top-5 receiver in the league. Just gotta stay healthy. That alone is worth the risk to alot of GMs.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101511
    Come on seriously.. Do we really think that losing Rice is the end of the world?? 63 receptions,817 yards, and 10 tds. those are his stats in other 3 yrs here. Brett was only reason he had his one good year.. I have also heard rumors that his hip was arthritic.. No way is he worth the money he got....
    I think the reason they gave him that kind of money was another payback for the Steve Hutchinson signing..I know they got Burleson back then, but he wasnt all that IMHO,,

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101523
    Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101521
    Jamarcus Russell played, and played like crap. When Rice was healthy, he was a beast. There's a difference.

Even when Rice was hurt, while on the field, he was making great catches, and has the talent of a top-5 receiver in the league. Just gotta stay healthy. That alone is worth the risk to alot of GMs.

Therein is the point im making. His numbers from when he is healthy are not (41 mil, 18.5 mil guaranteed) worth that.. I say go after Braylon Edwards..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast