Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacing Rice

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Replacing Rice

[quote="Marrdro"
    So who went after Dnabb? Seriously, isn't that getting old?[/quote]

Yes. Going after washed up QB's is really past getting old. It is actually at the breaking point to be honest.

First,

1. Why even put up Moss. He plays Berrians position. Why oh why would we have two cats on the field running deep. Didn't we see that that doesn't work last year?
    Because we could cut Berrians ass, free up some cap room for an OL or a DT and upgrade the talent at the position. He is still better than any WR we have had since he left.

Both Moss and Berrian can't fill the void left by Rice as neither one wants to work the middle.
    Berrian can cut salami at Ray's meat market for all I care.

We need someone who can take the pressure off of the 8 and 9 route and clear the underneath for Percy to work his magic. Shanc will help, so will Rudy, but we still need that big possesion kindof guy

We need help over the top to clear out the underneath stuff for Harvin. You saw how he flourished when Moss was here.

2. V-Jax and Plax are the next two guys that can best fill that void. V-jax seems to be ready to sign his tender. That leaves Plax, who appears to be ready to run back to the Giants.
    But if we came after Plax he would sign in a heartbeat to be the main guy. He makes the most sense. Jackson would be OK but his price tag is too high.

3. The rest of the class......(in priority order I think)...
    Thats it?

Malcom Floyd is available.
    Great last name. Any Floyd looks good in Purple IMHO:woohoo:

Mike Williams is available.
    He crapped out in Dallas. He would be a last resort IMHO

Sims-walker is available.
    Not really a name that instills fear in the defenders. Not a player DC's have to game plan against. We have guys like that already.

Legedu Naanee is available.
    See above

4. On the roster.....(Looks like the team anticipated losing Rice as they've loaded up on big boys)

Devin Aromashodu - One good game does a playmaker not make.
    Emmanuel Arceneaux - Interesting prospect with CFL experience, but again, nothing to set the bank on.
    Freddie Brown - Has the size.
    Stephen Burton - Has the size (6'1"/221) but is a bit short. Not sure of his leaping ability/body control.

If the first 2 make the roster PA is going to have a hell of a time spitting their names out once he hets his BP up and the saliva gets flowing.

My vote, go after Floy and hope that ARomashodu or Arceneaux can come through and give you some good reps this year.
    I am still hoping they go after Moss or Plax.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[quote="Purple Floyd" #1101467]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro"
    So who went after Dnabb? Seriously, isn't that getting old?[/quote

Yes. Going after washed up QB's is really past getting old. It is actually at the breaking point to be honest.

First,

1. Why even put up Moss. He plays Berrians position. Why oh why would we have two cats on the field running deep. Didn't we see that that doesn't work last year?
    Because we could cut Berrians ass, free up some cap room for an OL or a DT and upgrade the talent at the position. He is still better than any WR we have had since he left.

Both Moss and Berrian can't fill the void left by Rice as neither one wants to work the middle.

We need someone who can take the pressure off of the 8 and 9 route and clear the underneath for Percy to work his magic. Shanc will help, so will Rudy, but we still need that big possesion kindof guy

We need help over the top to clear out the underneath stuff for Harvin. You saw how he flourished when Moss was here.

2. V-Jax and Plax are the next two guys that can best fill that void. V-jax seems to be ready to sign his tender. That leaves Plax, who appears to be ready to run back to the Giants.
    But if we came after Plax he would sign in a heartbeat to be the main guy. He makes the most sense. Jackson would be OK but his price tag is too high.

Thats it?

Not really a name that instills fear in the defenders. Not a player DC's have to game plan against. We have guys like that already.

See above

4. On the roster.....(Looks like the team anticipated losing Rice as they've loaded up on big boys)

Emmanuel Arceneaux - Interesting prospect with CFL experience, but again, nothing to set the bank on.
    Stephen Burton - Has the size (6'1"/221) but is a bit short. Not sure of his leaping ability/body control.

If the first 2 make the roster PA is going to have a hell of a time spitting their names out once he hets his BP up and the saliva gets flowing.

My vote, go after Floy and hope that ARomashodu or Arceneaux can come through and give you some good reps this year.
    If they don't sign another big name WR & get some protection up front, then McNabb is nothing more than a fresh face at Vikings QB that teams will sack & injure.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="singersp" #1101470]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101467

First,

Thats it?

See above

If they don't sign another big name WR & get some protection up front, then McNabb is nothing more than a fresh face at Vikings QB that teams will sack & injure.
    Yeah, leave it to the NFL that the best way to end the careers of my 2 least favorite QB's in the league is to get them on the roster.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="Purple Floyd" #1101467]

First,

Marty... aren't two beers better than one beer?

No, he'll never admit to Moss having any type of semi-positive impact on our team. Deny Deny Deny.
    And we have expressed an interest in neither. I'd love to have either one here, but I honestly don't see it. Hopefully we go after Jackson again, second time's a charm?

Braylon is also an option here

Thats it?

That's Roy Williams. Mike Williams got re-signed by Seattle

To take a line out of Marty's arsenal... "If he's so good, one has to wonder why the Jags are letting him go int he first place"
    See above
    definition of mediocre. Had Philip Rivers throwing to him.

I wouldn't classify Aromashodu as a big boy (holy crap, you can spell that, but you can't get Musgrave's name right?) 6'2", 201 lbs, but I see him as more of a Berrian type player than a Rice replacement

Freddie Brown got cut
    Or Edwards
    Or James Jones

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp

Floyd or Naanee. both have potential.

TO... NO
    Edwards... Maybe, Ii dont like him and all his legal trouble though
    Smith.. No thankyou
    Moss... yeah, especially since he claims to be in such great shape, but as stated earlier by someone else I think he may have burned bridges before he left.
    James Jones would be nice forsure.
    None

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mpalac4" #1101505
    Moss... yeah, especially since he claims to be in such great shape, but as stated earlier by someone else I think he may have burned bridges before he left.
    I don't buy it. Considering how pissed Zygi was when Chilly cut him, and there were reports he considered firing Chilly and keeping Moss, I think he'd be open to having him back. Moss said he'd be open to returning. I think it was less burnt bridges and more Chilly powertripping
    James Jones would be nice forsure.
    Yup, that's for sure.

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp

Haha with Chillys rep I wouldnt doubt that either. I ment more with players though. I hope none of them feel like he abandoned them. Because that trust is the trust thats hard to earn back
    None

Come on seriously.. Do we really think that losing Rice is the end of the world?? 63 receptions,817 yards, and 10 tds. those are his stats in other 3 yrs here. Brett was only reason he had his one good year.. I have also heard rumors that his hip was arthritic.. No way is he worth the money he got....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MindCrimes67" #1101511
    Come on seriously.. Do we really think that losing Rice is the end of the world?? 63 receptions,817 yards, and 10 tds. those are his stats in other 3 yrs here. Brett was only reason he had his one good year.. I have also heard rumors that his hip was arthritic.. No way is he worth the money he got....
    Umm... considering we have a rookie QB, and exactly one reliable receiver, yes, it sorta is a big deal.

Plain and simple not worth the money it would have took to resign him.... 41 million... LOL for real... So we should have dished out that kind of $$$$.. NO way..

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast