Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regrets?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Regrets?

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I'll take my chances with Brad ... at least he has made it clear he wants to be here.
    Actually when we still had C-pep Brad did make sure and let us know that he did want to start. So he wasnt overly thrilled just to be in minnesota
    That's an interesting point. Brad said he wouldn't accept a back up role, meaning he wanted to leave unless Daunte left. Whether or not Daunte warranted all the criticism he got, it is interesting that Brad never got criticized for threatening to leave.
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/164016.html

That is the article that mentioned the "I want to be a starter" comment. No where in there did he threaten to leave. You can read into whatever you want. But I took it as, Brad wants to start. And if he doesn't even have a chance to compete for the starting job, then maybe there is another option for him via a trade.

Reread it if you like, but he never demanded a trade. Brad has more class than that.

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

Give me Brad. He is a winner. He has poise, patience, and Brains. Above all, the game is safe in his hands b/c he makes good decisions. He isnt going to run all over you, but that is what the backs are for. Give me Brad.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"Redmption" wrote:
    So now that Culpepper looks to start the regular season and feelings of regrets around here? Anyone honestly think Brad Johnson gives us the best chance of winning?
    yes. i do believe johnson gives us a better chance of winning. johnson is and has been a better qb than culpepper. duante did it one year. brad is always among the top rated qb's. we wasted enough time waiting for c-pep to learn the game. he still cannot read thru thru the progressions.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Who would YOU rather be: BIG Johnson or SMALL HANDS (we all know what that means) Culpepper? :evil4:
    very good cajunvike
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Brad is a steading influence that will guide our efficiently operating offense until young Mr. Jackson is ready.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

im plenty happy with johnson

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    I'll take my chances with Brad ... at least he has made it clear he wants to be here.
    Actually when we still had C-pep Brad did make sure and let us know that he did want to start. So he wasnt overly thrilled just to be in minnesota
    That's an interesting point. Brad said he wouldn't accept a back up role, meaning he wanted to leave unless Daunte left. Whether or not Daunte warranted all the criticism he got, it is interesting that Brad never got criticized for threatening to leave.

That is the article that mentioned the "I want to be a starter" comment. No where in there did he threaten to leave. You can read into whatever you want. But I took it as, Brad wants to start. And if he doesn't even have a chance to compete for the starting job, then maybe there is another option for him via a trade.

Reread it if you like, but he never demanded a trade. Brad has more class than that.
    That article supported my statement mroe than yours. Its says he deserves to be a starter and if that isnt going to happen in Minnesota he wants that to happen somewhere else.

I am not trying to defend anything that DC did. And I am not comparing what either of these did. I pointed out the simple fact that Johnson mentioned wanting to be on a different team this offseason as well and yet no one said anything about it because we were so wrapped up in everything that was going on with C-Pep.

I have confidence in Brad to keep things under control for us in the offense. But he is in no way the answer to our offense and yet a lot of people on here are almost giving him a free pass

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:

That article supported my statement mroe than yours. Its says he deserves to be a starter and if that isnt going to happen in Minnesota he wants that to happen somewhere else.

I am not trying to defend anything that DC did. And I am not comparing what either of these did. I pointed out the simple fact that Johnson mentioned wanting to be on a different team this offseason as well and yet no one said anything about it because we were so wrapped up in everything that was going on with C-Pep.

I have confidence in Brad to keep things under control for us in the offense. But he is in no way the answer to our offense and yet a lot of people on here are almost giving him a free pass
    Football fans understand that a QB at the end of his career wants to start, and doesn't have time to wait for an opening on his current team if that spot is not already there. Plus, he wasn't hiding anything from the fans. He layed out the situation in which he would be back, and the situation in which he'd ask for a trade. As a sports fan, I can respect that. If he had moved on under those circumstances, there would have been a colective "thank you and good luck" from Vikings fans.

The situation with Daunte, nobody understood. Here's the franchise QB suddenly shipping out for no apparent reason, and we get no explanation. All we get from Daunte is a vauge "the is the halftime of my career, and I'm making adjustments" statement that doesn't tell us anything. Meanwhile, the front office isn't offering any explanation either. That leaves it up to us, the fans, to speculate on the reasons why this went down, and fans are always ready to assume the worst.

So you have one guy who left under a cloud of secrecy, and one guy who's still here who dealt with the fans and the media in an open manner. Who do you think is going to get the free pass?

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Redmption" wrote:
    Wow got some touchy people on here... I like Brad but still think Culpepper has more upside and can last through the beat down of a whole season. To me it feels like this season is going to be 'lets see what we can do with the QB we have until we find our QB of the future.' Its like a care taking season. Anyone know what I mean?
    I think we can win the North but Superbowl? We dont even have a dominant side anymore. The offense has lost all the high power and defense is still a work in progress. I guess we could be the next Patriots and win 3 superbowls without the flashy players we are used to

Did you forget about Daunte's back injury few years back and last years knee injury?

Prophet Guest

"Redmption" wrote:
    So now that Culpepper looks to start the regular season and feelings of regrets around here? Anyone honestly think Brad Johnson gives us the best chance of winning?
    :beathorse:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast