Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Reasonable roster overview and offseason forecast 2007!

All in all I think that your assesments are really good, and could end up being correct. So I'll just make a couple of fingermarks.

First on the recievers. As for Kleinsasser, it is true that he'll have to take a paycut to stay. I were surprised he did not get the move to FB when Richardson went down, but that also tells me that Dugan might get the shot for the future at FB.

You say Eric Johnson is injury prone so you don't like him here, but then you talk about Donte Stallworth. That doesn't sound right to me. I think Johnson could be great, and besides that season he sat out he's not that on and of with injuries. That however is Stallworth, which is why I don't like him here.

Other than that I like the way you think about the WR position. The one I'd like us to look at is DJ Hackett. But hey, we'll also get a couple in on draftday.

For the TE position Rick Spielman said in an interview pretty clear that they think there are many good TEs in the draft, and they'll find out which middle-round prospects they like, and pursue one in the draft.

In that same interview I think it were pretty clear that Napo would not get a new contract, because between Greenway and EJ Henderson there is allready a lot of money tied up in that position. So giving him a deal would create unbalance on the team. What they are thinking about doing next year I'm not convinced about yet. There has been talks about EJ getting back in there, and I also heard Greenway say that he'd be willing to try working in the middle if that were required. So I guess we'll see about that.

Then O-line. Dificult to say what will happen here about that right side, that we all know didn't function well. But whatever happens in FA i feel we'll once again get a first day OL pick in the draft.

That's all for now. But as I said, all in all very impressive post.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Moss is Boss is offline Training Camp

"WVV" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Just out of curiosity, why does your Photobucket account name say "Eagles1Fan"? :-\
    Uh oh! Busted!
    Bandwagon????
    Come on are you kidding me? An Eagles Fan????
    That really hurts.
    I acctually took the picture from a Footballs Future mock draft thread whose author is probably an Eagles Fan.

I want to thank the guys who really appreciate my work and I hope to get some more serious feedback.

Btw: I hope the Saints will beat the Eagles right now.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Good stuff there...will need to think furthur about it myself before I respond...and keep the great posts coming.
    Don't let a little meanness deter you, we forgot to activate the Minnesota Nice filter today.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Good work.
    Only a diehard Vikings fan would spend so much time working on that post
    Any help they can bring in is fine with me. Who knows which guy will be the difference maker? It could be that second-tier guy that makes the existing starter better.

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"x-ray" wrote:
    Good work.
    Only a diehard Vikings fan would spend so much time working on that post

Any help they can bring in is fine with me. Who knows which guy will be the difference maker? It could be that second-tier guy that makes the existing starter better.

Xray jefff...what kind of xray do you do??

MtVernonViking is offline Waterboy

Fantastic post!
    I love the thought that was put into every position.

I don't agree with every assessment, but it made for great reading.

I completely agree that Daniel Graham would be a perfect fit in the Viking's offense.
    He's the one person that I really hope they pursue.
    Some of the others would just be a bonus for me.

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

The Bremstrahlung kind

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

I think the Vikings need to basically build themselves a new Receiving Corps.
    That includes Tight Ends.
    Spielman came out and told fans not to expect much in free agency this year but I think that is simply a tactic.

I would expect one big signing and then a few mid-level signings.
    The options for a big signing would be:

1. Nate Clements - Cedric Griffin had a decent rookie year but I'm not comfortable having him start next season and I don't see how anybody could be.
    He may be a slight upgrade over Smoot, and he can definitely tackle better but this secondary needs some help and starting a weak cover-guy and signing a Rod hood isn't going to help.
    Clements is a Tomlin type of player and a heck of cover and tackling corner.
    He plays the run very well, which is critical when you have an interior line like we have.
    And he covers very well too. This signing would vastly improve our defense.

2. Leonard Davis - We would play Right Tackle for us.
    Whether we sign him or not depends on how high Childress is on Ryan Cook and/or Artis Hicks. I think it would be stupid to rely on these guys heading into the season.
    I can handle starting Cook, preferably at Guard, but we can't enter the season with a question mark on one side of the line.
    Last off-season's big signing was a lineman and we could use one this off-season too.

3. Adalius Thomas - This guy is going to command a lot of money but his versatility would be a huge asset.
    He can rush the passer and play the run from the 4-3.
    He could play linebacker and he can even play safety and conerback.
    If we sign him I think we will use him as a DE but can also serve as a fabulous replacement should one of our Linebackers go down.
    Considering our LB corps appears painfully thin (DT and Heath Farewell are our only back-ups of any worth) that could be a huge plus.

I think we'll make multiple mid-level signings that include Drew Bennett and perhaps another WR.
    Also, if we don't get Clements or Davis we will make a mid-level signing like Rod Hood or Eric Steinbach at those positions.

In the Draft, I think we will have a good shot at Greg Olson in the second round.
    Then it is possible that a guy like Steve Smith would be available at our pick in the round.
    I can very easily see us going with: 1. Johnson/Jarrett 2. Olson 3. Smith.
    Like I said we need to build ourselves a WR corps and with this Free Agent class the best way would be through the draft.
    I would argue we need to pick a CB on the first day but if Steve Smith and Greg Olson are available we can pass on a CB.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

Good post.
    We have two more fullbacks on the roster in Goodspeed and N. Tahi.

R. Whitaker at cb will be back and has played well at nickel before the

injury.

Considering that new head coaches turnover 75% of their rosters during

the first 3 years,
    I believe we'll see more of
    Chilli'S type of guy's

coming in soon.

Can't wait to see the Purple move the ball like Philly did on the Saints.

I do believe we'll make a run at Garcia, giving TJ another year or two

of seasoning.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I would take this offseason in a heartbeat but I doubt we make all of these moves. I could see us signing Stallworth especially because he behaved himself in Philadelphia and apparently gets the Andy Reid approval points.

I would be happy with Bennett Graham and Jarrett as additions to our passing game with Tarvaris at the helm. That would leave us with a young corps of athletes in Bennett, Jarrett, Williamson, Johnson? and Graham/Kleinsasser/Wiggins?.

I would much rather sign a stallworth and a bennett and then go after an offensive lineman in the draft though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast