Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. #81
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    CTaylor may be "unproven" and a "career back up", but keep in mind so was Priest Holmes and LaMont Jordan before they were traded to take over as a starter. Edge is a premium back, but taylor has a lot more tread on the tires. I think he will fit our new system well and have a lot of success.

    So far I am pleased with the results of our FA signings. If Hutch is locked up, I say the results are excellent.

  2. #82
    shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    727

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    I am very happy with the pickups so far, we still have a lot of cap space, Hutch will be here, and are team is far better than it was before with RED. They got who they wanted, long term, and they will continue to get more, and then the draft, but I am glad they are not stupid in offering huge contracts to 6 or 7 players, so that we will not be in a mess with the cap like half of the league was before the CBA extension.


    Thanks PurpleMafia

  3. #83
    Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    561

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    Dis is an excoipt from ESPN's Insider Chat-Wrap wit Gary Horton of Scout's Inc. Some seattle mug asked about da Hutchinson deal. I liked Gary's final comment da best.
    ===============================================

    Jack (Seattle WA): What do you think will happen with the Seahawks and Steve Hutchinson?

    Gary Horton: I think it was an excellent move by Minnesota. He is the most dominating guard in the NFL in my opinion. He can bring a lot of help to an OL that needed upgrading. I think it would be very difficult for Seattle to match. Hutchinson and Walter Jones are the best left side of an OL in the last 10-15 years. There will be tremendous pressure on the front office to try and NOT let that duo break up. I think ti is 50-50 on whether Seattle matches it or not.

    I think Minnesota has done a tremendous job out of the gate at identifying exactly who they want and going after them.
    ===============================================
    Dat says a lot to me.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

  4. #84
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "vegasvike" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    i ran the packers franchise into the ground one season, relocated them somewhere and built them a tiny stadium that probably didn't hold 30,000 ppl and renamed them the fudgepackers.

    anyway back to subject, i agree we should let the guys who are paid to make these decisions do their jobs. they know a hell of a lot more about who and what they want in the offseason than we do
    LOL!!! I did the same thing with the bears!!!! I would punt on every first down and if we were far enough AWAY from the 50 I try a FG (ex 70-80 yard FG's)
    I offered free blunt and bong night at games.
    I packed the bowl...........I mean the stadium.
    LMAO!!!!

    DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

  5. #85
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    CTaylor may be "unproven" and a "career back up", but keep in mind so was Priest Holmes and LaMont Jordan before they were traded to take over as a starter. Edge is a premium back, but taylor has a lot more tread on the tires. I think he will fit our new system well and have a lot of success.

    So far I am pleased with the results of our FA signings. If Hutch is locked up, I say the results are excellent.
    If we get Hutch, I give the Vikes an "A" for this year's FA. If not, they still earned a solid "B+".
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #86
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    CTaylor may be "unproven" and a "career back up", but keep in mind so was Priest Holmes and LaMont Jordan before they were traded to take over as a starter. Edge is a premium back, but taylor has a lot more tread on the tires. I think he will fit our new system well and have a lot of success.

    So far I am pleased with the results of our FA signings. If Hutch is locked up, I say the results are excellent.
    If we get Hutch, I give the Vikes an "A" for this year's FA. If not, they still earned a solid "B+".

    If they do not get Hutchinson then the Vikings still have the 13 million that he counts against the salary cap to go after more free agents, so they could impove their grade even if they do not get Hutchinson!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  7. #87
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    "OldManVike" wrote:
    Dis is an excoipt from ESPN's Insider Chat-Wrap wit Gary Horton of Scout's Inc. Some seattle mug asked about da Hutchinson deal. I liked Gary's final comment da best.
    ===============================================

    Jack (Seattle WA): What do you think will happen with the Seahawks and Steve Hutchinson?

    Gary Horton: I think it was an excellent move by Minnesota. He is the most dominating guard in the NFL in my opinion. He can bring a lot of help to an OL that needed upgrading. I think it would be very difficult for Seattle to match. Hutchinson and Walter Jones are the best left side of an OL in the last 10-15 years. There will be tremendous pressure on the front office to try and NOT let that duo break up. I think ti is 50-50 on whether Seattle matches it or not.

    I think Minnesota has done a tremendous job out of the gate at identifying exactly who they want and going after them.
    ===============================================
    Dat says a lot to me.
    i believe seattle would have to gurantee the entire $49 mil
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  8. #88
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Reason we aren't attracting FA's like last year...

    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    "OldManVike" wrote:
    How many here are football expoits dat could successfully run a franchise, much less choose which talent da Vikes really need, hah?

    We also gots to pay da players we draft, y'know? What are we gonna pay dem wit', mardi gras beads?

    We got Childress, let him do da coachin' and da pickin' out of da talent available. We can always argues and point fingers durin' or after da 2006 season is over, y'know? Let's give 'em a chance foist, y'know?
    Well from what came out of the owners meeting, 19 owners can't run their franchise successfully.

    As for me I have run many successful Madden franchises.
    So there ya have it.
    I could!



    not

    i ran the packers franchise into the ground one season, relocated them somewhere and built them a tiny stadium that probably didn't hold 30,000 ppl and renamed them the fudgepackers.

    anyway back to subject, i agree we should let the guys who are paid to make these decisions do their jobs. they know a hell of a lot more about who and what they want in the offseason than we do
    Oh but that would not be fun.
    Plus it allows us to learn from our ideas vs the owners.
    No real harm.
    Just picture all of us at a bar throwing back cold ones and rapping about the vikes.
    Minus the beer, that is what we are doing.
    Who said you couldn't drink beer while posting here? Is it a law? I post while under the full effects of psychotic episodes, so how do you know that people aren't using their laptop, sitting at a bar, and throwing down a few cold ones as they post here? :lol:


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. what about FA's
    By Alharrissuks91 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 03:38 AM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 03:12 PM
  3. The Reason Why The Vikings Win the SB This Year
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
  4. What FA's Now Stay
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 02:07 PM
  5. Grade the New guys!!(rooks and FA's)
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 03:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •