Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Realistically, what is Smoot worth in a trade?

"aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL

Vikings | Smoot not likely to return to team next season
    Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:12:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reporting for The Sporting News, reports it seems increasingly unlikely that Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot will return to the team next season. Smoot and Vikings' head coach Brad Childress have not spoken this offseason, which appears to be a sign that Smoot is not in the team's plans for the future.

LMAO! I love how Brad simply mentions in his press conference that he has not spoken to Smoot this offseason & the reporter automatically runs with it, twists it & states "It appears to be a sign that Smoot is not in the team's plans for the future".

If that were the case, for all the other players who Childress hasn't spoken with, does that mean they also aren't in the team's plans for the future? Obviously not.

Give me a break. Talk about reaching for news.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

laujesse is offline Starter

I keep seeing that his trade value is low because of his cap number. We will be the ones with the cap hit next year.

In terms of cap room he is very desirable for a trade suiter.

WE ATE A $ BONUS. Actually Red McCombs ate a huge bonus.

He may have a high cap number for us, but he has a VERY LOW low cap number for a new team.

I believe we will trade him if we are staying with the Cover 2 as you saw all year he is not built for it. I dont want to guess what pick we will get, but it will be alot higher than most posting on this thread believe.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL

Vikings | Smoot not likely to return to team next season
    Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:12:18 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reporting for The Sporting News, reports it seems increasingly unlikely that Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot will return to the team next season. Smoot and Vikings' head coach Brad Childress have not spoken this offseason, which appears to be a sign that Smoot is not in the team's plans for the future.

LMAO! I love how Brad simply mentions in his press conference that he has not spoken to Smoot this offseason & the reporter automatically runs with it, twists it & states "It appears to be a sign that Smoot is not in the team's plans for the future".

If that were the case, for all the other players who Childress hasn't spoken with, does that mean they also aren't in the team's plans for the future? Obviously not.

Give me a break. Talk about reaching for news.

lol yes that is pretty funny..my favorite was the big deal that was made over darren sharper..its the last game of the year, and its totally meaningless..brad childress decides to give greg blue a little playing time, and all of a sudden darren sharper is leaving..sportswriters only get paid to stir the pot
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456