Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Realistically, what is Smoot worth in a trade?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    my trade to arizona would be the equal to the moss deal..fitzgerald in exchange for the #7 pick, Fred Smoot, and a 7th rounder..throw in udeze to sweeten the deal..we get a franchise receiver in exchange for a great pick packaged with 2 of our garbage players
    Udeze is a garbage player? I find that hard to justify.
    He was part of a line that was the #1 rush defense in the league.
    His sacks disappeared, but he was also playing out of position the entire season.
    He will be right back up there in 07 with James back.

What is your criteria for garbage anyway?
    when you play 16 games next to pat and kevin, you dont have to face a single double team, and you STILL cant collect a single sack

if hes the missing piece in any deal for a player that can actually produce something, then throw him in..edwards, james can fill his void easily..not to mention the fact that we can just sign somebody better anyways to replace him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"olson_10" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    my trade to arizona would be the equal to the moss deal..fitzgerald in exchange for the #7 pick, Fred Smoot, and a 7th rounder..throw in udeze to sweeten the deal..we get a franchise receiver in exchange for a great pick packaged with 2 of our garbage players
    His sacks disappeared, but he was also playing out of position the entire season.

when you play 16 games next to pat and kevin, you dont have to face a single double team, and you STILL cant collect a single sack

if hes the missing piece in any deal for a player that can actually produce something, then throw him in..edwards, james can fill his void easily..not to mention the fact that we can just sign somebody better anyways to replace him
    Udeze couldn't get pressure, but he was a big part of our run stopping defense.
    What I don't get is that you say Udeze is garbage but Edwards apparently is much better.
    If you look at all their stats, not just sacks, you see that Edwards didn't contribute anything more than his 3 sacks for the year.
    Year Team G
    Total Tkl Ast Sacks
    Udeze

2006 Minnesota Vikings

16 29 19.0 10 0
    Edwards 2006 Minnesota Vikings 15 10 7.0 3 3

If Udeze is garbage, then Edwards is too.
    Luckily, neither one of them are, and we are going to be fine at DE in 07 as long as we don't do something counter productive... like trade Udeze in a Hershal Walker-ish trade.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:

Udeze couldn't get pressure, but he was a big part of our run stopping defense.
    What I don't get is that you say Udeze is garbage but Edwards apparently is much better.
    If you look at all their stats, not just sacks, you see that Edwards didn't contribute anything more than his 3 sacks for the year.
    Year Team G
    Total Tkl Ast Sacks
    Udeze

2006 Minnesota Vikings

16 29 19.0 10 0
    Edwards 2006 Minnesota Vikings 15 10 7.0 3 3

Luckily, neither one of them are, and we are going to be fine at DE in 07 as long as we don't do something counter productive... like trade Udeze in a Hershal Walker-ish trade.
    say phoenix calls and says "fred smoot, 1st pick, and kenechi udeze for larry fitzgerald and a mid round pick"..ur gonna say no to that in favor of a guy that cant beat any OT in the league one on one, with serious knee and shoulder problems?

how u gonna say edwards was garbage? he played a ton less plays that udeze, and actually did his job at DE by collecting SOME sacks..not to mention the numerous batted passes we saw from edwards this year

its time to realize that right now, kenechi udeze is looking like a bust..hes just a run stuffer, and hes no better than darrion scott
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"PurpleMafia" wrote:
    I think Frazier can turn him around (as he has a fine reputation with defensive backs such as Brian Dawkins, Deltha O'neal, and Bob Sanders). Lets not give up on him just yet!
    thats not the problem tho..griffin is the starter opposite of winfield..smoot came out and said he didnt wanna play here if hes gonna have to do so as a backup..basically we dotn have a choice cuz he will demand his way out anyways

lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach

[/table]

[/quote]

how u gonna say edwards was garbage? he played a ton less plays that udeze, and actually did his job at DE by collecting SOME sacks..not to mention the numerous batted passes we saw from edwards this year
    [/quote]

I don't think he was saying he was garbage, just that it's good to have depth.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

haha just a little of the Chill man's dry humor during Leslie Frazier's press conference... love how he comments on the #1 chatter box in the NFL whom has not backed it up, finally being able to talk after he broke his big mouth in a car wreck!
    And if Freeney somehow did come with Leslie I would crap my pants!!!
    ;D

Q: Have you talked to Fred Smoot at all and can you shed any light on that situation?
    A: Since he can talk now. I have not talked to Fred recently, no.

Q: Is it any way a bonus that Leslie coached a team that had one of the best pass rushers in the game in Dwight Freeney and he is a free agent?
    A: Not unless he can write the check for him to get here in free agency. Was it a bonus? I don't know. Les, is he coming with you?

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

What is to be expected in a trade for Smoot?

Hmmm....Well I heard you could probably work out a good deal for Anna Nicole Smith right about now.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:

Hmmm....Well I heard you could probably work out a good deal for Anna Nicole Smith right about now.

I bet you would like that.
    ;D
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:

I bet you would like that.
    ;D
    Well she'd probably cover more space than him if it wasn't for that damned trim spa!!!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Realistically, what is Smoot worth in a trade?

...a box of condoms and a stripper

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast