Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Realistic Draft Pick and Free Agents/Needs

what i think we need based on what i see as a fan:

a running back who can run up the middle and outside, one who don't get hurt all the time.

a right tackle, one who can play good and not get penalties all the time.

re-sign koren robinson and nate burleson and trade taylor.

re-sign fontuii that guy is awesome next to mckinnie it was fun watching those 2 play next to eachother.

a safety for chavous's spot, one who can tackle, cover, and hit hard with fresh legs.

keep newman or get an upgrade, get a better middle linebacker, draft a linebacker or two.

maybe some better guys for special teams, i don't think we can rely on ronall smith.

we just need a few positions obviously and i can't wait til free agency starts because a lot of players will want to be vikings, and don't be suprised if we find some upgrades for other positions that look pretty good too. i.e. defensive end, might be nice to get a good one for a year or two who can play both sides. also i'd work moesly on every position on the line and teach teach teach him a lot rather than have him sit on the bench.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

This may not sit well with many but,

I say we all kick back, take a deep breath, and let Childress show us his magic..

I have alot of trust in this guy, and know he will do whats best for the team..

I'm just going to enjoy the ride this offseason, I've always got caught up in what I think we do and don't need....
    But for once, I'm going to leave that up to the coaches..

Besides, I'm to dam busy with my buisness, and planing on my next MN Visit.......I think I'll start by coming to see the twins play and this time, take the wife and son with me..

Also, want to see for the first time, some of our pre-season training camp..

And if all works out great, opening game at the Dome..

Ye HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

I agree with Ned. I am going to let Childress choose the players and give the team its new image. I have no Idea what way he is going to go. I think our team is pretty solid just needs maybe a few players to add to the depth.

modena11 is offline Rookie

we really need to sure up the o-line, i believe it should be our biggest priority. i think we need to try and sign the best OG out there. QB protection and run blocking is the biggest key to running an offence and we need to return to having a dominant line.

i like our LB's, but we need that game changing, big play LB that we have been missing.

RB is also another question mark heading into the offseason. whether we go RB in the draft or sign a free agent we have to make it count.

besides those big three, we should just continue to add depth like the last couple of years.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I"ll say this and only this,,,,

Just as Coach has mentioned, the game starts and finishes at the line on both sides..

I'll only give one word of advice and no more..

DUMP THAT BUM ROSENTHAL,,,,,and find us a dam good Right Tackle......Thats my only wish at this time...

Sorry, just had to break my silence...hhahahahahahahahaha

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

trade rosenthal, get a better free agent for about 2 years, draft a o tackle in the first round, get a line backer, safety, and draft a linebacker, cornerback, another linebacker, a defensive end maybe, and a guard.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ajefx is offline Rookie

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Here goes:

Draft
    Round 1: Lendale White
    Round 2: Greg Blue/ D'Qwell Jackson (if we dont sign either ayodele or archuleta)
    Round 3: O-Line
    Round 4: CB/ OL/ LB
    I would flip out if we drafted D'Qwell

http://image64.webshots.com/164/4/13...1JYpkic_ph.jpg

I'm the 'R' (covering myself with a hat for some reason)
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

NastyNate81 is offline Waterboy

I think we need to sure up the o-line by getting fonoti signed and get his fat a$$ to lose some weight if lendale falls to us at 17 thats cool get him but id like michale huff and our second priority should be getting a RT Via the draft or free agency then maybe a stud linebacker

aceclown is offline Coach

"tbone0217" wrote:
    Trade C-Pep, he's a 260 lb QB who relies on his mobility to be effective, his knee blew up, his mobility is gone. If we could get a first round pick from AZ or Miami I'd take it in a heart beat, I would even be content with a 2nd round pick. Start Johnson at QB next year. If LenDale White is available at #17, take him, if not take the best player on the board. We need to shore up the o-line in the 1st or 2nd round or through FA, we will have to make protecting Brad and opening holes for White or MeMo to run through a priority. I certainly wouldn't hold my breath that Onterrio is going to contribute next year.
    According to viking.scout.com, Culpepper has already dropped about 10 pounds, and will drop 10 more, which will put him at about 240. Im not sure how much of a difference it will make, but I bet he will be just as mobile as he once was.

Chuch.

SamDawg84 Guest

wow he still is big lol. he is about x2 bigger than me lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast