Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

Real Football says Vikes might trade pick

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/03/could_minnesota_trade_out_of_n.html

With the NFL draft still 52 days away, there is growing speculation that the Minnesota Vikings could move out of the No. 7 overall pick.

The consensus is that the Vikings would take wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. if they stay at No. 7. However, there are options to trade up or down in the draft. If they choose to move up, the Cleveland Browns could be a suitable partner at third overall.

Cleveland is apparently interested in finding its quarterback of the future, and Notre Dame's Brady Quinn is on the team's radar. Quinn's workout Sunday left a lasting impression on Browns head coach Romeo Crennel.

"The fact he could make all his throws, both right and left, he's a polished quarterback. He's smart. When you watch him on tape you can see he knows where to go with the ball. He will, at times, throw it away when he has to, so we think he's a good, young prospect," said Crennel.

Vikings head coach Brad Childress was also impressed with the young signal caller's performance.

"Really, he made more throws here than you'd think about making at the combine. I think he threw about 60 balls here today and it takes a little bit of endurance to be able to do that and he did it pretty rapid-fire succession," commented Childress.

Crennel didn't mind that Quinn chose not to run the 40-yard dash.

"He's a quarterback, he doesn't have to run a 40. He showed he has good feet on the movement drills that he did because he did some rollouts, he did some play-actions. You can see his feet move. And hopefully he doesn't have to run a 40, and if he's running a 40, they'll be chasing him."

With Quinn expected to be available at the seventh pick, it leaves both teams with a decision to make. Minnesota could draft its quarterback of the future if it has doubts about last year's second-round pick, Tarvaris Jackson. The Vikings could take the best available wide receiver, likely to be Ginn Jr. Or, they could trade down and look at wideouts Dwayne Jarrett of USC and Sidney Rice of South Carolina as first-round possibilities to bolster arguably the league's worst receiving corps.

Then there is even the possibility of trying to entice the Browns to drop down to No. 7, where they could get Quinn, allowing Minnesota to move up to No. 3 and draft Georgia Tech standout receiver Calvin Johnson.

For Minnesota, the next 50-plus days will provide plenty of options to explore with its first-round pick. What will the brain trust decide to do? Nobody's sure yet, but Calvin Johnson might look great in purple.

-Eric Krupka is a senior writer for RealFootball365.com. He can be reached at [email protected]

Get more Vikings news and insights at RealFootball365.com.
    PS IF ALREADY POSTED I COULDNT FIND IT!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Real Football says Vikes might trade pick

This is gonna get alot of CJ love goin in here. lol Listen you all know its true, everybody and thier brother wants him.

I want him in purple JUST as much as the next guy.However we'll have to break the bank to get him, and i'm still unsure if Chilly will do that.I personally think its a good idea.But I wont be shocked when it dosnt happen.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Nothing that hasn't been discussed already on the boards.
    All we know is we have a bunch of days left to make stuff up and speculate.
    Should be fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr." wrote:
    This is gonna get alot of CJ love goin in here. lol Listen you all know its true, everybody and thier brother wants him.

I want him in purple JUST as much as the next guy.However we'll have to break the bank to get him, and i'm still unsure if Chilly will do that.I personally think its a good idea.But I wont be shocked when it dosnt happen.

This guy must have been lurking here.

He wrote exactly what I've been saying for the past 2 weeks.........

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:

This guy must have been lurking here.

He wrote exactly what I've been saying for the past 2 weeks.........
    That actually happens a lot.
    It's not uncommon to have an article come out a day or two after the topic has been discussed to death on the boards.
    It wouldn't surprise me for a second if some of these hacks stop by various boards to get their topics, in fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Trade up to get Quinn if nothing else!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Should be fun.

What are you talking about?
    I"m the only one around here who's been saying this for the past few weeks now.......And I keep saying it....I haven't seen anyone agree with my thought yet either.....

I also posted, I believe the Vikings and Browns have already discussed a trade.

Funny how they both went to the Quinn Pro Day, and both where interviewed about Quinn and asked for their thoughts Browns Coach
    and Vikings Coach.

Also, I believe the Browns have already approaced Quinn in private, about playing for them..
    I could almost read it in his eyes at the combine interview, when he couldn't help but crack a huge smile while talking about how he would enjoy being able to go to and play for the Browns...

Plus, the way we haven't gone after any of the top WR's in FA.....It's all coming together now....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ChosenOne is offline Starter

Brady Quinn or Calvin Johnson is a win win to me. But Ted Ginn should not be a consideration
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Should be fun.

What are you talking about?
    I"m the only one around here who's been saying this for the past few weeks now.......And I keep saying it....I haven't seen anyone agree with my thought yet either.....

I also posted, I believe the Vikings and Browns have already discussed a trade.

Funny how they both went to the Quinn Pro Day, and both where interviewed about Quinn and asked for their thoughts Browns Coach
    and Vikings Coach.

Also, I believe the Browns have already approaced Quinn in private, about playing for them..

I could almost read it in his eyes at the combine interview, when he couldn't help but crack a huge smile while talking about how he would enjoy being able to go to and play for the Browns...

Plus, the way we haven't gone after any of the top WR's in FA.....It's all coming together now....
    That was out a while ago in a blog or an article that I posted.
    i could find it if I cared enough.
    I remember reading your stuff too.
    I typically don't get too worked up about the draft speculations until after the FA period is calmed down that the trading has piped down.
    Right now there are just too many unknowns that change daily.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

It certainly is interesting.
    I always thought Peterson to Cleveland was a lock but I don't see that now.
    A trade really is possible now unless they want CJ.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast