ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikings next "D" Coordinator as reported on Total Access.

"ltrey33" wrote:
    That would definately be awesome. I think this D would be perfectly suited for the Tampa 2, especially with a guy like Sharper back there as one of the two deep guys. The only thing we need is a little better linebackers to pull it off, which I hope we get this offseason!
    I don't think that our corners are suited for cover 2. Our corners play better in man to man coverage, not zone. Not to mention cover two is a waste of our corners talents, but it isn't like they couldn't play it. I also don't beleive we have to speed or awareness at LB to pull it off. I like the defense though, you just need the right personnel.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Yeah TA is usually pretty accurate, i think childress has a plan farther then just his ex-employees in phili, i think he's looking for the best. This DB coach sounds like a smart guy, very motivating, if he's got the football knowledge he could become the next big deal and Defensive Cordinator.

Hopefully some luck roles our way for once and we can get a killer DC.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    That would definately be awesome. I think this D would be perfectly suited for the Tampa 2, especially with a guy like Sharper back there as one of the two deep guys. The only thing we need is a little better linebackers to pull it off, which I hope we get this offseason!
    I don't think that our corners are suited for cover 2. Our corners play better in man to man coverage, not zone. Not to mention cover two is a waste of our corners talents, but it isn't like they couldn't play it. I also don't beleive we have to speed or awareness at LB to pull it off. I like the defense though, you just need the right personnel.
    I disagree our D played great using the cover two, our defense was flocking. Then we tried to play man coverage and blitz in the Ravens game and we got smoked.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I disagree our D played great using the cover two, our defense was flocking. Then we tried to play man coverage and blitz in the Ravens game and we got smoked.
    Thatis mostly because we had Gallishaw cover Mason and our safeties were providing little help. I hink the cover 2 isa good defense, don't get me wrong, I just think Smoot and Winfield are better suited for man on man.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

what happened to the rest of this thread...it like disapeered...??? Sounds like a mission for scooby.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater