Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: RB Kevin Smith from Central Florida

i'm not saying he wasn't a good football player, i'm saying he was stupid and ended up being kicked out of the NFL.
    Because of that, we lost our player, meaning a pick gone down the drain.
    Now i really don't expect that to be the case here, I'm just bringing up random stuff that may or may not have anything to do with what we're talking about.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    His stats look good http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173482

If he falls in the 3rd and we still have both of our picks i will say go for it. Sure we dont need another rb but if he is great maybe we can trade chester. He do look good and I dont know why he is dropping.
    What do you mean we don't need a RB?

If memory servers we are loosing Memo to FA this year.
    That equates to an open roster spot that would allow for the thought process of the staff drafting a young guy who can play on special teams, act as the 2nd back if either CT or AD go down and quite possibly step up and fill CT's shoes in a year or two if his contract isn't renewed.

Again, people need to realize that just because we have a good starter in front of guys like Memo, it doesn't mean that the position doesn't need to be addressed when they leave.

Truth of the matter is, if the previous regime wouldn't have ignored the QB position after we got Daunte we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in now with a young QB learning on the field instead of on the sidelines.

Good starters are important, but the depth behind them is almost as important.
    Im not saying we dont need a RB, im saying its not a something we will be going crazy over. We got backups better than some teams starters so its not a need but we will have to sign one for a third string. Im saying we dont need one early in the draft, but talent like that we can use him. I was thinking round 6 or 7 but I will take him anytime.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    His stats look good http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173482

If he falls in the 3rd and we still have both of our picks i will say go for it. Sure we dont need another rb but if he is great maybe we can trade chester. He do look good and I dont know why he is dropping.

That equates to an open roster spot that would allow for the thought process of the staff drafting a young guy who can play on special teams, act as the 2nd back if either CT or AD go down and quite possibly step up and fill CT's shoes in a year or two if his contract isn't renewed.

Again, people need to realize that just because we have a good starter in front of guys like Memo, it doesn't mean that the position doesn't need to be addressed when they leave.

Truth of the matter is, if the previous regime wouldn't have ignored the QB position after we got Daunte we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in now with a young QB learning on the field instead of on the sidelines.

Im not saying we dont need a RB, im saying its not a something we will be going crazy over. We got backups better than some teams starters so its not a need but we will have to sign one for a third string. Im saying we dont need one early in the draft, but talent like that we can use him. I was thinking round 6 or 7 but I will take him anytime.
    lol
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I don't know. Kevin smith never really struck me as much of a football player. Also, in the footage I've seen of him, he seems to hang around with some strange people.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"olson_10" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

lol
    In Particular. Of course we are going to need a RB sometime, think we are going into the season with 2? Im saying RB is not a need for the team, we just need someone for depth

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

IMO I would rather wait to draft a RB in the later rounds because its not one of are bigger needs and when dontarrious thomas is probably gone, and you could get vilma for a third round pick i would rather go that route because he could
    challenge for a starting spot, or just be the back up like thomas was....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12