Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laujesse is offline Starter

RB Kevin Smith from Central Florida

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this guy?
    His name disappears more from major media than Ron Paul's.

He looks like a truely elite player on the footage I see and had damn near Adrian Peterson type numbers at the combine and he still goes in the 3rd to 4th in every mock and is rated as a mid level bum on most draft sights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUuzBgVT98 (not all highlight plays all carries good and bad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFS-ApvyVa8&feature=related (nice interview)
    Tom Powers < Hetero

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: RB Kevin Smith from Central Florida

"laujesse" wrote:
    Can someone tell me what is wrong with this guy?
    His name disappears more from major media than Ron Paul's.

He looks like a truely elite player on the footage I see and had damn near Adrian Peterson type numbers at the combine and he still goes in the 3rd to 4th in every mock and is rated as a mid level bum on most draft sights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUuzBgVT98 (not all highlight plays all carries good and bad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFS-ApvyVa8&feature=related (nice interview)

That's because 99% of the footage you see of a college or pro football player is always going to show the highlights of his career & rarely ever the lowlights.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

laujesse is offline Starter

As I mentioned it is the whole games carries that I linked not just the big runs there is even a fumble.
    There are TONS of vids on this guy not all of it flattering but nothing that keeps him out of the top half of the first round discussions even if he wiffed on every single pass block all season.
    I mostly liked the carries where he got -3 to 4 yards those are the ones that sold me.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

duvaldomo is offline Coach

His stats look good http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173482

If he falls in the 3rd and we still have both of our picks i will say go for it. Sure we dont need another rb but if he is great maybe we can trade chester. He do look good and I dont know why he is dropping.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"duvaldomo" wrote:
    His stats look good http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173482

If he falls in the 3rd and we still have both of our picks i will say go for it. Sure we dont need another rb but if he is great maybe we can trade chester. He do look good and I dont know why he is dropping.
    What do you mean we don't need a RB?

If memory servers we are loosing Memo to FA this year.
    That equates to an open roster spot that would allow for the thought process of the staff drafting a young guy who can play on special teams, act as the 2nd back if either CT or AD go down and quite possibly step up and fill CT's shoes in a year or two if his contract isn't renewed.

Again, people need to realize that just because we have a good starter in front of guys like Memo, it doesn't mean that the position doesn't need to be addressed when they leave.

Truth of the matter is, if the previous regime wouldn't have ignored the QB position after we got Daunte we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in now with a young QB learning on the field instead of on the sidelines.

Good starters are important, but the depth behind them is almost as important.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

That equates to an open roster spot that would allow for the thought process of the staff drafting a young guy who can play on special teams, act as the 2nd back if either CT or AD go down and quite possibly step up and fill CT's shoes in a year or two if his contract isn't renewed.

Again, people need to realize that just because we have a good starter in front of guys like Memo, it doesn't mean that the position doesn't need to be addressed when they leave.

Truth of the matter is, if the previous regime wouldn't have ignored the QB position after we got Daunte we probably wouldn't be in the mess we are in now with a young QB learning on the field instead of on the sidelines.

Agreed :-X.
    Chester has shown that he will get hurt every year and AD may go down. We need a capble RB.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "duvaldomo" wrote:

Agreed :-X.
    Chester has shown that he will get hurt every year and AD may go down. We need a capble RB.
    And because we have a roster spot open for a RB because Memo is leaving.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

This is a good draft for RBs IMO.
    I would not mind using one of our 3rd rounders on one if there is great value like with a Smith.
    I think we will grab one in the fourth of fifth rounds this year ala Onterrio Smith.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Remember how our last "value" picks who was a runningback with a last name of smith turned out?? not good.

If this guy's good, i'm sure the FO will take a look at him and make their decision.
    RB isn't one of our most pressing concerns, but it is one we will need to address either this year or next year.
    AD can't play every play, and we don't know whether CT will be around after his contract expires.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Remember how our last "value" picks who was a runningback with a last name of smith turned out?? not good.

If this guy's good, i'm sure the FO will take a look at him and make their decision.
    RB isn't one of our most pressing concerns, but it is one we will need to address either this year or next year.
    AD can't play every play, and we don't know whether CT will be around after his contract expires.
    OS was a good running back. His weed smoking had nothing to do with him being a value pick.
    I wouldn't take this guy as we can find a late round running back like jamar charles for cheap.
    There are alot of talented RBs in the draft...Or we can always sign micheal turner or duckett.
    Infacct Tj will be a great pick up for us. Dirt cheap but a solid big back( which we lack)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast