Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

RB Johnson could provide more competition behind A

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:RB Johnson could provide more competition behind A

Yahoo Stats - James Johnson

Not much there but what is, is very interesting.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to feel that the Vikings are getting a little crowded at halfback. Signing another Johnson, switching Reynaud to runningback... the front office is clearly looking to improve the depth at the halfback position with youth.

I want to point out that do not believe that halfback is a position the Vikings need or should address in the upcoming draft. Of course, I wouldn't mind drafting a great running back who falls in our lap, but think about it for a second! We have Adrian Peterson for Gods' sake!!! Peterson is the best workhorse back in the league, plus we have a talented group of youngsters to provide solid depth. I can't really think of a team with a better halfback situation.

I'm starting to feel that some of the fans are getting a little too demanding with this whole "depth-behind-Peterson"-issue, which I doesn't really find much of an issue at all.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

RB is the easiest position to fill in football. I'm really not too worried there.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

HEY wrote:
    I'm starting to feel that the Vikings are getting a little crowded at halfback. Signing another Johnson, switching Reynaud to runningback... the front office is clearly looking to improve the depth at the halfback position with youth.

I want to point out that do not believe that halfback is a position the Vikings need or should address in the upcoming draft. Of course, I wouldn't mind drafting a great running back who falls in our lap, but think about it for a second! We have Adrian Peterson for Gods' sake!!! Peterson is the best workhorse back in the league, plus we have a talented group of youngsters to provide solid depth. I can't really think of a team with a better halfback situation.

I'm starting to feel that some of the fans are getting a little too demanding with this whole "depth-behind-Peterson"-issue, which I doesn't really find much of an issue at all.
    Me either, but if C.J. Spiller fell to us I would hope we take him.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    HEY wrote:

Me either, but if C.J. Spiller fell to us I would hope we take him.
    I wouldn't, for the same reason I don't think the Rams will take Bradford......Injuries. I do like that he fought through the foot thing and didn't miss any games in his collegiate career, just not sure he will stand up to the pounding he will get at the next level.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

ThorSPL wrote:
    RB is the easiest position to fill in football. I'm really not too worried there.
    +1

There are a few that rise from the run-of-the-mill pile, but many are servicable. If AD doesn't get his fumbling problem resolved I hope he walks the plank.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Prophet wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    +1

There are a few that rise from the run-of-the-mill pile, but many are servicable. If AD doesn't get his fumbling problem resolved I hope he walks the plank.
    Just wondering, why you think RB is the easiest position to fill? I always thought that RB is one of those positions that you need to address in the draft and fairly early.

While you always notice the RBs that were UFAs or drafted late because of the prominance as a RB (Feature position), I would list RB as one of the harder positions to fill with a goodplayer if you don't go after a 1st half draft pick or Top FA. IMHO
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    +1

There are a few that rise from the run-of-the-mill pile, but many are serviceable. If AD doesn't get his fumbling problem resolved I hope he walks the plank.
    Just wondering, why you think RB is the easiest position to fill? I always thought that RB is one of those positions that you need to address in the draft and fairly early.

While you always notice the RBs that were UFAs or drafted late because of the prominence as a RB (Feature position), I would list RB as one of the harder positions to fill with a goodplayer if you don't go after a 1st half draft pick or Top FA. IMHO
    That was partially pulled from my ass and partially based on history. There aren't many Marshall Faulks, Walter Peytons, Barry Sanders, etc. type RBs, but, there are plenty that are serviceable. I just put that position lower on the totem pole because if you have a good o-line and a QB that can read defenses and complete quick slants and an occasional deeper pass in the Vikings' current system then damn near any RB can get some yards. Need one that can pick up the blitzes and catch passes too. I just have seen many so-called no-names rise from the ashes when they are put on a good team. The average life-span for an RB ain't very long in the NFL and every team needs a couple serviceable RBs in today's game. That's my train of thought, unless I'm thinking about something else.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    +1

While you always notice the RBs that were UFAs or drafted late because of the prominance as a RB (Feature position), I would list RB as one of the harder positions to fill with a goodplayer if you don't go after a 1st half draft pick or Top FA. IMHO
    I think the feeling that you can just wait and pluck one later in the draft is something new for most and it basically comes from what staffs have been doing the last 2 or 3 years.

I broke it down in another thread and won't do it here, but suffice it to say, most of the RB's taken now are taken in the last 3 or 4 rounds instead of the first.

This in large part, I think, is because of the emphasis staffs are putting on OL and DLmen in the first couple of rounds instead of your traditional "Skilled" players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast