Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Re: Rate the vikings first Day of Free Agency

"ragz" wrote:
    ive said this in other threads, i dont think they expect him to be the answer, they expect him to compliment sidney rice who is more of an all around threat.
    he's gonna get paid as a number one wr but i think he is gonna be expected to do what he did in chicago, and like vikingstw said, i'd take 70 catches considering we haven't sniffed 70 since moss.

and williams we signed for 6 years at 33 million when g.wilson went for 36 million and can anyone honestly say one is really better than the other.
    plus i think williams is younger, probably not by much but even so.
    so basically, so far so good
    One Williams and Wilson.. they were both overpaid.. doesn't make it right on either team, but I am not bashing.. he is a good player but as far as salary he was an impulse buy on day one.. I hope he plays to his contract level.

On Berrian, I completely agree that he is a complimentary player, so with that said, let him cool off a little and make a run at him at a more reasonable term.. I just can't see overpaying a player just because he is better than what you have but being overpaid for what he is actually worth.. if you are going to overpay why not Stallworth instead, he has plenty of speed and proven to have been hands than Berrian or Williamson.. Just an outsiders opinion.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    ive said this in other threads, i dont think they expect him to be the answer, they expect him to compliment sidney rice who is more of an all around threat.
    he's gonna get paid as a number one wr but i think he is gonna be expected to do what he did in chicago, and like vikingstw said, i'd take 70 catches considering we haven't sniffed 70 since moss.

and williams we signed for 6 years at 33 million when g.wilson went for 36 million and can anyone honestly say one is really better than the other.
    The only knock on stallworth is his injury bugs. Burners typically have bad Hammies...

One Williams and Wilson.. they were both overpaid.. doesn't make it right on either team, but I am not bashing.. he is a good player but as far as salary he was an impulse buy on day one.. I hope he plays to his contract level.

On Berrian, I completely agree that he is a complimentary player, so with that said, let him cool off a little and make a run at him at a more reasonable term.. I just can't see overpaying a player just because he is better than what you have but being overpaid for what he is actually worth.. if you are going to overpay why not Stallworth instead, he has plenty of speed and proven to have been hands than Berrian or Williamson.. Just an outsiders opinion.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Almost every player today (and for the rest of FA) will be overpaid, so it's hard to knock that fact regarding Madieu's contract.

I'm satisfied with everything we've done except I'd like to hear we at least made an honest offer to Moss if he is indeed testing the market.

He would single-handedly return this team to superbowl -level contention, much more than someone like Berrian.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

i really like the Tapeh signing.

1. we needed a FB that will be with us for years to come and play at a high level.
    2. he knows how to open holes for RB's
    3. he's a starter, not a project

luv'd TRich, but he's 36 and i doubt he could go for many years, we have RB heaven in both rb's and we needed
    some1 to come in and replace our great FB so that the players can build/develop together. i think this was a GREAT move!

williams is a good shot, not sure on the fit.

i can't say i know a lot about him, been reading up some and see that we're not really loosing a lot of our saftey combo. 2 good run stoppers (seal up any chance of teams running on us) and a good pass defender.
    i am betting we'll be more D minded in the draft to look for more gems to learn under our safties.

now, BB.. if we get him it will make a good 3-4 WR set that's a true all possible threat. why? cause there is no #1 take it on his shoulders receiver. they all have proven they can catch. and if we ar egetting 9 man boxes anyhting just past the lb's will be spread field.

i voted B, if BB signs i'll put it at an A, until our next signing.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

still depends on what is announced in the morning
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ragz is offline GM

"pack93z" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:

if you honestly think things are gonna cool off for berrian you are crazy.
    there are a reason why these were hot items right outta the box.
    it's not an impulse when you have over 2 months to prepare for the free agency period, single out 2 guys, and bring them in and sign them when the basic contractual boundries are basically known.
    you act as if these guys came in and swindled the vikes into contracts noone else was gonna pay them.

both berrian and williams are young guys just coming into their own, this is how the nfl works.
    if these guys ever see a pay day on the open market it's at this time.
    some develop into stars some end up cashing in and being what they were or worse.
    nobody seems to be overblowing these guys into randy moss and ronnie lott, but you're kinda coming off like we are buying turds.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

This is an A, they got in two guys, and have the top WR in town. Even if Smith went to the 9ers first he has agreed to come listen to what the Vikings has to say.

In fact if there is a let down it's on the backup QB position, but that's not worth subtraction from the final score.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    This is an A, they got in two guys, and have the top WR in town. Even if Smith went to the 9ers first he has agreed to come listen to what the Vikings has to say.

In fact if there is a let down it's on the backup QB position, but that's not worth subtraction from the final score.
    The Berrian signing is not final is it, still a B until we sign him
    anything could happen from now...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

The Berrian signing is not final is it, still a B until we sign him
    anything could happen from now...
    No it's not even close to final. But they got him here, and made their first pitch.

I'm content enough with it as a day 1 to give an A

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Articnv is offline Coach

they sign him cause of Williams now we have the Williams trio instead of duo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast