Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rate our draft by grade

"marstc09" wrote:
    http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/ABN4147073.htm

Analysis: The Vikings gave up their first-round pick and two third-rounders in
    the Jared Allen deal, making strong safety candidate Tyrell Johnson their only
    selection of the first three rounds. Johnson is good, but Minnesota might have
    been better-served by taking an available wideout like Malcolm Kelly, DeSean
    Jackson, or Limas Sweed. As it happened, slight-of-build project Jaymar
    Johnson was the only pass-catcher selected. The most intriguing pick of the
    second day is Booty, who had some trouble with injuries and decision-making in
    college, but is good enough to compete at quarterback for Minnesota. Guion and
    Sullivan are career backups, at best.

Bottom Line: Still no one on this team to take the pressure off Adrian
    Peterson offensively, and this does not figure to go down as a high-impact
    draft for the Vikes.

Grade: C
    First time I heard someone say that Booty has bad decision making. I fail to see how this guy thinks we should of taken a WR. If anything I would of went with TE or OL. So this guys C is very low compared to others.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Minnesota Vikings: Are you counting DE Jared Allen, the big-league pass rusher who came from the Chiefs for draft choices? You are? Then I love their draft. But only if they help him beat the drinking problem. One DUI and it's a bad mistake. Two and it's a problem. QB John David Booty (fifth round) from USC is an interesting choice since the position is far from locked up.
    Im so sick of people saying we made a bad trade because of Allen's DUIs... I really believe he quit the drinking, and I'm not saying this because he's a Viking now, I believed he quit the drinking while he was still a chief - before trade talks emerged...

All of the fans of other teams as well laughing at us because we traded for an alcoholic, IMO, are just worried that we're going to have one of the most dominant defenses in the league, that our pass defense will no longer be crap...I can't wait for Allen to go out there and kick some jiggly butt to shut all of these people up...

...Just like Koren Robinson? Go ahead, compare him to Koren...Two totally different people, I don't give a crap about any history of alcoholics screwing us, or any other team over...I'll say this too, I also think Koren has cleaned himself of the drinking...

When the season is all over next year, we'll just see who is laughing about the Allen trade...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/dr_z/04/28/draft.roundup/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Minnesota Vikings: Are you counting DE Jared Allen, the big-league pass rusher who came from the Chiefs for draft choices? You are? Then I love their draft. But only if they help him beat the drinking problem. One DUI and it's a bad mistake. Two and it's a problem. QB John David Booty (fifth round) from USC is an interesting choice since the position is far from locked up.
    Im so sick of people saying we made a bad trade because of Allen's DUIs... I really believe he quit the drinking, and I'm not saying this because he's a Viking now, I believed he quit the drinking while he was still a chief - before trade talks emerged...

Alll of the fans of other teams as well laughing at us because we traded for an alcoholic, IMO, are just worried that we're going to have one of the most dominant defenses in the league, that our pass defense will no longer be crap...I can't wait for Allen to go out there and kick some ass to shut all of these people up...

...Just like Koren Robinson? Go ahead, compare him to Koren...Two totally different people, I don't give a crap about any history of alcoholics screwing us, or any other team over...I'll say this too, I also think Koren has cleaned himself of the drinking...

When the season is all over next year, we'll just see who is laughing about the Allen trade...
    Every case is different. Some "get it" the first go around, many times it takes two or three tries. Sometimes they never do. If he has a plan & sticks to it, he'll be just fine. If he has a problem with drinking, there are many good places in the Cities where he can get the help he needs. If he ever thinks he can drink only one & get away with it, he's toast.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Alll of the fans of other teams as well laughing at us because we traded for an alcoholic, IMO, are just worried that we're going to have one of the most dominant defenses in the league, that our pass defense will no longer be crap...I can't wait for Allen to go out there and kick some ass to shut all of these people up...

Nice post and I agree 100%. After meeting him at the draft party, it seems that he has turned his life around. They will all be silenced soon.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"PackOne" wrote:
    Considering you guys drafted Booty, I give you an A for Allen and good thing you got rid of the picks. It could have been much worse.

PackOne

Real good draft picks can be seen on video here.
    I checked out your link, but I still didn't seen anything that impressed me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567