Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: Ranking the QB's in this Draft..

That was more of where I was going (deep w/ talent, not NEEDING to move up) with my comment.... You could seriously land the 6th best QB in the class and end up with a solid starter for years.....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"MindFreak" wrote:
    I'd drop 1 down to 3 and move 2 and 3 up a spot.
    Personally Brohm may be a good QB, but i really think it's all the system they ran at Louisville that made him a big college name
    Matt Ryan is the only one, and this is strictly my opinion, that is NFL ready and will be a success in 2 years. He has the accuracy, can put touch on the ball, and is just fantastic at the 10-15 yard out passes that seem to give so many QB's trouble.
    Yes i have manlove for Ryan and i'm not ashamed to admit it.
    I tend to agree with the exception of the manlove deal.Thankfully, I'm to old to understand how that works !

Mayock seems to like Henne a lot more than I do. And Keller from Nebraska would not be a choice I would make in any round.
    Flacco is very intriguing as a project with potential.He would look a lot better in purple than Holcumb. But I think he will be drafted too high for our consideration.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Keller from Nebraska.. just not sold on that kid at all.. something around the washout from Arizona to his decision making and mechanics.. It would have to be late round and a run on the QB position before I would spend a pick on him.. combine and pre-draft workouts might add value... just something about the kid makes me keep him off the board.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"pack93z" wrote:
    Keller from Nebraska.. just not sold on that kid at all.. something around the washout from Arizona to his decision making and mechanics.. It would have to be late round and a run on the QB position before I would spend a pick on him.. combine and pre-draft workouts might add value... just something about the kid makes me keep him off the board.
    My bad. Meant Keller.Guess I've been in Nebraska too long!
    Yeah I don't see NFL potential.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"C" wrote:
    1.) Dennis Dixon... that's all that matters.

Matty Ice is overrated. He won't do much in the NFL, mark this thread if you don't believe me.
    You have Dixon as the best even with a blown knee adding to the fact that he is a run first type smaller QB? I like the kid's makeup and leadership.. curious vote.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I kind of like Dennis Dixon because I think he has the potential to someday be the guy, but might fall to round 4 or even 5 with his blown knee.
    Sounds like the project/depth kind of value we need, so we can concentrate on DE, WR, and perhaps S in the first three rounds.

Here's why I like him:
    Three years over 60% completions, only one year with more INTs than TDs, and the ratio his senior year was great!
    20 TDs only 4 INTs and 67.7% completions, as well as rushing for 583 yards and 9 touchdowns!!
    In only 9 games!
    IMHO, That shows good decision making!!
    And, according to my list, he is (by far) the fastest QB in this draft (assuming his knee can be properly repaired).
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Doucet isn't the fastest or the biggest receiver in the nation, but he is the most polished, he runs great routes, very quick in and out of his breaks and he will catch anything thrown his way and has no problem catching the ball in traffic.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/early_doucet.htm

The Vikes should package TWill and their second rounder and move up to the mid to late first round and get him.
    Hines Ward Part II.

The Vikes own first rounder should be used on a pure pass rushing demon (like DE Calais Campbell (JR), Miami) or a shut down CB (CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida, CB Antoine Cason, Arizona, CB Malcolm Jenkins (Jr), Ohio State)...or maybe this guy (OT Sam Baker, USC).
    All are rated in the middle to lower first round in terms of projected spots that they will go.
    Doucet is rated just after those five players.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"pack93z" wrote:
    I know the combine and Senior Bowl has yet to be played, but if I had to rank the QB's in this draft today.. this is my list.. thoughts or cut and paste off your spreadsheet.

I think Josh Johnson might continue to climb this board with some of the pre-draft stuff.

Rank Name School
    1. Brian Brohm Louisville
    2. Matt Ryan Boston College
    3. Andre Woodson Kentucky
    4. Josh Johnson San Diego (Raw but has more talent than any of the QB's in this draft)
    5. Colt Brennan Hawaii
    6. Chad Henne Michigan
    7. Dennis Dixon Oregon (Knee Injury)
    8. Joe Flacco Delaware
    John David Booty Southern Califonia
    Erik Ainge Tennessee
    11. Matt Flynn Louisiana State
    12. Anthony Morelli Penn State
    Not bad pack93z. I do think you have Joe Flacco way to low though. I think he has the best arm in the draft and he kinda reminds me of a less mobile Ben Roethlisberger.

Here is my list:

1.)Matt Ryan
    2.)Brian Brohm
    3.)Andre Woodson
    4.)Joe Flacco
    5.)Josh Johnson
    6.)Erik Ainge
    7.)Dennis Dixon
    8.)Chad Henne
    9.)Colt Brennan
    10.)John David Booty

Here is the link to my draft thread where I rank 20 QB's and have scouting reports on 10 of them..

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41469.0

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Doucet isn't the fastest or the biggest receiver in the nation, but he is the most polished, he runs great routes, very quick in and out of his breaks and he will catch anything thrown his way and has no problem catching the ball in traffic.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/early_doucet.htm

The Vikes should package TWill and their second rounder and move up to the mid to late first round and get him.
    Hines Ward Part II.

The Vikes own first rounder should be used on a pure pass rushing demon (like DE Calais Campbell (JR), Miami) or a shut down CB (CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida, CB Antoine Cason, Arizona, CB Malcolm Jenkins (Jr), Ohio State)...or maybe this guy (OT Sam Baker, USC).
    All are rated in the middle to lower first round in terms of projected spots that they will go.
    Doucet is rated just after those five players.
    Homer! If you want Bobby Wade part II Doucet is your man. This guy is nothing more than a slot receiver in the NFL.

By the way, Malcolm Jenkins is coming back to school for his senior year.

"DaVizzles" wrote:
    Not bad pack93z. I do think you have Joe Flacco way to low though. I think he has the best arm in the draft and he kinda reminds me of a less mobile Ben Roethlisberger.

Here is my list:

1.)Matt Ryan
    2.)Brian Brohm
    3.)Andre Woodson
    4.)Joe Flacco
    5.)Josh Johnson
    6.)Erik Ainge
    7.)Dennis Dixon
    8.)Chad Henne
    9.)Colt Brennan
    10.)John David Booty

Here is the link to my draft thread where I rank 20 QB's and have scouting reports on 10 of them..

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=41469.0
    Good thread you have there.. just thought a breakout of the positions might be a tad easier.. but nice job.

On Flacco, I too think he lacks the mobility at the position, to be honest, he is the one guy I haven't seen much off. Maybe if I study him a little more I might change my tune. Thanks for the tip.. I will check him out. It will be interesting to see how the QB's and RB in this draft fall... two very deep talent pools.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast