Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs


    I thought that was a great article. The thing I'm waiting for, is how are these needs, DE, WR, S, QB, RT going to be addressed? How will the number one priority change as we pick up a key FA, or make a trade. How will the FA's affect our draft? It a long offseason, so pondering these things is fun.

  2. #12
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    Very nice article.
    I actually agree with most of it.

    One question for you "Cook to Center" guys, have you forgot out Dan Moses?
    Why does everyone automatically think a 6'6" Center would be good for TJ seeing his recievers?

    I have the need in the following order.

    1. Saftey.
    How can anyone think that this isn't the biggest need. The staff carries 5 on the roster and it appears that if the season started today, we would have 2 of the 5 in camp.


    Not only do they have to address this position with a high draft pick but some CAP $$$ as well.
    Lets hope they don't waste that $$$ on Doss or Tank.

    Think about it.
    If they sign a Hamlin and draft a guy at 17, that gets them back to 4 Safties out of 5.
    Still appears to be a whole there.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA and the Draft.

    2.
    WR.
    We do have some youth and a few nice pieces to the passing puzzle but if you want to have a productive Offense in this league you have to have balance.
    Adding a Vet WR here would give you that balance.


    This position needs to be fixed via FA.
    Drop T-will for the roster spot.

    3. DE.
    I know this is a need as well, but we do have some youth here that might finally step up this year so I wouldn't put it up as high as the other two.
    If they decide to finally spend some of thier CAP windfall they must do it here as well and then possibly burn another later round pick as needed.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA. Drops Erasmus for the roster spot.

    4. FB.
    I can't stress it enough that a FB is needed in this version of the WCO that the Staff wants to run.
    A good bruiser that can take some of the punishment off the smaller RB's, help out with pass blocking and catch a few balls is really key here.
    T-rich might not be back (I bet he gets a 1 year contract) and I just can't seem to equate Dugan to a FB.


    There are some options, maybe they slip Mills in as thier future FB, who knows.
    The position still needs to be addressed.

    This position can be fixed via the draft.
    5. DT.
    I know, I know, K-will and Phat Pat are great.
    Niether are getting any younger, especially Pat.
    Evans is an interesting rotation guy who could eventaully take Pats spot but Spence is a bit small to be a run stuffer/3 gap kindof guy.


    This position can be fixed by drafting a good DT early.
    Let the kid rotate and learn behind the best.

    Draft to add depth at QB, LB, and WR with later round pics (i.e. 5, 6, and 7).


    Drop KH, BB off the roster.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #13
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    I agree with a lot of what you wrote Marrdro, though i don't think it's time to throw James off the boat yet... I still don't believe his surgery was successful and I believe this was a giant waste of a year for him; but that's just me.

    I don't know if dropping both of our backup QBs is a wise idea yet, but they are nothing to cry about if we don't.

    T-Will can go; nobody will give us anything for him though...

    Will write more later


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  4. #14
    MetalMike-LoudVike's Avatar
    MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    1) QB I like Jackson making good progress, Bollinger must Go.
    2) Tight End Like Shanicoe, but face Kleinsasser is getting old.
    3) Safety who knows whats gonna happen with Smith or Sharper
    4) DT Big Kev and Phat Pat-getting old, I wish we had this guy earlier in his career.
    5) a real outside Playmaking Receiver Rice is Nice but we need hands, and downfield speed.
    6)OL for depth
    7) FB for depth
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    I agree with a lot of what you wrote Marrdro, though i don't think it's time to throw James off the boat yet... I still don't believe his surgery was successful and I believe this was a giant waste of a year for him; but that's just me.

    I don't know if dropping both of our backup QBs is a wise idea yet, but they are nothing to cry about if we don't.

    T-Will can go; nobody will give us anything for him though...

    Will write more later
    Thanks my friend.

    I actually wouldn't mind keeping James if I knew he was gonna stay healthy.
    Typical Viking luck would be to let him go and he would then turn into what we were looking for.
    ;D

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice article.
    I actually agree with most of it.

    One question for you "Cook to Center" guys, have you forgot out Dan Moses?
    Why does everyone automatically think a 6'6" Center would be good for TJ seeing his recievers?

    I have the need in the following order.

    1. Saftey.
    How can anyone think that this isn't the biggest need. The staff carries 5 on the roster and it appears that if the season started today, we would have 2 of the 5 in camp.


    Not only do they have to address this position with a high draft pick but some CAP $$$ as well.
    Lets hope they don't waste that $$$ on Doss or Tank.

    Think about it.
    If they sign a Hamlin and draft a guy at 17, that gets them back to 4 Safties out of 5.
    Still appears to be a whole there.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA and the Draft.

    2.
    WR.
    We do have some youth and a few nice pieces to the passing puzzle but if you want to have a productive Offense in this league you have to have balance.
    Adding a Vet WR here would give you that balance.


    This position needs to be fixed via FA.
    Drop T-will for the roster spot.

    3. DE.
    I know this is a need as well, but we do have some youth here that might finally step up this year so I wouldn't put it up as high as the other two.
    If they decide to finally spend some of thier CAP windfall they must do it here as well and then possibly burn another later round pick as needed.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA. Drops Erasmus for the roster spot.

    4. FB.
    I can't stress it enough that a FB is needed in this version of the WCO that the Staff wants to run.
    A good bruiser that can take some of the punishment off the smaller RB's, help out with pass blocking and catch a few balls is really key here.
    T-rich might not be back (I bet he gets a 1 year contract) and I just can't seem to equate Dugan to a FB.


    There are some options, maybe they slip Mills in as thier future FB, who knows.
    The position still needs to be addressed.

    This position can be fixed via the draft.
    5. DT.
    I know, I know, K-will and Phat Pat are great.
    Niether are getting any younger, especially Pat.
    Evans is an interesting rotation guy who could eventaully take Pats spot but Spence is a bit small to be a run stuffer/3 gap kindof guy.


    This position can be fixed by drafting a good DT early.
    Let the kid rotate and learn behind the best.

    Draft to add depth at QB, LB, and WR with later round pics (i.e. 5, 6, and 7).


    Drop KH, BB off the roster.

    Marr i think your looking at it the wrong/right way...

    When looking at what we have on the current roster.. yes, safety would look like out biggest need but it's not our weakest position... the pass D is bad bc of pressure on the QB...


    picking up hamlin would allow us not to have to draft a safety soo high... that would be dumb to sign hamlin and draft a safety at #17..

    #1 Need is DE...

    #2 is WR/TE wr more so.. but drafting a TE in the first who could stretch the field a-la Fred Davis would help out the passing game alot...

    #3 is Safety... this is a need only bc we have a lot of guys that are FA's.. and you keep excluding D.Smith bc of his legal woes.. but I don't think they'll suspend/cut him.. they're gonna re-sign Tank and probably draft a safety in the 1st or 2nd... if we sign Hamlin, I don't see us taking a safety until the 3rd or 4th... Hamlin and Sharper (suspended Dwight for 4 games) would be a solid rotation...








  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice article.
    I actually agree with most of it.

    One question for you "Cook to Center" guys, have you forgot out Dan Moses?
    Why does everyone automatically think a 6'6" Center would be good for TJ seeing his recievers?

    I have the need in the following order.

    1. Saftey.
    How can anyone think that this isn't the biggest need. The staff carries 5 on the roster and it appears that if the season started today, we would have 2 of the 5 in camp.


    Not only do they have to address this position with a high draft pick but some CAP $$$ as well.
    Lets hope they don't waste that $$$ on Doss or Tank.

    Think about it.
    If they sign a Hamlin and draft a guy at 17, that gets them back to 4 Safties out of 5.
    Still appears to be a whole there.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA and the Draft.

    2.
    WR.
    We do have some youth and a few nice pieces to the passing puzzle but if you want to have a productive Offense in this league you have to have balance.
    Adding a Vet WR here would give you that balance.


    This position needs to be fixed via FA.
    Drop T-will for the roster spot.

    3. DE.
    I know this is a need as well, but we do have some youth here that might finally step up this year so I wouldn't put it up as high as the other two.
    If they decide to finally spend some of thier CAP windfall they must do it here as well and then possibly burn another later round pick as needed.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA. Drops Erasmus for the roster spot.

    4. FB.
    I can't stress it enough that a FB is needed in this version of the WCO that the Staff wants to run.
    A good bruiser that can take some of the punishment off the smaller RB's, help out with pass blocking and catch a few balls is really key here.
    T-rich might not be back (I bet he gets a 1 year contract) and I just can't seem to equate Dugan to a FB.


    There are some options, maybe they slip Mills in as thier future FB, who knows.
    The position still needs to be addressed.

    This position can be fixed via the draft.
    5. DT.
    I know, I know, K-will and Phat Pat are great.
    Niether are getting any younger, especially Pat.
    Evans is an interesting rotation guy who could eventaully take Pats spot but Spence is a bit small to be a run stuffer/3 gap kindof guy.


    This position can be fixed by drafting a good DT early.
    Let the kid rotate and learn behind the best.

    Draft to add depth at QB, LB, and WR with later round pics (i.e. 5, 6, and 7).


    Drop KH, BB off the roster.

    Marr i think your looking at it the wrong/right way...

    When looking at what we have on the current roster.. yes, safety would look like out biggest need but it's not our weakest position... the pass D is bad bc of pressure on the QB...


    picking up hamlin would allow us not to have to draft a safety soo high... that would be dumb to sign hamlin and draft a safety at #17..

    #1 Need is DE...

    #2 is WR/TE wr more so.. but drafting a TE in the first who could stretch the field a-la Fred Davis would help out the passing game alot...

    #3 is Safety... this is a need only bc we have a lot of guys that are FA's.. and you keep excluding D.Smith bc of his legal woes.. but I don't think they'll suspend/cut him.. they're gonna re-sign Tank and probably draft a safety in the 1st or 2nd... if we sign Hamlin, I don't see us taking a safety until the 3rd or 4th... Hamlin and Sharper (suspended Dwight for 4 games) would be a solid rotation...
    I guess we will continue to disagree here.

    So you want them to use precious CAP Dollars to resign Tank or Doss?
    I don't.
    As to Smith, he is gonna miss games. Bank on it. That is why I am excluding him.
    With that said, even if you sign Hamlin you will still need another S that can provide instant impact (until Smith comes back if he does).
    Getting a guy lower than the first round probably isn't gonna get you that impact.

    Our passing problems aren't related to our TE's. Our pass problems are associated with a young QB not getting through his reads in a timely progression and/or a OL that needed TE help to pass protect. Drafting another raw TE won't fix that problem.

    Very few WR's come in and give you that outside threat that is gonna make teams want to commit a S and a CB to one guy.
    He can be the best WR in this draft and he still won't get that much respect.
    Fix that position with FA.
    We already have enough youth/future to develop.

    Dame thing with DE.
    We have alot of young potential on this roster that isn't getting double digit sacks.
    Drafting another guy isn't gonna fix that either.
    Get a guy in FA and continue to develop your youth behind him.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice article.
    I actually agree with most of it.

    One question for you "Cook to Center" guys, have you forgot out Dan Moses?
    Why does everyone automatically think a 6'6" Center would be good for TJ seeing his recievers?

    I have the need in the following order.

    1. Saftey.
    How can anyone think that this isn't the biggest need. The staff carries 5 on the roster and it appears that if the season started today, we would have 2 of the 5 in camp.


    Not only do they have to address this position with a high draft pick but some CAP $$$ as well.
    Lets hope they don't waste that $$$ on Doss or Tank.

    Think about it.
    If they sign a Hamlin and draft a guy at 17, that gets them back to 4 Safties out of 5.
    Still appears to be a whole there.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA and the Draft.

    2.
    WR.
    We do have some youth and a few nice pieces to the passing puzzle but if you want to have a productive Offense in this league you have to have balance.
    Adding a Vet WR here would give you that balance.


    This position needs to be fixed via FA.
    Drop T-will for the roster spot.

    3. DE.
    I know this is a need as well, but we do have some youth here that might finally step up this year so I wouldn't put it up as high as the other two.
    If they decide to finally spend some of thier CAP windfall they must do it here as well and then possibly burn another later round pick as needed.

    This position needs to be fixed via FA. Drops Erasmus for the roster spot.

    4. FB.
    I can't stress it enough that a FB is needed in this version of the WCO that the Staff wants to run.
    A good bruiser that can take some of the punishment off the smaller RB's, help out with pass blocking and catch a few balls is really key here.
    T-rich might not be back (I bet he gets a 1 year contract) and I just can't seem to equate Dugan to a FB.


    There are some options, maybe they slip Mills in as thier future FB, who knows.
    The position still needs to be addressed.

    This position can be fixed via the draft.
    5. DT.
    I know, I know, K-will and Phat Pat are great.
    Niether are getting any younger, especially Pat.
    Evans is an interesting rotation guy who could eventaully take Pats spot but Spence is a bit small to be a run stuffer/3 gap kindof guy.


    This position can be fixed by drafting a good DT early.
    Let the kid rotate and learn behind the best.

    Draft to add depth at QB, LB, and WR with later round pics (i.e. 5, 6, and 7).


    Drop KH, BB off the roster.

    Marr i think your looking at it the wrong/right way...

    When looking at what we have on the current roster.. yes, safety would look like out biggest need but it's not our weakest position... the pass D is bad bc of pressure on the QB...


    picking up hamlin would allow us not to have to draft a safety soo high... that would be dumb to sign hamlin and draft a safety at #17..

    #1 Need is DE...

    #2 is WR/TE wr more so.. but drafting a TE in the first who could stretch the field a-la Fred Davis would help out the passing game alot...

    #3 is Safety... this is a need only bc we have a lot of guys that are FA's.. and you keep excluding D.Smith bc of his legal woes.. but I don't think they'll suspend/cut him.. they're gonna re-sign Tank and probably draft a safety in the 1st or 2nd... if we sign Hamlin, I don't see us taking a safety until the 3rd or 4th... Hamlin and Sharper (suspended Dwight for 4 games) would be a solid rotation...
    I guess we will continue to disagree here.

    So you want them to use precious CAP Dollars to resign Tank or Doss?
    I don't.
    As to Smith, he is gonna miss games. Bank on it. That is why I am excluding him.
    With that said, even if you sign Hamlin you will still need another S that can provide instant impact (until Smith comes back if he does).
    Getting a guy lower than the first round probably isn't gonna get you that impact.

    Our passing problems aren't related to our TE's. Our pass problems are associated with a young QB not getting through his reads in a timely progression and/or a OL that needed TE help to pass protect. Drafting another raw TE won't fix that problem.

    Very few WR's come in and give you that outside threat that is gonna make teams want to commit a S and a CB to one guy.
    He can be the best WR in this draft and he still won't get that much respect.
    Fix that position with FA.
    We already have enough youth/future to develop.

    Dame thing with DE.
    We have alot of young potential on this roster that isn't getting double digit sacks.
    Drafting another guy isn't gonna fix that either.
    Get a guy in FA and continue to develop your youth behind him.

    I guess so... bc, i think we can sign Tank back.. he can be a serviceable back up until/if/when smith comes back... and then draft a Safety.. perhaps with a first rounder..

    but if we sign hamlin, who is another starting caliber safety.. i then don't think we need to go safety with our first pick..bc we'd have more pressing needs and essentially 4 starting caliber safety's on our team... that's an unnecessary log jam at a position that is not one of our weaknesses..

    and to your other point... i think we need atleast 2 more receivers.. one FA and a draft pick.. depending on who get, say hackett, then we can get one in the 3rd (2nd pick) or 4th rd... but if it's another wade then we'll need one with the 1st / 2nd pick..

    I only say tight end bc, a tight-ends adjustment to the NFL is easier than is for say a WR... alot of first year tight ends make an impact before a receiver does... that's why drafting say a davis would serve us better, 1. bc we don't really have a good one..(assuming what yu see is what u get from shank) and 2. he may be able to start immediately and provide a viable option for TJ in the passing game..

    also, if we were to pick up hackett, if we drafted davis, our offense would be sick...

    imagine TJ Rice / Davis / Hackett / Fergie in the slot... Ap in the backfield... w

    WHO WANTS SOME!!!!

    and just to be thorough.. TE's that did well in their first years...

    Shockey
    Bubba Franks
    Gonzalez
    gates
    Heath Miller
    Winslow would have been had he not gotten hurt
    Crumpler
    Randy McMicheal
    Dallas Clark
    Jason Witten
    Ben watson - hurt rookie year

    remember, a TE's stats aren't gonna be what a receivers are.. however, they can provide a substantial outlet and open up a lot of the passing game.. if you get a good one...

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I guess so... bc, i think we can sign Tank back.. he can be a serviceable back up until/if/when smith comes back... and then draft a Safety.. perhaps with a first rounder..

    but if we sign hamlin, who is another starting caliber safety.. i then don't think we need to go safety with our first pick..bc we'd have more pressing needs and essentially 4 starting caliber safety's on our team... that's an unnecessary log jam at a position that is not one of our weaknesses..

    and to your other point... i think we need atleast 2 more receivers.. one FA and a draft pick.. depending on who get, say hackett, then we can get one in the 3rd (2nd pick) or 4th rd... but if it's another wade then we'll need one with the 1st / 2nd pick..

    I only say tight end bc, a tight-ends adjustment to the NFL is easier than is for say a WR... alot of first year tight ends make an impact before a receiver does... that's why drafting say a davis would serve us better, 1. bc we don't really have a good one..(assuming what yu see is what u get from shank) and 2. he may be able to start immediately and provide a viable option for TJ in the passing game..

    also, if we were to pick up hackett, if we drafted davis, our offense would be sick...

    imagine TJ Rice / Davis / Hackett / Fergie in the slot... Ap in the backfield... w

    WHO WANTS SOME!!!!

    and just to be thorough.. TE's that did well in their first years...

    Shockey
    Bubba Franks
    Gonzalez
    gates
    Heath Miller
    Winslow would have been had he not gotten hurt
    Crumpler
    Randy McMicheal
    Dallas Clark
    Jason Witten
    Ben watson - hurt rookie year

    remember, a TE's stats aren't gonna be what a receivers are.. however, they can provide a substantial outlet and open up a lot of the passing game.. if you get a good one...
    Man I love football talk.
    Even though you are wrong.
    ;D (lots of smileys) ;D

    So your are saying that you want them to spend FA money on Tank and I am saying I don't think they will.
    You are also making your S decisions based on the fact that you think they won't cut Smith.
    Not sure who is correct here but I am sure that he will at least miss some games, probably at least 4.

    Depends on what stance you take whether you consider that a log jam.
    I call it a void and thus the reason I think it is the most pressing need.

    WR thoughts.
    Ok, we get a VET and then we draft another rookie who do you drop off the roster cause you are now carrying 1 more WR than this staff wants plus your adding a TE later in your post.

    My solution is you go out and get a VET and develop the youth you have on the team.
    Why draft more youth unless you aren't happy with Rice, Allison.

    Again, you can't just keep adding guys to the roster without deleted/dropping someone.
    If you do that then you wind up loosing talent (Tyeler Thigpen/Chandler Williams) when you try to hide them on the practice squad.
    ;D

    Your WR set is four wide.
    I take it your a pass happy sort of guy.
    ;D

    I would rather stick with a 3 WR set with 1 TE and a RB and have the following WR lineup:

    a.
    Rice (Wideout)
    b.
    VET (Wideout)
    c.
    B-wade (Slot)
    d.
    Shank (Of course I can tell you don't like him cause you want to draft another guy)
    e.
    CT/AD

    As with the WR, who you gonna drop to add the TE you drafted?

    a.
    Can't do Shank.
    Just signed a contract.
    b.
    Can't lose Sauce, he is to important to the run and very versatile if you asked me.
    c.
    Dugan could go but I think he will anyways to make room for Mills.
    d.
    Can't get rid of Mills cause he is the youth you are looking to draft for.

    Long story short, it is easy to say draft this guy, draft that guy, add this guy etc but you also have to consider who leaves.

    I for one like all of our guys with the following exceptions:

    a.
    Erasmus James. Huge potential but he is just that.
    Potential.
    Drop him like a sack of wet potatoes and get another Vet who can stay healthy.
    b.
    T-will.
    Makes room for the Vet WR.

    I also think these guys won't be back.

    a.
    Smith.
    Here is the hard one.
    He is gone at least 4 games.
    We did sign Evans who had problems.
    b.
    Doss, oft injured.
    No production.
    Use draft pick for replacement
    c.
    Williams, oft injured.
    No production. Use CAP to replace him
    d.
    T-rich, but I am hoping they sign him for at least a one year contract.

    Again, great stuff my friend.
    I just look at it a bit different than you.
    Truth be told we will probably both be wrong and Spielman and Company will do something none of us expected.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    purple punk 56's Avatar
    purple punk 56 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    43

    Re: Ranking Purple Positional Needs

    [

    WR thoughts.
    Ok, we get a VET and then we draft another rookie who do you drop off the roster cause you are now carrying 1 more WR than this staff wants plus your adding a TE later in your post.

    My solution is you go out and get a VET and develop the youth you have on the team.
    Why draft more youth unless you aren't happy with Rice, Allison.

    Again, you can't just keep adding guys to the roster without deleted/dropping someone.

    If you do that then you wind up loosing talent (Tyeler Thigpen/Chandler Williams) when you try to hide them on the practice squad.
    ;D

    Your WR set is four wide.
    I take it your a pass happy sort of guy.

    ;D

    I would rather stick with a 3 WR set with 1 TE and a RB and have the following WR lineup:

    a.
    Rice (Wideout)
    b.
    VET (Wideout)
    c.

    B-wade (Slot)
    d.
    Shank (Of course I can tell you don't like him cause you want to draft another guy)
    e.
    CT/AD

    As with the WR, who you gonna drop to add the TE you drafted?

    a.
    Can't do Shank.
    Just signed a contract.
    b.
    Can't lose Sauce, he is to important to the run and very versatile if you asked me.
    c.

    Dugan could go but I think he will anyways to make room for Mills.
    d.
    Can't get rid of Mills cause he is the youth you are looking to draft for.

    Long story short, it is easy to say draft this guy, draft that guy, add this guy etc but you also have to consider who leaves.

    I for one like all of our guys with the following exceptions:

    a.
    Erasmus James. Huge potential but he is just that.
    Potential.
    Drop him like a sack of wet potatoes and get another Vet who can stay healthy.
    b.
    T-will.
    Makes room for the Vet WR.

    I also think these guys won't be back.

    a.
    Smith.
    Here is the hard one.
    He is gone at least 4 games.
    We did sign Evans who had problems.
    b.
    Doss, oft injured.
    No production.
    Use draft pick for replacement
    c.
    Williams, oft injured.
    No production. Use CAP to replace him
    d.
    T-rich, but I am hoping they sign him for at least a one year contract.

    Again, great stuff my friend.
    I just look at it a bit different than you.

    Truth be told we will probably both be wrong and Spielman and Company will do something none of us expected.

    ;D
    [/quote]

    I'm there with all you just stated....Here's our teams new Coach.
    VIKES FAN FOR LIFE.
    .
    .
    .
    GREAT
    PURPLE PRIDE.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    WONDERFUL
    HATEING MY CHEDDAR HEAD FAN NEIGHBOR.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    PRICELESS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Positional Power Rankings: D-lines
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-31-2009, 05:42 PM
  2. Positional Analysis: Running backs
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 02:34 PM
  3. Pre-Draft Positional Analysis - WR
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
  4. Positional Analysis: Outside Linebacker
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2008, 11:12 PM
  5. positional breakdown by Viking update
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 11:56 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •