tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re:Raiders Interested in Rosenfels?

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Sage sucks. He's a 3rd stringer. End of story.
    Now thats a damn fine post as well.

Truth of the matter is, he is a third stringer behind TJ and is now so lame we can't even trade him to the likes of the Raiders..... B)
    I fail to see any truth in that matter :unsure:
    3rd String (Check)
    Behind TJ (Check)
    Raiders said no (Check).

Hmmmmm, been slow on the uptake a few times this week, but I think I'm tracking with that one. :P
    There is no 3rd string QB defined for the Vikings at this time. uncheck

We are in 2010, 2009 has past. No guarantee that TJ beats out Sage this year. Uncheck.

Were you in the room when the raiders said no and if they did why they said no..or is this just speculation that they said no because he is "so lame". Uncheck.

I know how you like to play scenarios out in your head, but that doesn't make them right.

IMO, there is not much separation between TJ and Sage. Trying to put significant separation between the two will be hard to defend.
    Good points. Gotta relent on them, however, how about this one...

We tried to trade Sage and not TJ. Seems to me that means the staff values TJ more.

If that is so, I think I get at least two of my checks back. :cheer:
    TJ is an RFA with a 3rd round tender tagged on him. If someone was interested in him enough to go after him, the Vikings may very well accept the 3rd round pick. How valuable does that make him?

Sage may or may not have been offered as a trade, however, it was a rumor with no details so hard to put an actual value on it.

If you want to read anything into all this, my take would be that they are both considered expendable under certain situations.

Sorry, no checks for you.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Truth of the matter is, he is a third stringer behind TJ and is now so lame we can't even trade him to the likes of the Raiders..... B)
    3rd String (Check)
    Behind TJ (Check)
    Raiders said no (Check).

Hmmmmm, been slow on the uptake a few times this week, but I think I'm tracking with that one. :P

We are in 2010, 2009 has past. No guarantee that TJ beats out Sage this year. Uncheck.

Were you in the room when the raiders said no and if they did why they said no..or is this just speculation that they said no because he is "so lame". Uncheck.

I know how you like to play scenarios out in your head, but that doesn't make them right.

IMO, there is not much separation between TJ and Sage. Trying to put significant separation between the two will be hard to defend.

We tried to trade Sage and not TJ. Seems to me that means the staff values TJ more.

TJ is an RFA with a 3rd round tender tagged on him. If someone was interested in him enough to go after him, the Vikings may very well accept the 3rd round pick. How valuable does that make him?

Sage may or may not have been offered as a trade, however, it was a rumor with no details so hard to put an actual value on it.

If you want to read anything into all this, my take would be that they are both considered expendable under certain situations.

TJ spent 2 years on the Bench at Arkansas and 3 years at Alabama ST, neither of those teams is known for turning out great QBs.

He was drafted as a known Project, and "Diamond in the rough." What we have witnessed so far is "Learning Under Fire" at its best. Know it looks like he gets two years of a very High Level Education by watching Favre execute the West Coast the way it should be done. I am not saying he will turn out to be Steve Young, but, with the development of Rice and addition of Harvin and one more year under Favre, I think Tarvaris will surprise the hell out of us.

A lot of people will say that Tarvaris should have shown us something already, but, when you think about where he started from I think you will agree that his progression is really not that bad.

I look forward to seeing what Tarvaris has learned after 1 more year backing up Favre and watching first hand how its done.

I also think Tarvaris would have signed his contract if he thought he was as crappy a Quarterback as most people make him out to be. By holding out he shows confidence that he is valuable asset to the organization as a QB2 and potential future starter.

TJ is still a relatively young quarterback.
    None

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

TJ didn't sign it cuz he has no reason too. Why not see if someone is willing to offer more, the Vikes tender offer is still on the table regardless. It doesn't mean anything.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Jackson has until the 15th of April to sign with any other team in the league, after that his only option is the Vikings or sitting out the 2010 season. The tender offer is only a one deal as well, I'm sure he would like a longer deal for more money but if their isn't another team out there to help boost his value he might have to sit out some mini camp or training camp time as some leverage as there isn't much else to bargin with. He could also take his tender deal and head out as an UFA after the CBA or lockout 2011.

He also has the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to fallback on as an option :laugh:

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

3rd String (Check)
    Behind TJ (Check)
    Raiders said no (Check).

Damn, Your way to crafty for me.

How about this then, they haven't really shown any interest in any Vet QB. Must mean they are happy with at least one of our backups.

Sage admitted he was being shopped but stated he wanted to remain a Viking.

Gotta give me one check for TJ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

bsmithberkley wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

3rd String (Check)
    Behind TJ (Check)
    Raiders said no (Check).

TJ spent 2 years on the Bench at Arkansas and 3 years at Alabama ST, neither of those teams is known for turning out great QBs.

He was drafted as a known Project, and "Diamond in the rough." What we have witnessed so far is "Learning Under Fire" at its best. Know it looks like he gets two years of a very High Level Education by watching Favre execute the West Coast the way it should be done. I am not saying he will turn out to be Steve Young, but, with the development of Rice and addition of Harvin and one more year under Favre, I think Tarvaris will surprise the hell out of us.

A lot of people will say that Tarvaris should have shown us something already, but, when you think about where he started from I think you will agree that his progression is really not that bad.

I look forward to seeing what Tarvaris has learned after 1 more year backing up Favre and watching first hand how its done.

I also think Tarvaris would have signed his contract if he thought he was as crappy a Quarterback as most people make him out to be. By holding out he shows confidence that he is valuable asset to the organization as a QB2 and potential future starter.

TJ is still a relatively young quarterback.
    That post just got you bumped up a couple of columns on the ole spreadsheet my friend.

Top shelf, top shelf indeed.

On a side note, he isn't gonna suprise me this year. I think we are gonna see something special.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456