Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Raiders Interested in Rosenfels?

Sage sucks. He's a 3rd stringer. End of story.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    b. Sage Stays.

On a side not, if the Raiders say no, does that mean that Sage is even worse than what they have? WOW. hmy:
    Then again the Raiders thinking they have better QBs than sage doesn't prove anything. With an owner like Al 'Zeimer' Davies running the show in Oakland then any decision made is open to question. :laugh:
    Good point. I keep forgetting that Ole Crazy Al used to be a good GM/Owner.
    with the emphasis on used to be ....
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    b. Sage Stays.

On a side not, if the Raiders say no, does that mean that Sage is even worse than what they have? WOW. hmy:
    Then again the Raiders thinking they have better QBs than sage doesn't prove anything. With an owner like Al 'Zeimer' Davies running the show in Oakland then any decision made is open to question. :laugh:
    I know most people hack on him, but it is sad when you look at what he used to mean to the league compared to what he is considered now.

Very sad indeed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D wrote:
    Now thats a damn fine post as well.

Truth of the matter is, he is a third stringer behind TJ and is now so lame we can't even trade him to the likes of the Raiders..... B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    b. Sage Stays.

I know most people hack on him, but it is sad when you look at what he used to mean to the league compared to what he is considered now.

Very sad indeed.
    It is and yes he did a lot in the league in the past but I think that was also due to the types of players around at the time. With them he could use the 'Raiders against the World' mantra and get results. Nowadays with FA and the the attitude of a lot of players then that type of motivation doesn't work. With the Raiders poor recent form then they are a younger team who know they can move elsewhere after their rookie contracts - whereas Raider teams of the past were made up of players on last chance street.
    Sign of the times my friend.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    AngloVike wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    b. Sage Stays.

Very sad indeed.
    It is and yes he did a lot in the league in the past but I think that was also due to the types of players around at the time. With them he could use the 'Raiders against the World' mantra and get results. Nowadays with FA and the the attitude of a lot of players then that type of motivation doesn't work. With the Raiders poor recent form then they are a younger team who know they can move elsewhere after their rookie contracts - whereas Raider teams of the past were made up of players on last chance street.
    Sign of the times my friend.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

Truth of the matter is, he is a third stringer behind TJ and is now so lame we can't even trade him to the likes of the Raiders..... B)
    What does it mean that the Raiders didn't even have any interest in TJ and he would cost half as much in a contract :huh:

Now did the Vikings close the door on letting Sage go or did the Raiders withdraw just wondering if some one has a link.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

What does it mean that the Raiders didn't even have any interest in TJ and he would cost half as much in a contract :huh:

Now did the Vikings close the door on letting Sage go or did the Raiders withdraw just wondering if some one has a link.
    A third round pick is very valuable to a rebuilding team like the Raiders, I'm not sure why everyone is saying a 3rd round is nothing. My guess is we were asking for a lot less than a 3rd or even 4th rounder for Sage, which is why I thought he was a stupid trade in the first place.

And if they're going for McNabb, I doubt TJ would be on their radar... they need to keep all the draft picks they can after giving away their 2nd rounder.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

C Mac D wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

A third round pick is very valuable to a rebuilding team like the Raiders, I'm not sure why everyone is saying a 3rd round is nothing. My guess is we were asking for a lot less than a 3rd or even 4th rounder for Sage, which is why I thought he was a stupid trade in the first place.

And if they're going for McNabb, I doubt TJ would be on their radar... they need to keep all the draft picks they can after giving away their 2nd rounder.
    So your basing it on a guess, my guess is the Vikings just said no without, having an answer from Favre. Then the interest was killed without any other details from anyone.

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:

How do you know the Raiders aren't interested in TJ? Maybe they have already touched base with TJ's agent and he gave them a price and they thought it was to high?

Truth of the matter is, I don't think anyone knows who has been looked at when it comes to the tenders.

As to Sage, I think the last link I provided in this thread had quotes from Sage on it. Basically he just said he isn't gonna get into all the rumors.

He is just here to work, get better, and hopes he stays a Viking.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast