Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Raiders | Fonoti agrees to terms

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I was reading an article earlier today where Fonoti said he only wanted a one-year deal because he wants to battle it out as a FA next year. That must mean he is dedicated to getting into shape and tearing up the field.
    Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Nobody wants to go into free agency after a year in which they played 3 (?) snaps. He would like a one-year deal, prove to everybody that he is really a solid player, and then get a monster deal.

That's why I figured we'd be able to get him back. We'd get a player really cheap, while he'd get a chance to prove himself in a place where he's at least somewhat comfortable.

Why Childress didn't resign him for $1 million is beyond me.

He could still weigh 400 lbs! He could be at McDonald's right now putting down 10 big macs, 6 frys, 2 large chocolate shakes for a snack!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I'm glad he's gone. He is only 23 or 24 and already proven (as someone mentioned), but he is too fat and unmotivated. Remember, he's supposed to be clearing holes for people, not clogging them.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    I'm glad he's gone. He is only 23 or 24 and already proven (as someone mentioned), but he is too fat and unmotivated. Remember, he's supposed to be clearing holes for people, not clogging them.
    He does have motivation - this is his chance to redeem himself this year, then enter free agency and get a moster deal. GM's have shown year after year that if someone has a career year and then goes into free agency, they will break the bank for them, for better or for worse. If he sucks, nobody will give him a decent shot, but he could become a millionaire with a good year.

As for the clearing holes comment, being big and strong is most often a good thing for O-linemen. Yea I guess technically, I wouldn't take up as much room in a hole, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make a really good choice as the starting guard. On the other hand, a guy as big and as strong as Fonoti can muscle his way through defenders to create holes for runners.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Tanner_QBRB8 is offline Pro-Bowler

I thought this offseason was going to be really great for the Vikes and so far with the exception of Hutchinson the Offseason has been a disapointment and most of the high profile player who we could seriously make a run for are gone We need a safety a linebacker another lineman and a QB of course

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"aceclown" wrote:
    That sucks, 1.4 mil total for a young proven guy with a lot of promise who said he likes the Vikes. Meanwhile we are out paying 5 mil a year to a LB who hasnt really shown anything, sweet offseason. If not for the Hutch signing this offseason would be a total disaster.
    he does like the vikings and his brother works at minnesota power, his brother is even bigger than he is. but yeah i wish we would have kept him i woulda paid him that much money just to be a good backup
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

If he needs a contract to be motivated, what happens when he gets his contract? Tell me this, when he got hurt last year in November, how in the hell is not in shape at that point in the season? His prior injury was a broken hand ffs.

Calmwind is offline Starter

Glad he is gone. Didnt show me anything. I knew something was up with him when the Chargers let him go so easy. Maybe him and Randy can reminisce about wearing the Purple Armor!!
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

"Calmwind" wrote:
    Glad he is gone. Didnt show me anything. I knew something was up with him when the Chargers let him go so easy. Maybe him and Randy can reminisce about wearing the Purple Armor!!
    I agree. For a guy w/ so much potential coming out of college he certainly hasn't panned out. I remember reading a ESPN The Mag article about him before he got drafted praising all his pancake blocks and how he was such a beast.

Oh well.

How do ya like them apples?!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

I would have liked to give him another chance at those terms but oh well I guess getting Hutch will have to do.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I was never high on him in the first place.

I like a little more athletism from an O Line.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast