Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Raiders | Fonoti agrees to terms

Sorry, this was Prophets post....got messed up. Here it is.

Raiders | Fonoti agrees to terms
    Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:21:57 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Oakland Raiders have agreed to a one-year, $1 million deal with free agent OL Toniu Fonoti (Vikings). Included in the deal is a signing bonus of around $400,000.

purplegang is offline Starter

Re: Raiders | Fonoti agrees to terms

i thought this guy was a decent player, I know he had weight issues, but he was a brick house. stick him on the line plug a hole

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I hate to see him go! I thought he could be something if he got serious about his weight issue and really tried to learn. He could still be a monster for Oakland.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

aceclown is offline Coach

That sucks, 1.4 mil total for a young proven guy with a lot of promise who said he likes the Vikes. Meanwhile we are out paying 5 mil a year to a LB who hasnt really shown anything, sweet offseason. If not for the Hutch signing this offseason would be a total disaster.

Chuch.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I am very disappointed that we couldn't resign him - especially at that price. Considering how little that actually is compared to most starting O-lineman, and considering what he could potentially do with us, I can't understand how the front office could let him walk for that kind of dough.

Fonoti would've been a great addition to our O-line and he wanted to play for the Vikings. Well, considering that Childress and company know a lot more about football than me, I sure hope they know what they're doing.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

I was reading an article earlier today where Fonoti said he only wanted a one-year deal because he wants to battle it out as a FA next year. That must mean he is dedicated to getting into shape and tearing up the field.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I have no idea why at that price the Vikings didn't resign this guy. He is huge, a veteran, and would no soubt help our O-Line. We may be doing some stuff in FA, but not all of it is good..

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

aceclown wrote:

You better stick to your word 2 years from now when Fonoti is earning pro-bowl honors.
    This is what I foresee happening with Fonoti: he signs a one year deal with the Raiders, gets motivated for a big contract and gets to a respectable playing weight, does well, gets a multi-year deal, then blows up to 400+lbs again.

He won't be a Pro Bowler in 2 years.
    I posted this in the other Fonoti thread earlier. I will refer to this in two years when he gets cut from the Raiders.

Del Rio Guest

Bye Bye Jabba.

Sorry Tice put you in too early last year and you sucked major ass and got hurt. It was Mike Tice though so you should have known better.

Good luck in the future, I wont loose sleep over the loss.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"Prophet" wrote:
    I was reading an article earlier today where Fonoti said he only wanted a one-year deal because he wants to battle it out as a FA next year. That must mean he is dedicated to getting into shape and tearing up the field.
    Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Nobody wants to go into free agency after a year in which they played 3 (?) snaps. He would like a one-year deal, prove to everybody that he is really a solid player, and then get a monster deal.

That's why I figured we'd be able to get him back. We'd get a player really cheap, while he'd get a chance to prove himself in a place where he's at least somewhat comfortable.

Why Childress didn't resign him for $1 million is beyond me.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast