Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

QUOTES FROM CAMP - Childress on camp opening

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressQuotes72607.html
    Childress: Let me welcome everybody back to Mankato. It's like I told the president last night, we're excited to be back here and avail ourselves of these facilities. It looks like the weather is going to try to rain on us, water those fields, and cool off for tomorrow.

Just as I start, I think I am going to have a little preemptive strike here. We are going to have competition for the quarterback spot. The second time around the block for everybody, it will be that much easier. Adrian Peterson's collarbone is fine; he's not here yet. We're still determining who will call the plays. I feel good about our wide receivers. Troy (Williamson) has put himself in a position to have a good year. I think that about covers it. I can't imagine you guys possibly having a question about anything else. That may be the shortest opening press conference ever.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QUOTES FROM CAMP - Childress on camp opening

Couple of my notes
    - He is still very much focused of the offensive side of the ball.
    - I was hoping for a bit more talk about progress and how we need to build on last season.
    - He is still amazing at dodging tough questions.
    - Hicks from RG to LT if McKinnie is out???? Herrara to RG??? To me he has not even considered Marcus Johnson as a guard. Either that or he has determined that Johnson is nowhere near starting material.

A typical Childress interview.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"V" wrote:

- Hicks from RG to LT if McKinnie is out???? Herrara to RG??? To me he has not even considered Marcus Johnson as a guard. Either that or he has determined that Johnson is nowhere near starting material.

That is odd. I was expecting to see Childress try working on Johnson some more this training camp.
    He was giving him plenty of looks at OTAs.

Maybe Tice was wrong about Marcus......nahhhhh that couldn't happen.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

He does mention, needing to come in the way he did, to set the tone...and, lay the foundation...

I just think with what you are charged with coming in and when you are changing a culture, you have to set your fence posts deep with things you believe in. It is always easier to back away a little bit, but in the situation that I came into I did it exactly the way that I felt like it needed to be done. Change is uncomfortable; I've said that before, for everybody involved. There is nothing comfortable about that, but change is change. It might be short-term discomfort. Hopefully we are building the foundation as we move ahead.
    Sounds like there will be lots of passing downs for offense, which means lots of pass defense practice too...anybody there last year?
    I'm betting the focus was more on the running game, which should be nearing second nature at this point...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Json is offline GM

I actually thought the press conference was good.
    Nothing new really but all in all it was decent.
    Seemed to me he was being some what of a funny guy a few times with a few of his comments.
    Sounds like he's much more comfortable these time around.
    I'm pumped!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

The "we are still determning who is doing the play calling" scares me.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

[size=14pt]QUOTES FROM CAMP - DAY 1[/size]
    http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_QuotesFromCamp72707.html
    Press interview with Childress after first morning of camp.
    Q: As you go back and look at film from practice, what are you looking for from Tarvaris Jackson and what are the tell-tale signs of progress?
    A: I think it's really the body of work more than anything. Guys are going to go up and down practice-wise. I like to talk about being flat line quarterbacks...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Q: You guys obviously picked him high last year. What are your expectations of him (Greenway)?
    A: I think the times that you have seen him out there, just by what I can tell, he makes plays and he puts his hands on balls. He does a great job with reading the quarterback's eyes. He has great range in terms of pass coverage. He can get to some things that you wouldn't think he could get to. And then if he does get beat, he has great recovery speed to run a play down for minimum gain. I haven't been able to watch him that much as a blitzer. That's something that we always look at linebackers. Some are better than others, but that will come as we go through camp here.

I like what he is saying about Greenway although I can do without the part is Bold
    :

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    Couple of my notes
    - He is still very much focused of the offensive side of the ball.
    - I was hoping for a bit more talk about progress and how we need to build on last season.
    - He is still amazing at dodging tough questions.

A typical Childress interview.
    I agree, lets shit can his ass.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    [size=14pt]QUOTES FROM CAMP - DAY 1[/size]
    http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_QuotesFromCamp72707.html
    Press interview with Childress after first morning of camp.
    Q: As you go back and look at film from practice, what are you looking for from Tarvaris Jackson and what are the tell-tale signs of progress?
    A: I think it's really the body of work more than anything. Guys are going to go up and down practice-wise. I like to talk about being flat line quarterbacks...
    The offense certainly flat-lined last year. I hope that is not what he was talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast