Thread: Question on FA

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Question on FA

OK, so it looks like FA will begin at Midnight on Sunday. Now, the rules are you can't talk to any player or his agent before that time (although some talk probably has been going on for weeks on the sly). So how soon can FA signings be expected to be announced. Are players and agents staying up all night doing "deals?"
    Can we expect to hear on Monday morning that the Vikings have signed this or that player?
    I read that the Vikings aren't gonna jump into the fray. They might sit back for awhile and let the market "settle in."
    So what do you people think? Are we gona know any more at say 10 a.m. tomorrow than we know right now at 6 p.m. Minneapolis time?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Question on FA

I think that maybe some players have already talked to some teams, but i dont think that many players will be signed, however alot of Offers will be given on the first day..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    OK, so it looks like FA will begin at Midnight on Sunday. Now, the rules are you can't talk to any player or his agent before that time (although some talk probably has been going on for weeks on the sly). So how soon can FA signings be expected to be announced. Are players and agents staying up all night doing "deals?"
    Can we expect to hear on Monday morning that the Vikings have signed this or that player?
    I read that the Vikings aren't gonna jump into the fray. They might sit back for awhile and let the market "settle in."
    So what do you people think? Are we gona know any more at say 10 a.m. tomorrow than we know right now at 6 p.m. Minneapolis time?
    Cojo,

Realisticaly, we could all wake up tomorrow mourning to see some people on a new team.....

I doubt it, but it could happen.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Ya know what I think is funny is that the great Al Davis has two hours to unload 26 million dollars in player salaries. They have to dump players big time. Kerry Collins will be the first to go. Time to gouge Al Davis for all he's worth. Hey, maybe we get Moss back! LOL Wouldn't that be a strange turn of events. We get Moss back and dump Culpepper! LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Don't laugh Cojo,

I could see them letting moss go...

I don't think he'd come back here though.......

I can see us going after Edge now.........I really hope we talk to him...

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

offers will go out , but now many big name guys will agree to those offers right away, they will wait and see what other guys at their position are signing for. Then again.... if the CBA doesn't get done...... players might be signing quickly to avoid being left out in the cold by a cash depleted market.

Thanks Lotza!

I mean what the heck, how many teams can afford to buy FA?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"damien927" wrote:
    offers will go out , but now many big name guys will agree to those offers right away, they will wait and see what other guys at their position are signing for. Then again.... if the CBA doesn't get done...... players might be signing quickly to avoid being left out in the cold by a cash depleted market.
    Maybe, maybe not. But one things for sure, the going price will drop.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"