Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Quarterback Quandary

I know that for some reason everyone here hates Culpepper but the way we handled his grooming was perfect. We brought him in he sat and learned for a year and then we was asked to play and he played well. He did have several weapons at his disposal but he played well. I suggest that we draft a good QB in this draft. I have my favorite and Brohm is on several other member's top list but the way we throw our young Qbs to the wolves isn't the bes way to groom them. I have not seen what I want to see from Jackson but that may change. I say draft someone that can step up and take his place in 2 years should he not be the answer. However, if we wait for 2 more years and draft a replacement then we are only repeating our mistakes.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I know that for some reason everyone here hates Culpepper but the way we handled his grooming was perfect. We brought him in he sat and learned for a year and then we was asked to play and he played well. He did have several weapons at his disposal but he played well. I suggest that we draft a good QB in this draft. I have my favorite and Brohm is on several other member's top list but the way we throw our young Qbs to the wolves isn't the bes way to groom them. I have not seen what I want to see from Jackson but that may change. I say draft someone that can step up and take his place in 2 years should he not be the answer. However, if we wait for 2 more years and draft a replacement then we are only repeating our mistakes.
    Because he's childish and doesn't have the respect of his teammates.... oh, and he's washed up without Carter and Moss catching for him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    For some reason.
    Wow.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I am totally down with drafting a QB in the second or third round.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    For some reason.
    Wow.
    I wasn't on the board when the whole blow up with Childress went down and honestly, I didn't really have too much interest in who was at fault. I remember Culpepper asking for more money and Childress refusing to give him a playbook. There was something else about him rehabing in some rundown area of FL. However, I don't remember anything happening to cause the amount of hate for him on the board but that wasn't even the point of my statement.

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    For some reason.
    Wow.
    I wasn't on the board when the whole blow up with Childress went down and honestly, I didn't really have too much interest in who was at fault. I remember Culpepper asking for more money and Childress refusing to give him a playbook. There was something else about him rehabing in some rundown area of FL. However, I don't remember anything happening to cause the amount of hate for him on the board but that wasn't even the point of my statement.
    Culpepper earned the hating he got, mostly because he was an idiot.
    I guess we shouldn't hold that against people, but it caused a bunch of actions that rightfully took him out of favor with MN fans.

The hating came mostly from his actions off the field, although he earned a number of haters from his on-field performance as well.
    Put the two together and there you have it.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    maybe we cant stand the guy is because he wanted to be traded or cut from the team. Because he sucked one year, and then wanted a huge contract extension and he didnt get it, so he acted like a baby, why would anybody like him?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    maybe we cant stand the guy is because he wanted to be traded or cut from the team. Because he sucked one year, and then wanted a huge contract extension and he didnt get it, so he acted like a baby, why would anybody like him?
    I see ok.
    thanks.

ragz is offline GM

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I see ok.
    thanks.
    there is really no reason for viking fans to hate him.
    the fact of the matter is he did us a favor.
    if he was smart he would have taken his time getting back, b.johnson would have started the season for us and he could have returned completely healthy.
    instead he wanted to train on his own, rush back, and some stupid team gave us a 2nd round pick for him.
    the guy obviously ruined his career which he may never regain and whether we wasted the pick on ryan cook or not we will find out, but for where he is right now, even ryan cook looks like a pretty sweet deal.
    culpepper and his agent culpepper may have basically ended his career, at least as a starter.
    why kick a man when he's down?
    even if he is a rich man?
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I see ok.
    thanks.
    there is really no reason for viking fans to hate him.
    the fact of the matter is he did us a favor.
    if he was smart he would have taken his time getting back, b.johnson would have started the season for us and he could have returned completely healthy.
    instead he wanted to train on his own, rush back, and some stupid team gave us a 2nd round pick for him.
    the guy obviously ruined his career which he may never regain and whether we wasted the pick on ryan cook or not we will find out, but for where he is right now, even ryan cook looks like a pretty sweet deal.
    culpepper and his agent culpepper may have basically ended his career, at least as a starter. why kick a man when he's down?
    even if he is a rich man?
    because he's an egotistical douchebag.

He re-injured himself in Oakland because he said he could beat their runningback or whoever in a footrace... people scoffed at that statement, so he wanted to prove it.
    The result?
    Didn't he pull his hamstring? haha...

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789