Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Re: QB Tavaris Jackson

It's offical 90% of you only care about big names instead of what they can bring.

I like this pick. Anything that is wrong with this guy you can teach out of him but he has all the raw talent in the world!!

This is a good project.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

wilson is offline Rookie

We traded both 3rd round picks. Completely unecessary.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not too sure about this move..

I don't know though..

I was hoping to get Croyle or Whitehurst..

they gave up both 3rd rounders to move up to get him, they must have felt pretty strongly about it

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Jaws said he's got potential to be a great QB, He understands coverages and etc.

I don't know...Kind of shaky to me...I can understand why we didn't take Croyle he's got big injury issues.

Whitehurst is kind of like a incarceration of Joey Harrington. He's up and down.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Anudda reach by Fran the Re-tard...
    ===============================================
    Tarvaris Jackson
    QB | (6'2", 226, 4.68) | ALABAMA STATE

Scouts Grade: 65

Strengths: Jackson has outstanding upside. Possesses adequate height and is a well-built athlete. Has outstanding mobility and very good speed. Is a threat to run and shows good elusiveness in the open field. He possesses outstanding arm strength and can make all the NFL throws. He shows great zip on his deep-out route throws and can drive the ball vertically on a line.

Weaknesses: Jackson is an unpolished quarterback. He lacks ideal mechanics. His footwork needs a lot of improving and he has too much of a wind-up delivery. He has a tendency to telegraph his throws by locking onto his primary receiver. He never was forced to read a lot of coverages. Comes from the small-school level where he got away with a lot because of his superior athleticism and arm strength. He trusts his arm too much and tries to force the ball into tight spots that he shouldn't. He needs to learn to change velocities and to take something off of his "fastball" on shorter, timing routes. Jackson has enough upside to gamble on in the late rounds, but he is very much a developmental project with a steep learning curve ahead of him in the NFL.

Overall: Jackson appeared in three games of the 2001 season but he missed the most of the season, as he sustained a shoulder injury and he was granted a medical red-shirt. He started one of the eight games he played in for Arkansas in 2002. Jackson transferred to Alabama State in 2003. He played in 13 games for Alabama State in 2003 throwing for 2,342 yards, 18 touchdowns and 13 interceptions while completing just over 50 percent of his passes. Jackson also rushed for 444 yards and five touchdowns on 91 attempts that year. He played in 12 games in 2004 throwing for 2,556 yards, 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions while completing just over 52 percent of his passes. Jackson also rushed for 367 yards and three touchdowns on 65 carries that year. He played in 11 games during the 2005 season. He threw for 2,941 yards, 29 touchdowns and five interceptions while completing over 60 percent of his passes. Jackson also rushed for 285 yards and three touchdowns on 103 carries. Jackson is an intriguing prospect because of his combination of arm strength, size and athletic ability. His accuracy and decision-making also improved during his senior season but he is a developmental prospect that needs to work on his touch and ability to read defenses. Jackson projects as a late-round pick for a team that is willing and patient enough to work with him as a developmental project.
    ================================================
    I guess Foley tinks a late round is anything beyond da foist round, y'know? Along wit Ryan Cook, dis makes two reaches in da 2nd round! Jackson ain't a woithless pick like Ryan, but still, what are dey tinkin', y'know?
    :???:
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate the vikings im not a fan of them anymore they make all these stupid decisions

I just had to get that out but I hate the decisions the've made i mean im still a fan but we keep doing bad and bad and we make stupid decisions like getting this thug tavaris jackson or whatever his name is. As well as Ryan Cook I've never heard of these people. Well atleast when Tarvaris Jackson starts we will be able to get 1st overall since will be the worst team in the league. I mean what kind of bonehead decision was this I think that butter ball Fran Foley has to do alot with this.

Formerly Viking24

"ViKing24" wrote:
    I hate the vikings im not a fan of them anymore they make all these stupid decisions
    Don't let the big purple door hit you on the @ss on the way out.
    Even babies know the difference.

"ViKing24" wrote:
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast