Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: QB stability tops Vikings coaching staff's priority list

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I watched him play at Iowa State when I lived there.
    He was sporadic, had a good arm, and a was a good decision maker when the heat was on.
    I don't have a boner over him, but, I would take him over Frerotte at this stage in their careers.
    So you don't have a bottle of Frerotte's taint sweat on the mantle to go along with the others?
    That is a pretty ignorant statement to make.
    Name one person who tinks that Gus is something great.
    Just because we don't worship the ground that TJack walks on doesn't make anyone a Gus fanboy either.
    Gus was better then TJack when his body was fresh.
    But Gus's body couldn't last 12 games (hell, it didn't last 9 games), and so TJack was the beter choice at the end.
    It doesn't mean that either one of them were anything to brag about last year.

I am pretty sure that has been said several times throughout the season, yet some people still confuse realistic expectations of a QB with hero worship or hate...
    I don't hate or worship any of are QBs. Reality is a beeyatch. For some reason I think we will never have a QB under Childress and Spielman.
    I hear ya.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    I think Gus is great, Nodak.

The worst thing about getting Rosenfels is having to endure another 100 plus page, season long, debate about who is better, TJ or Rosenfels.
    No doubt.
    If we end up going into next season with TJ, Sage and JDB, the 100 page mark will come very fast with arguments for all 3 of them.
    Another spreadsheet debate coming I fear.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

The worst thing about getting Rosenfels is having to endure another 100 plus page, season long, debate about who is better, TJ or Rosenfels.
    No doubt.
    If we end up going into next season with TJ, Sage and JDB, the 100 page mark will come very fast with arguments for all 3 of them.
    i'd say TJ only bc he's younger!!... I only hope this focuses TJ and makes him a better player.. that's all we can hope for at this point!!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

No doubt.
    i'd say TJ only bc he's younger!!... I only hope this focuses TJ and makes him a better player.. that's all we can hope for at this point!!
    If he wins the starting job in preseason with a legitimate competition against Sage then he's off to a good start.

I hope they don't anoint Sage as the starter without competition, but I wouldn't be all that shocked if he was.
    TJ's stock would be at an all time low if he is not allowed to compete for the starting spot and pretty much seals his future.
    Any statements coming out that Sage is expected to be the starter before training camp starts is unacceptable.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tastywaves" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

No doubt.
    If he wins the starting job in preseason with a legitimate competition against Sage then he's off to a good start.

I hope they don't anoint Sage as the starter without competition, but I wouldn't be all that shocked if he was.
    TJ's stock would be at an all time low if he is not allowed to compete for the starting spot and pretty much seals his future.
    Any statements coming out that Sage is expected to be the starter before training camp starts is unacceptable.
    What hasn't been mentioned much in all of this is that we continue to try to find a Vet when everyone seems to believe the staff is "Hitched" to TJ.

Wonder how "hitched" they really are?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:

No doubt.

What hasn't been mentioned much in all of this is that we continue to try to find a Vet when everyone seems to believe the staff is "Hitched" to TJ.

Wonder how "hitched" they really are?
    :
    At this point, I don't think they are "hitched" to TJ at all.

I would like to believe that IF it is TJ, Sage and JDB going into training camp, that it is truly a competition between them.
    If TJ wins the battle give him the starting role, although I have a gut feel they are hoping for someone else.

Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394