Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

QB Draft Class of 2011: Looking at NFL Team Intere

Teams with Quarterback Needs

Carolina Panthers
    Buffalo Bills
    Cincinnati Bengals
    Arizona Cardinals
    San Francisco 49ers
    Tennessee Titans
    Washington Redskins
    Minnesota Vikings
    Miami Dolphins
    Jacksonville Jajuars
    Seattle Seahawks
    So, to wrap up, there are eleven teams that could use a quarterback, but many of these teams are boxed in as not many of them appear to have beneficial situations that lend themselves to be drafting a rookie QB as their solution in the first round.
    QB Draft Class of 2011: Looking at NFL Team Interest & Need
    Gives some real nice insight into each of those teams, who they have on the roster, who they might target and the rationale behind it.

i.e.

Carolina Panthers - I realize the new coach didn't draft Jimmy Clausen with a second round pick last season, but the team did, and they also drafted Tony Pike. It would make more sense to try and acquire a Kevin Kolb here instead of adding a rookie to a roster with 2 second year players
    Arizona Cardinals - Arizona is another team that would benefit from signing a veteran over drafting a quarterback 5th overall because they're basically in the same situation as the Panthers. The Cards have two second year players as their top option as quarterback in 2011. Donovan McNabb could come to Arizona and convince Larry Fitzgerald to stay. It would be hard to convince Fitz to stay during the prime part of his career, while the team develops a rookie, John Skelton, and Max Hall.

Minnesota Vikings - Tavaris Jackson isn't a reliable veteran quarterback. Joe Webb had people fall in love with him one week and out of love the next. Matt Flynn came in to face the New England Patriots when they were playing their best and almost knocked them off on short notice. He appeared like a franchise quarterback. The Vikings still believe their window is open and could sign Flynn to take the reins. He's also familiar with the division and particular the Vikings arch rival the Green Bay Packers. This wouldn't be the first time a Packers quarterback change his colors to purpleÖ.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: QB Draft Class of 2011: Looking at NFL Team Intere

Interesting takes, especially on Flynn but I don't see the Packers letting him walk considering Rodgers has already taken so many hits and could be out on a moments notice.To be honest I didn't even know he would be available.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091074
    Interesting takes, especially on Flynn but I don't see the Packers letting him walk considering Rodgers has already taken so many hits and could be out on a moments notice.To be honest I didn't even know he would be available.
    According to rotoworld he is under contract for 2011 at a bit above 550,000.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091079
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1091074
    According to rotoworld he is under contract for 2011 at a bit above 550,000.
    Unless he wants to spread his wings my guess is they lock him up again and if he wants to fly my guess is they would do something to make sure he doesn't end up here. Hopefully we can some day find our own QB instead of grabbing them from GB.