Re: qb in the draft?

what about brodie croyle???
    our only sure-handed receiver

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Charlie Whitehurst is horrible. NEVER.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

heck, pepper will be out for a while, johnson could go down and our other quarterback sucks. i wouldn't mind grabbing 2 qb's in the draft one for 3rd string and a back up for johnson which sounds real crazy especially with pepper on the team still but hey why pay a free agent big bucks when we can get a young guy in a later round and take a chance on him for the heck of it.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    heck, pepper will be out for a while, johnson could go down and our other quarterback sucks. i wouldn't mind grabbing 2 qb's in the draft one for 3rd string and a back up for johnson which sounds real crazy especially with pepper on the team still but hey why pay a free agent big bucks when we can get a young guy in a later round and take a chance on him for the heck of it.
    Well hell while were at it, lets just use all of our draft picks on QB's :?:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    Easier to pick up someone in FA that will play for the minimum (with NO signing bonus)...someone that could actually step in and perform if BJ does go down!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    Easier to pick up someone in FA that will play for the minimum (with NO signing bonus)...someone that could actually step in and perform if BJ does go down!
    Cajun, I just don't understand what the board has become. It is now a place where the common mentality is " We are one RB away from a Super Bowl" And now I hear the VINCE YOUNG is our savior.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"mr.woo" wrote:
    i say we try to go after either reggie mcneal, dj shockley or charlie whitehurst. they would all be good types for the west coast offense. jay cutler doesnt impress me even though alot of people on this site like him.
    I hate to break it to you but the 3 QBs you just metioned will never be great starting QBs in the league and may be a good backup but the only teams they will be QBing for will be 7-9 or 6-10 teams. There is speculation that McNeal will have to go to WR just to make it in the league. As for how good Cutler will be is unclear to me, he seems to remind of Heath Shuler and that is not good, but Cutler is a dropback passer with a quick release and that fits right into the West Coast offense with its crossing routes and timing patterns. But Cutler is a way better QB prospect than the other three will ever be.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Penn st.'s Robinson ???
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"vikesoto" wrote:
    Penn st.'s Robinson ???
    Hard to see how he will fair because he really only played as the starter for a year, but he has awesome athletic ability. I see Robinson as a Randle-El type player in the NFL and if you watched any of the Senior bowl pratices on NFL Network you could see that he is built like a RB and has good hands so I think he could be a good WR in the league, but as a QB he might not be as accurate as he would need to.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

"hovan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    Cajun, I just don't understand what the board has become. It is now a place where the common mentality is " We are one RB away from a Super Bowl" And now I hear the VINCE YOUNG is our savior.
    That "we are one running back away" talk got us Hershel Walker. :grin:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast