Thread: QB ?

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: QB ?

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know me.
    Once I get on a guys bandwagon I'm on it.

Hell, he played better than I expected last year.
    Why can't he play better than I expect this year?

All logic dictates that he will.

GO TJ.
    I got your back on this one my friend.
    You just keep studying that game tape, working with your WR's and learn how to read blitzes so you can find your hot read.
    I will keep defending you against the horde of naysayers (NP not included)
    ;D
    Keep a spot open for me.
    I made the mistake of jumping off from the Childress bandwagon last year, despite your best warnings.
    Maybe I should listen more.
    Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but I had my legs hanging over the side a couple of times last year.
    ;D
    Oh come on Mar, we both know you'd still support Brad Childress even if he robbed a bank and shot some people.
    Then I'd just have to here it was all the FO's plan for getting more money for FA and if we every fire Childress you'll let us know how you really feel.
    ;D
    If Chilly did all that he'd still have nothing on Pacman!!...

But aside from that, I'm not so sure why ppl are warming up the Chilly... I agree he and Speilman and the FO work wonders together and I trust them in selecting good players... however, I still solidly question the game planning and play calling....

While we all know they can pick talent..

The jury is still out on them as to whether or not they can call plays and develop solid schemes in order to get players in a position to be the most successful!!...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    You know me.

GO TJ.

You just keep studying that game tape, working with your WR's and learn how to read blitzes so you can find your hot read.

;D
    Keep a spot open for me.
    I made the mistake of jumping off from the Childress bandwagon last year, despite your best warnings.
    Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but I had my legs hanging over the side a couple of times last year.

;D
    Oh come on Mar, we both know you'd still support Brad Childress even if he robbed a bank and shot some people.
    Then I'd just have to here it was all the FO's plan for getting more money for FA and if we every fire Childress you'll let us know how you really feel.
    ;D

But aside from that, I'm not so sure why ppl are warming up the Chilly... I agree he and Speilman and the FO work wonders together and I trust them in selecting good players... however, I still solidly question the game planning and play calling....

The jury is still out on them as to whether or not they can call plays and develop solid schemes in order to get players in a position to be the most successful!!...
    Please don't make me go down the whole path of trying to explain why a coaching staff would limit the play book for a young QB which would also lead to a perception that the play calling sucked.

Truth of the matter they did limit the plays and the young team still struggled with executing.
    Given all the game tape they have to study I see that as a non issue this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=44291.msg768640#msg768640 date=1209138250]
    You know me.

GO TJ.
    ;D
    Keep a spot open for me.
    ;D
    ;D

Please don't make me go down the whole path of trying to explain why a coaching staff would limit the play book for a young QB which would also lead to a perception that the play calling sucked.

Truth of the matter they did limit the plays and the young team still struggled with executing.
    ;D
    [/quote]

;D

"Schutz" wrote:

;D
    I hear ya my friend.
    Quit blowing my cover.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    You know me.

GO TJ.
    ;D
    Keep a spot open for me.
    ;D
    ;D

;D
    [/quote]

While that may be the case, I'm not drinking that Kool-AID!!..

The play calling was suspect last year (in certain circumstances) and was just as suspect when we had a "veteran" in Brad Johnson behind center... Please don't begin to tell me they limited the play book for the ole' crafty veteran!..

I'm not referring to the limited play calling, I'm referring to the running against 9 men in the box, please don't tell me that TJ was soo limited that they chose to run against 9 men fronts, that they refused to throw a RB screen in the flat to get AP some space (1st game not included), that they didn't run much 2back offense like they said they would, please don't tell me a limited play book was the reason Brooks B and Kelly Holcomb ran the same plays that didn't work often times...

Please don't tell me dumbing down the play book kept them from making pertinent half time adjustments to what the defense did against us in the first half...

If you tell me otherwise based on these points you'd be wrong...

Just because those guys run an NFL offense / playbook that they are such great play callers because the fact of the matter is guys get fired year after year for the very exact same thing... so when i question playcalling i think i have a legitimate point alot of the times...

I agree execution and all that go hand in hand, however, if you have 9 men in the box geared up at stopping the run, conventional wisdom tells you to put an extra receiver in the game and spread there asses out!!...

YES, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYCALLING!!!...
    that's a soap box, you can stand on all day and you'd slip right off of!... ;D

Yes, the playcalling was good at times, and suspect many times as well!!!!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=44291.msg768675#msg768675 date=1209140266]
    You know me.

GO TJ.

;D
    Keep a spot open for me.

;D
    ;D

;D
    [/quote]

While that may be the case, I'm not drinking that Kool-AID!!..

The play calling was suspect last year (in certain circumstances) and was just as suspect when we had a "veteran" in Brad Johnson behind center... Please don't begin to tell me they limited the play book for the ole' crafty veteran!..

I'm not referring to the limited play calling, I'm referring to the running against 9 men in the box, please don't tell me that TJ was soo limited that they chose to run against 9 men fronts, that they refused to throw a RB screen in the flat to get AP some space (1st game not included), that they didn't run much 2back offense like they said they would, please don't tell me a limited play book was the reason Brooks B and Kelly Holcomb ran the same plays that didn't work often times...

Please don't tell me dumbing down the play book kept them from making pertinent half time adjustments to what the defense did against us in the first half...

If you tell me otherwise based on these points you'd be wrong...

Just because those guys run an NFL offense / playbook that they are such great play callers because the fact of the matter is guys get fired year after year for the very exact same thing... so when i question playcalling i think i have a legitimate point alot of the times...

I agree execution and all that go hand in hand, however, if you have 9 men in the box geared up at stopping the run, conventional wisdom tells you to put an extra receiver in the game and spread there dimply buttocks out!!...

YES, I'M TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYCALLING!!!...
    that's a soap box, you can stand on all day and you'd slip right off of!... ;D

Yes, the playcalling was good at times, and suspect many times as well!!!!
    [/quote]
    Ahhh another misguided PPO'rs for me to sway to the good side.
    ;D

Of course they had to limit the playcalling for Brad.
    Well, limit is probably a bad word.
    Not run because his arm was a rag is probably a better way to say it.

Hey, let me ask you a question.
    Do you think a collegiate team could run/execute all of the plays in a NFL playbook?

Think about that real hard before you get back on your soapbox.
    ;D

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789