Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: QB ?

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: QB ?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Alright guys, we can see he put alot of thought into his first post so....

Welcome to the site my newest purple friend.

Post well and often.

As to our issues surrounding our QB, I am sure you are aware of all the positives and negatives from TJ's first season as a starter in the NFL especially since he was out there way ahead of schedule because there was really no viable option out there in the FA market with the exception of maybe Garcia last year but he really had about the same win loss record as TJ did last year and then you have to think about all the issues that come with a young QB trying to learn a complex scheme that we run with wide recievers dropping balls and a offensive line that struggled at time protecting him which leads me to the point that maybe just maybe TJ will be a better QB this year for going through that steep learning curve that was last year.
    There is no way that you can possibly post that response after reading the original post.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Alright guys, we can see he put alot of thought into his first post so....

Welcome to the site my newest purple friend.

Post well and often.

As to our issues surrounding our QB, I am sure you are aware of all the positives and negatives from TJ's first season as a starter in the NFL especially since he was out there way ahead of schedule because there was really no viable option out there in the FA market with the exception of maybe Garcia last year but he really had about the same win loss record as TJ did last year and then you have to think about all the issues that come with a young QB trying to learn a complex scheme that we run with wide recievers dropping balls and a offensive line that struggled at time protecting him which leads me to the point that maybe just maybe TJ will be a better QB this year for going through that steep learning curve that was last year.
    There is no way that you can possibly post that response after reading the original post.
    I always try to respond to a new post.
    And I always try to be positive if I can. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "sotaman300m" wrote:
    Is it just me that thinks besides a DE this team is crying for a QB
    rumor of another wideout are
    a scary thought we signed berrian and dont need to waste another high draft pick on a wide reciever
    are we becoming the lions picking recievers that are busts besides who can throw the ball to these guys anyway t-jackson
    or
    gus

forget !

LMAO.
    If people are trying to tell you that we are going to pick a WR, then you need to find new people to listen to.
    Childress has been very straight with his preference to not draft a WR in the first round.
    Besides, there are absolutely no WRs worth a first round pick.

Also, even if we did draft a WR, we would hardly be turning in to the lions.
    We have picked a grand total of two - count em - two WRs in the first round in the entire modern era of the NFL (1970 to present).
    One of them turned into a bust.
    The other broke the single season touchdown reception record last season.
    Perhaps you've heard of him...

Finally, the odds are that we will draft a QB this year.
    I would expect in the third round.
    But that is just MHO.
    I bet we don't

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"sotaman300m" wrote:
    a scary thought we signed berrian and dont need to waste another high draft pick on a wide reciever
    are we becoming the lions picking recievers that are busts besides who can throw the ball to these guys anyway t-jackson
    or
    gus

forget !

idontthinkwe'lldraftaqbhighinthedraftand,yes,tjack willtossthepigskintoomefeeblefingeredwrwhetheryoul ikeitornot.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"sotaman300m" wrote:
    or
    gus
    forget !
    You know its the patience that some fans have for Jackson that really impresses me.
    Thy know he had some struggles in is first 14 starts, but they are willing to accept that and see how this year pans out.
    :
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"misplacedminnesotan" wrote:
    "sotaman300m" wrote:
    or
    gus

forget !

You know its the patience that some fans have for Jackson that really impresses me.
    Thy know he had some struggles in is first 14 starts, but they are willing to accept that and see how this year pans out.

:
    I kindof look a TJ just like I look at Cook, McCauley, Gordon and yes AD. They were on the field at times that they shouldn't have been because the front office wanted them there instead of older vets.

The experience they got on the field last year will pay huge dividends this year.
    They have enought time to work through thier issues, the coaches have game tape to show them how to get better and now that we have an influx of (albeit young) FA vets this year, we are damn deep at almost every position.

The front office, for the first time, can really draft BPA IMHO in this draft as we don't need any starter at any position.
    (LT aside).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"sotaman300m" wrote:
    or
    gus
    forget !
    :
    You should check out Terry Bradshaw's numbers in his first 3 years as a starter... then get back to me.

He has... what... 4 rings?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Articnv is offline Coach

Tjack he had mistake but when u got wide reiever
    that cant hodl on to a ball or TE
    that cant hold on to a bal in the End zone, can u say tjack was the bad.
    You cnat he had hsi trail by fire and he was learning from it
    at teh end fo the season.
    Hopeful it wont be the same
    play calling as last year.
    Run left run left,
    short pass
    before the marker
    punt

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "sotaman300m" wrote:
    or
    gus

forget !

idontthinkwe'lldraftaqbhighinthedraftand,yes,tjack willtossthepigskintoomefeeblefingeredwrwhetheryoul ikeitornot.
    Post of the day!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"C" wrote:
    "sotaman300m" wrote:
    or
    gus
    forget !
    :
    You should check out Terry Bradshaw's numbers in his first 3 years as a starter... then get back to me.

He has... what... 4 rings?
    I was being sarcastic to the former poster.
    I'm willing to wait to see if this kid pans out, I think will grow into a decent QB if given time.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.- John Adams

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast