Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Put your Vikings draft grades and analysis here

The way I look at it is, anything after the 3rd rd you are taking a gamble on.. With that said..

#17 Chad Greenway- Is a very solid pick, we addressed the LB need with our first pick.. Very good draft there.

#48 Cedric Griffin- A very good CB, that may end up the nickel back right away. This was a good draft pick there..

#51 Ryan Cook- Will be a instant backup to Birk at C, and may also end up the starting RG. Good pickup in that he can play multiple positions. Good draft pick there.

#64 Tavaris Jackson- Still up in the air on this one. If Childress is as good as mentoring QB's as they say, then this could end up being a great draft pick in a few years.. We will wait and see.

We traded a few spots, and a 6th rd selection for Artis Hicks from Philly. He has 4 years of experience, and in my mind, a better selection then we would have gotten with our 6th rd pick..

#127 Ray Edwards- Looks to be a big physical DE that is going to be a solid backup for many years to come. If James, or Udeze were to get hurt, or traded down the road, then he could be a good starter..

#149 Greg Blue- Will be a good backup S.. He can play both SS, and FS so that is a big plus. He could end being a steal in the 5th rd..

Overall, I have to give the FO a C+ to B-.. It could have been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse..

"jhirchak1" wrote:
    I give them a B if you do not include the pick of Cook from New Mexico.

If you include the pick of Cook, I give them a C
    That sounds alot like the talk that was going around a few seasons back when the Vikings drafted a virtually unknown Center out of "Harvard" ?

"Who the hell is this Matt Birk ???"

"He'll be cut in Mankato !!!"

Like the old rap song says....." How You Like Me Now "......

Unless you watched New Mexico football games, let's NOT rush to judgement so soon.

He MAY surprise most naysayers...
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

N/A- That's my grade. I don't know enough about the guys to not like them, but I also don't know enough about these guys to say that it was a success.

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [size=18px]Draft =[/size]

100% CORRECT !!!!!!!

A picture says a thousand words.....

Great pic !!!! You really hit the nail on the head ...........

Thanks to PPE for sig

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    N/A- That's my grade. I don't know enough about the guys to not like them, but I also don't know enough about these guys to say that it was a success.
    That's exactly my way of thinking.....

Thanks to PPE for sig

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    F-

That draft was terrible. I mean to start with by not trading for cutler for our 1st and 3rd round picks. Then to make it up we pick this guy Tavaris Jackson who came from a small college and hasn't proven his skills. Add that up with his position and character. Then we go after a FS and SS when we needed a RB and TE and we already have depth at that position already.
    So, you need to play for a big college to be worth a lick?

Tell that to Ben Rothlesburger. Miami of Ohio is not what I would call a big football college.

No kidding....

Then we go after a FS and SS when we needed a RB and TE and we already have depth at that position already.

We have Wiggins, Kleinsasser, and Angulo as TE's.. We are good there.

We have Taylor, Moore, Fason, Archemedo (sp), Richardson, and Goodspeed. We are also good here..

We needed LB, QB, CB, and S more then anything.. We got all of that in the draft..

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Cook can play anywhere on the O Line, and hes an absolute beast..you cant tell me that NFL coaches wont be able to mold him into an excellent player with the tools he already has..we couldve gotten Cook later on, but its a real nice pickup either way..overall il give the vikings a B-, and next year il re-grade this years draft according to how these guys progress..we picked up raw-talent guys that need proper coaching to excel in the NFL..with the tools these guys have, they can easily become top notch pros as long as they progress along the way
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    [size=18px]Draft =[/size]

Draft = Craps?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    F-

That draft was terrible. I mean to start with by not trading for cutler for our 1st and 3rd round picks. Then to make it up we pick this guy Tavaris Jackson who came from a small college and hasn't proven his skills. Add that up with his position and character. Then we go after a FS and SS when we needed a RB and TE and we already have depth at that position already.
    So, you need to play for a big college to be worth a lick?

Tell that to Ben Rothlesburger. Miami of Ohio is not what I would call a big football college.

No kidding....

Then we go after a FS and SS when we needed a RB and TE and we already have depth at that position already.

We have Wiggins, Kleinsasser, and Angulo as TE's.. We are good there.

We have Taylor, Moore, Fason, Archemedo (sp), Richardson, and Goodspeed. We are also good here..

We needed LB, QB, CB, and S more then anything.. We got all of that in the draft..
    exactly Vikesfanin Wis..it was good to get a safety with Offord coming off of the serious knee injury..if we lose a TE, then we still have 2 other perfectly capable guys in sasser and angulo..if we lose offord, and then one of our starters, then we are stuck with Will Hunter..if we lose a RB, then we can throw in Moore or Fason without missing a beat on offense..we NEEDED a corner, and we got one..i wasnt sold on throwing in devonte edwards, a guy that made 1 play all last season, as a starter in case toine or smoot got injured..dustin fox didnt play at all last year either, so there was serious reason to be concerned with our CB situation before the draft
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Well ben reothlisberger is one of the few exceptions but I'm saying he hasn't had much good competition especially if he were to play USC etc. I will have to see it to believe it. However usually people from big colleges though don't do good in the nfl but the smaller ones do for they are closer to their system sometimes.

Formerly Viking24

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast