Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Pro Football Talk don't tink too much of us.....

"ejmat" wrote:
    Does anyone really care what these people think? They are wrong everyt year. In this day and age with free agency the way it is it's very difficult to predict how teams will do. I can see the point of will the team gell together quickly. We know we looked good on paper last year but we saw how that worked out. This year, there's new systems on both sides of the ball. The good news is there's a lot of young talent and if they play decently this year and the team stays in tact next year they may dominate.

Personally I don't see them as dominating this year. I think they will be competitive and they are defintaly a playoff calibur team. If they make the playoffs anything can happen. The main thing now a day is playing together as a system. Like the Pats did in the early 2000s. Like the Cowboys did in the 90s. Like the niners / Bills did in the 80s and the Steelers / Vikings did in the 70s.

All in all these guys at this point can only guess what's going to happen. they make their prediction based on gut feelings. Really, their predictions mean squat at this time of year.
    Exactly right! But it's still fun to watch them eat their words almost every year! I'm waiting for the big win that will blow their minds completely! :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

"donjen95" wrote:
    Casn anyone tell me where the Bears were predicted to finish last year? How about the Giants? Were the Eagles chosen for last place by anybody?Don't bother letting what the so called experts say bother anybody. Oh, one last one. where were the Detroit tigers supposed to be this year.
    yeah, go Tigers!!! :grin:
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

you do make a very good point with the bears, giants, and eagles though. another one is the packers. didn't see anyone besides us saying they'd go 4-12 and finish dead LAST!!!
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I've never put much weight into preseason hype before, I'm a firm believer in, you strap it on and play every game to win..

I'm just anxious to see our new O and D systems, and how our players jell to them and play as a Team...

I'll say this much, I feel we where way over due for some serious changes with our team, and we have done that, for the better or worse we will all soon enough find out....

I'm thinking for the better...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

The Vikes have an awesome line and will be able to move the ball on the ground. If you can do that you will be successful. We will be successful.
    We can solve poverty today.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

That's what I'm excited about. The running game. I can't wait to see our front line, CT ande TR play together. If they play well together we may have the #1 running game in the league. With BJ QBing it will provide control of the clock and every once in a while take the shot down field. This will give the defense the much needed rest they've been needing for years.

I'm really excited about this year. What these "experts" say right now is about as good as me saying what's going to happen on March 7th, 2008. Of course, I have no idea what's going to happen. They don't either. There are so many variables that can happen between now and then. Injuries and big and you won't know until later on. A lot of these experts forget that we had key injuries the beginning of last season. That takes a big toll on a team.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Go screw yourselves PFT that's all I have to say! But seriously, it seems like whenever the media plays down and bashes the Vikes they do better. So bash them all you want media, they're just going to come back and shove it in your faces anyways. Can't wait for the season to start so they can prove them all wrong!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I do drink the Viking Kool-Aid. But let us also think about the overall team.

We have a TON of new coaches.
    We have a new offense that is unproven. (An aging QB)
    We have a few new faces on defense it also is a little unproven.

I do like the direction of the team and owner.

However I also understand we have A LOT of new faces. So the jury is still out.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Ultrapurple is offline Rookie

Honestly, I am much more comfortable with them picking us to finish out of the play-offs. This time of year I am full of nothing but cockeyed optimism. Even this year with all the changes I honestly expect us to challenge for the Division. When they came out two years ago and predicted us to contend for a Super Bowl, it made me nervous and I think almost set us up for failure. And gave all the talking heads on TV reason to tell us what a disappointment we were. Now I don't expect any of the same people to point out how wrong they were when we go to the play-offs this year, it'll just be enough for me to remember what the so called "experts" said. I love to see the smirk wiped off John Clayton's face! How can anyone that looks that much like Mr. Hand from South Park be taken serious on any subject!!
    UltraPurple, USAF (Ret)
    The Woodlands, Texas

I don't think all that highly of PFT either, so I guess we're even...
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast