Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Pro Bowl Autograph Signings...

"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    You know most of these players need a life too, yes they are paid well for what they do, yes they owe the fans, most I have seen have been very good to kids, charging for autographs has become part of it because WE have created a market and there are people that will send kids to have players sign stuff just to sell or worse they are selling fake sigs on ebay and other sports auctions.
    I don't think the "fake" autographs are nearlly as high as what they say it is.

Most on eBay are legit IMO. I usually compare the signature to one that I know is legit.

It is true however, that some parents have kids acquire the autographed item & then turn around & sell it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    You know most of these players need a life too, yes they are paid well for what they do, yes they owe the fans, most I have seen have been very good to kids, charging for autographs has become part of it because WE have created a market and there are people that will send kids to have players sign stuff just to sell or worse they are selling fake sigs on ebay and other sports auctions.

Most on eBay are legit IMO. I usually compare the signature to one that I know is legit.

It is true however, that some parents have kids acquire the autographed item & then turn around & sell it.
    That's so low
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:

My youngest daughter had autographs for the Orioles. She kept the baseball, but when she no longer wanted the team signed poster she donated it to the local Cancer chapter auction. It's all in how you were raised.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:

My youngest daughter had autographs for the Orioles. She kept the baseball, but when she no longer wanted the team signed poster she donated it to the local Cancer chapter auction. It's all in how you were raised.
    Good job raising her!!! I have bought auto'd memorabilia through charity auctions as well (the last was a Dom Capers signed cap- not very proud of it but no one else was bidding and it was only 5 bucks)

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:

Good job raising her!!! I have bought auto'd memorabilia through charity auctions as well (the last was a Dom Capers signed cap- not very proud of it but no one else was bidding and it was only 5 bucks)
    Rosemary's did better than that. They sent her a thank you card and stated on it the poster brought $255.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123