Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    UKVikingMike is offline Training Camp

Re: Pro Bowl Autograph Signings...

Cant believe they charge for autographs, where does the money go? who in the industry needs the few extra dollars from it. Hope it all goes to charity.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingNed" wrote:
    And the bottom line is, we as fans, voted for their asses to go on vacation to HAW.....

I think it's a real shame, espeicaly for the kids.....

They should make it mandatory for them all to line up and spend a minimum of 4 hours signing autographs...

I'll say it, sometimes pro athletes are real pieces of pooh......
    Perhaps the Pro Bowl Skills Competition was going on at the same time as the autograph signing or some other players event as well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"UKVikingMike" wrote:
    Cant believe they charge for autographs, where does the money go? who in the industry needs the few extra dollars from it. Hope it all goes to charity.
    Every players autograph I paid for has gone to a charitable cause.

Chuck Foreman does it on a regular basis as does Matt Blair.

Bud Grants was free, but he was also selling paintings he had done.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "UKVikingMike" wrote:
    Every players autograph I paid for has gone to a charitable cause.

Chuck Foreman does it on a regular basis as does Matt Blair.

Bud Grants was free, but he was also selling paintings he had done.
    I have no problem with that Singer, and I think it's great when they help out the needy..

But I would think that at the pro bowl, the players would go that extra mile to make themselves available at some point to give out autographs and have their pics with fans taken..

It might just be me, but it seems you see less and less of it with every passing year.....I can remember when I was young, either at a football game or baseball, during warm ups, fans would line the rails of the fields and players would take time out to always approach the fans and sign autographs....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I have no problem with that Singer, and I think it's great when they help out the needy..

But I would think that at the pro bowl, the players would go that extra mile to make themselves available at some point to give out autographs and have their pics with fans taken..

It might just be me, but it seems you see less and less of it with every passing year.....I can remember when I was young, either at a football game or baseball, during warm ups, fans would line the rails of the fields and players would take time out to always approach the fans and sign autographs....
    With more & more players doing private signing for big bucks for companies specializing in autographed sports memorabillia, it isn't any wonder.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

For as much crap people talk about Chad Johnson, hes not a bad guy at all. very Confident, but not bad. He Jumped into the crowd the skills competition. And he didnt act like a superstar, he was jumpin around with all the kids having fun. Awesome story Ned, you gotta post that K-Rob Auto!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"UKVikingMike" wrote:
    I took my grandson to a Phillies game, and they charge at the baseball games for the autographs also. :cry: This time was worse because it was a "Make a Wish" Foundation event! That really sucks for the kids who worship them, and their sick too. I paid the autograph fee ($5!) for one poor kid who was crying because he couldn't get his ball signed.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

You know most of these players need a life too, yes they are paid well for what they do, yes they owe the fans, most I have seen have been very good to kids, charging for autographs has become part of it because WE have created a market and there are people that will send kids to have players sign stuff just to sell or worse they are selling fake sigs on ebay and other sports auctions.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"DEVIKINGFAN!" wrote:
    You know most of these players need a life too, yes they are paid well for what they do, yes they owe the fans, most I have seen have been very good to kids, charging for autographs has become part of it because WE have created a market and there are people that will send kids to have players sign stuff just to sell or worse they are selling fake sigs on ebay and other sports auctions.
    They still need to interact with the fans I believe, they owe them that much...

And just not some of the players, all should take responsability for it....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

DEVIKINGFAN! is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree with you Ned- most would be very cool if you ran into them off the field and just didn't pressure them (unless your a parking cop in MN and the autograph your trying to get is on a ticket LOL)

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn t thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast