Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PPE's Mock!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

PPE's Mock!

Here's my mock draft.. Finished it last night. Take into account that this is only Version 1.1. There will likely be more updated mocks to come. :grin:

2006 NFL Mock Draft V. 1.1

1. Houston Texans- Reggie Bush, RB, USC
    The Texans need offensive line, but can attempt to cover that during free agency and the rest of the draft. With so many holes to fill the select the best available player in Reggie Bush.

2. New Orleans Saints- Vince Young, QB, Texas
    The saints, a team that was completely turned upside-down due to Hurricane Katrina, selects Vince Young, probably the best Quarterback in the draft, after Aaron Brooks voices his opinion about not returning to the team. A high profile player at a high profile position like Vince Young is a perfect pick for a team struggling to find a new home for the time being or perhaps a permanent home.

3. Tennessee Titans- Matt Leinart, QB, USC
    It looks like we are nearing the end of the Steve McNair era in Tennessee and Matt Leinart is a perfect acquisition here. Matt Leinart is media friendly and the best Quarterback available at this point, a pressing need for the Titans. Great pick.

4. New York Jets- D’Brickishaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
    The Jets have so many holes in their team that just one pick in the first round probably won’t do them that much good. I forsee them trading down but as of right now they will take D’Brickishaw Ferguson from Virginia, a big OT with a lot of upside. Offensive line is probably their biggest need so this is a good pick.

5. Green Bay Packers- Mario Williams, DE, NC State
    In a pick I hate, being an NC State fan, The Packers upgrade their defensive line with the most athletic player in the draft. Super Mario gives them a huge pass rushing edge over opponents with Mario and Gbaja-Biamila.

6. Oakland Raiders- AJ Hawk, LB, OSU
    The Oakland Raiders finally decide to upgrade their defense with AJ Hawk. Their depleted linebacking core can really use someone like Hawk to give them a spark on defense. A vocal and physical leader, Hawk fits the mold for a linebacker in Oakland.

7. San Francisco 49ers- Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland
    At this point in time, the 49ers need serious help on offense and Vernon Davis is a good acquisition to help them in that category. He is a Wide Receiver who plays in a tight ends body and is a complete athletic monster. He is good at route running and has soft hands and should help Alex Smith ease himself into the NFL.

8. Buffalo Bills- Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon
    Last off-season the Buffalo Bills lost their monster defensive tackle and probably best defensive player in Pat Williams to the Vikings via Free Agency. Unless they address this position through free agency this year, Ngata looks like the perfect pick for them. Ngata is surprisingly athletic for someone who is 338 pounds so he can still get sacks while at the same time stuffing the run.

9. Detroit Lions- Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green
    In a surprise pick the Detroit Lions decide that Joey Harrington is done and pick the 3rd best Quarterback in the draft. Omar could have a good time with the talent that they have at receiver that has gone unused for the last 3 years.

10. Arizona Cardinals- Deangelo Williams, RB, Memphis
    After drafting defense last year, the Cardinals select a good Running back to go with their stellar receivers and new found talent at quarterback. Deangelo Williams isn’t a big bruiser but can hit the holes with strength and agility. It’s a good pickup for a team that has struggled with the running game since Emmit Smith retired.

11. St. Louis Rams- Michael Huff, S, Texas
    After Adam Archuleta leaves to test the free agent market, the Rams go in a different direction and draft defense to go with their potent offensive attack. Huff is a hard hitting safety who still has a knack for getting picks. Has good speed for a strong safety considering that he also does track at the University of Texas.

12. Cleveland Browns- Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt
    The Browns draft a quarterback to go with Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. They could draft a running back with their top 10 draft pick next year.

13. Baltimore Ravens- Eric Winston, OT, Miami
    Mathias Kiwanuka could be a good pick here but the Ravens go with Winston. They are weak on both sides of the ball regarding the line but their defense isn’t as big of a concern. Ogden is getting older by the day and they need someone else to go alongside him for the time being. Winston could open big holes for Chester Taylor or Jamal Lewis if they re-sign one of them.

14. Philadelphia Eagles- Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
    The Eagles get a huge steal here with Kiwanuka dropping all the way to the 14th pick. They need another defensive end to go along side Kearse and Kiwanuka is a perfect pick. Kiwanuka has a large frame and is a great pass rusher.

15. Atlanta Falcons- Darnell Bing, S, USC
    The Falcons bring in a Safety to compliment Deangelo Hall in the secondary. The hard hitting safety strongly resembles Sean Taylor when he came out of college.

16. Miami Dolphins- Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State
    The Dolphins try to upgrade their offense with this pick and will have to look to free agency for a Quarterback since there are none worthy of this pick left on the board. Dolphins fans will be disappointed with the pick as they were hoping cutler would drop but this is the best they can do to upgrade the team.

17. Minnesota Vikings- Lendale White, RB, USC
    The Vikings move in the right direction by selecting a power running back to run behind their somewhat weak offensive line. Lendale is big for a running back, but hits holes extremely well and is the best power runner in the draft by far. He’s a power runner but still has breakaway speed to go along with it. It’s a tough decision between Maroney and White but a power runner is exactly what the Vikings need after years of having speed backs and scat backs.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Marcus Mcneill, OT, Auburn
    The Cowboys are in HUGE need of a premier offensive tackle and Mcneill is the best left on the board. McNeill is 6’9” and 330 pounds, a terror for Defensive Ends in college.

19. San Diego Chargers- Winston Justice, OT, USC
    The chargers realize the need at offensive line and draft a big time tackle for LaDanian Tomlinson to run behind In the future. Justice could probably play anywhere on the offensive line but the chargers have the biggest need at tackle.

20. Kansas City Chiefs- Manny Lawson, LB/DE, NC State
    New head coach Herm Edwards realizes the need on defense, especially with the pass rush, and picks up Manny Lawson from NC State. Manny isn’t all that strong at stopping the run but is one of the best in the NCAA when it comes to pass rushing.

21. New England Patriots-Demeco Ryans, LB, Alabama
    Surprisingly the Patriots were the worst team in the NFL this year on the defensive side of the ball. Teddy Bruschi isn’t going to be in the NFL much longer if his health problems continue. Demeco is the perfect pick for the Patriots.

22. Denver Broncos- Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State
    The browns defensive line isn’t going to last too long with the pass rush. Tamba Hali is a good pick here for the pass rush in the future.

23. Carolina Panthers- Mercedes Lewis, TE, UCLA
    The Panthers finally go out and get another threat in the pass game to go along with Steve Smith. Mercedes Lewis is a huge player and will be huge in the NFL. Has the hands of a receiver but can block like a true tight end.

24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa
    Derrick Brooks isn’t getting any younger and the Bucs don’t have any other big needs with this pick. Here they get a player that Derrick Brooks can help to mentor in his time left there.

25. Chicago Bears- Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia
    The Bear passing game is in need of help and the defense has no holes. A tight end is a good pick here, especially one the caliber of Leonard Pope.

26. Cincinnati Bengals- Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
    The Cincinnati Bengals were absolutely horrible with interior defense last season. They are in need of a defensive tackle so they pick the best available, Rodrique Wright.

27. New York Giants- Jonathan Scott, DT, Texas
    In another move to upgrade the defensive line, the Giants pick the best interior lineman available. Strahan is closing in on the end of his career and the line may need help for the future.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech
    With the steal of the draft, the Jaguars snag the best Cornerback available after Jimmy Williams, a projected top 10 player, drops all the way to the end of the first round.

29. Denver Broncos- Derek Hagan, WR, Arizona State
    Tall, fast, and agile, Hagan is a good receiver to replace the aging Rod Smith in the broncos offense. They are in dire need of good receivers and Hagan is a good pick considering what is left on the board.

30. Indianapolis colts- Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota
    It looks like Edgerrin James will test the free agent waters so Maroney, a speedy back out of Minnesota, Is a good pick for the Colts. He should work well with their solid offensive line and extremely explosive offense.

31. Seattle Seahawks- Darryl Tapp, DE, Virginia Tech
    Not too many needs on this team but they do need a little bit more pressure up front. Darryl Tapp is a good pass rusher and an athletic specimen.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

The Super Bowl winners aren’t in too much need of anything really, but they pick a Cornerback to shore up that somewhat shaky secondary and help Polomalu.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: PPE's Mock!

Looks good to me except I think that the Titans will get Vince Young, not the Saints.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I think Jay cutler would go a lot higher than 12 and I really dont' think that Lendale white is gonna be around by the time we get to picking but I would love to have him in minny so we can cut bennet, moe and the wizzinator.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- Ashton Youboty, CB, Ohio State

I think this is a good pick. He can do a lot on a team. He will help on roster spots. He could do WR, KR, PR, CB..........

I also would like to have White, but it all depends on what happens in free agency.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

"vikesoto" wrote:
    I also would like to have White, but it all depends on what happens in free agency.
    Thats why it's version 1.1. :wink:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    PPE, you don't know what you are...........

oops I thought this was MOCK PPE......but this thread is actually PPE's Mock.

My bad I read it wrong. :lol:

I think we also need to factor in the combine. I think this last week has given guys a good starting point but the combine and the personal workouts will be a huge factor.

PPE, you might have about 20 versions before it is all said and done.

Are you mocking me, are you mocking me???

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    PPE, you don't know what you are...........

oops I thought this was MOCK PPE......but this thread is actually PPE's Mock.

My bad I read it wrong. :lol:

I think we also need to factor in the combine. I think this last week has given guys a good starting point but the combine and the personal workouts will be a huge factor.

PPE, you might have about 20 versions before it is all said and done.

Are you mocking me, are you mocking me???
    :lol:

That is true that I will be changing it a lot as it goes on. We'll see. I will defenitely change after the combine. I'm already thinking of taking Hagan off there.. he SUCKED today.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Screw Lendale! Everyone rides his jock now it's sick

Hagan will be lucky to get drafted by the 3rd round after his performance this WEEK. He is a so called possesion WR that can't catch. That combination won't work in the NFL.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast