Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Power of three: Why an owner, GM and prospect control the '09 draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ml?eref=si_nfl

Marrdro's comments follow:

A damn good read considering the author.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Power of three: Why an owner, GM and prospect control the '09 draft

Interesting read.
    Sanchez stock sure seems to be rising, even though he only has one year under his belt at the collegiate level.
    I'm hearing more and more people saying he is a better prospect than Stafford.

With the production of Ryan and Flacco last year and the lack of good QB's in the league, I think the trigger will be pulled pretty early for both of these guys, whereas 2 or 3 years ago, one of them (Sanchez) may have slipped to late 1st round.

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Interesting read.
    Sanchez stock sure seems to be rising, even though he only has one year under his belt at the collegiate level.

With the production of Ryan and Flacco last year and the lack of good QB's in the league, I think the trigger will be pulled pretty early for both of these guys, whereas 2 or 3 years ago, one of them (Sanchez) may have slipped to late 1st round.
    One thing to keep in mind at this point in the offseason.....(Greenburg highlighted it this morning on Mike and MIke), don't believe anything you hear in the next 5 days as it is probably someone trying to make you think something they want you to think and that something probably isn't true......

Man I love this time of year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    Interesting read.

One thing to keep in mind at this point in the offseason.....(Greenburg highlighted it this morning on Mike and MIke), don't believe anything you hear in the next 5 days as it is probably someone trying to make you think something they want you to think and that something probably isn't true......

;D
    agreed and this is true.. but i do believe sanchez in going to be a better QB than stafford... considering just what they did with their respective offenses in college...

ideally, i don't think stafford will be a good Qb if he goes to the wrong team.. i.e. the lions.. he's gonna need a lot of weapons around him to be successful, and even with such, he couldn't consistently prove that at Georgia.. with very good talent around him!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    Interesting read.

;D
    agreed and this is true.. but i do believe sanchez in going to be a better QB than stafford... considering just what they did with their respective offenses in college...

ideally, i don't think stafford will be a good Qb if he goes to the wrong team.. i.e. the lions.. he's gonna need a lot of weapons around him to be successful, and even with such, he couldn't consistently prove that at Georgia.. with very good talent around him!

Staff with a couple years behind Pep and while they add more weapons on offense would be pretty solid IMO

I don't think he will be great.. but I bet he could be a pro bowler a couple years out of his career if they take him and groom him

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Hakeem Nicks was overweight and not in great shape when the Ravens worked him out Friday. In other words, the receivers are a suspect group, and a few of them we thought would be picked in the first round are going in the second.
    Hmmmmm I am starting to change my mind a little. I think the first pick will be RT but only if Britton is there.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I watched the skills comp.. He looked slow and missed some catches as well

He made a nice unnessisary one handed jump ball at the end.. Although it was poorly thowrn.. Looked like he had hops

But im so torn now after watching that!

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Stafford can hit plates with a football, I think he'll be just fine with CJ.
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nthoH__l88M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

"There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

"marstc09" wrote:
    Hakeem Nicks was overweight and not in great shape when the Ravens worked him out Friday. In other words, the receivers are a suspect group, and a few of them we thought would be picked in the first round are going in the second.
    Hmmmmm I am starting to change my mind a little. I think the first pick will be RT but only if Britton is there.
    I think you have changed your mind almost (not quite as much) as I have over the first pick. Wish they would just trade the damn thing and be done with it.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I think you have changed your mind almost (not quite as much) as I have over the first pick. Wish they would just trade the damn thing and be done with it.
    Not really. It has always been CB, OT, and WR from the end of the season last year. I just don't know who will be BPA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast