Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Post-Senior Bowl, Pre-Combine notes

9. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College. Scouts will really fall in love with his 35 5/8 inch arms and his 6’7, 315 pound frame and bubble-butt. It may sound silly to the average football fan, but what this tells scouts that he’s a road grater and a mauler. He may struggle with the occasional speed rush, but he’s downright physical and nasty in the run game and looks like an outstanding fit over on the right side.

This fella sounds interesting, and we all know Cook is not going to be on the outside forever. So trying to find a body to fill that hole is a good idea also

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"PackSux!" wrote:
    9. Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College. Scouts will really fall in love with his 35 5/8 inch arms and his 6’7, 315 pound frame and bubble-butt. It may sound silly to the average football fan, but what this tells scouts that he’s a road grater and a mauler. He may struggle with the occasional speed rush, but he’s downright physical and nasty in the run game and looks like an outstanding fit over on the right side.

This fella sounds interesting, and we all know Cook is not going to be on the outside forever. So trying to find a body to fill that hole is a good idea also
    At 6'7" it would be hard for tjack to see over him to the reciever, but if he plays low maybe that is not a big concern.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"PackSux!" wrote:

Contrary to your belief, his size and super long arms should make him successful against speed rushers. That's why they look for tackles with size and long arms. McKinnie should be eating speed rushers, but he doesn't get his drop step deep enough quickly.

Just a little nugget, Cherilus has an 11.5 inch hand. That's an inch larger than the next biggest hand at the senior bowl.
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    At 6'7" it would be hard for tjack to see over him to the reciever, but if he plays low maybe that is not a big concern.
    McKinnie is 6'8.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:
    a couple of other takes. It seems like alot of people are realizing that Colt was probably more of a product of the system than an actual good QB Another name I have been hearing more and more about before the Senior Bowl to keep an eye on is Sedrick Ellis from USC. 2 other names of interest to me are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie good luck fitting that name on the back of jersey. And Trevor Laws(another Local kid that Mason let get away) I heard that if he has a solid combine he could be any where between 2nd and 3rd round.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/seniorbowl5.html
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1201409556&archive =&start_from=&ucat=2&
    Those were the two guys who really stood out to me.
    DRC played lights out all game.
    Got to love the way he stuck Bowman (a WR with probably 20+ lbs on him) after the catch, and was getting a hand if not both for the INT on balls all game long.

Laws had me thinking, There is our answer at DT, right away!
    Incredible effort!
    Always near the ball and ready to take advantage when it pops right to him.
    112 tackles his senior year!!
    As a DT!!
    That doesn't bode well for the enemy's offense.
    The future site is thinking 2nd or 3rd round...cuz he's a tad undersized.
    Could be a good fit for us, specially if we land him for a third, but I do need to point out, it was obvious that he benefited from playing next to Ellis.
    The other team pretty much had a double team block on one of the two every play, and usually, the other one would get the tackle.

Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame. Much like Sedrick Ellis, Trevor Laws had a great week beating linemen in the one-on-one drills. He’s also got an explosive first step and is a great one-gap penetrator. He had over 100 tackles for a defensive lineman at Notre Dame this season so would you expect any different than six tackle, a sack, and a fumble recovery in the game? He’ll fit very well into an interior defensive rotation from the second or third round.
    As for tall OLineman, and the QB seeing...Most of the time, they are engaged or about to be, and so they are lowering their center of gravity (and their height
    ) to gain leverage for the block.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Brennan looked so bad I'm not sure I'd even sign him as a FA walk on.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"imvikings28" wrote:
    I think cromartie made the biggest rise. He came from barely anyone knowing about him to be projected in some mock drafts picked in the first round.
    I think if he does well at the combine, he could very well be a first round pick. If he somehow slips into the second round, and the vikes have a chance to get him, i believe he would be a steal.
    I also liked how lavell hawkins played as a wide reciever. He showed everyone that he can make the acrobatic catches. he is also a burner. im curious to see what his 40-time is?
    Lavell will probably go in mid-late rounds too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12