Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Post-Senior Bowl, Pre-Combine notes

Whose stock has risen and whose has fallen...and who will be the next AP (in terms of falling because of perceived injury issues but proving to be worth the risk)?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7726686/Senior-Bowl-provides-early-draft-barometer?MSNHPHMA

"LSU's Early Doucet is supposed to be the No. 1 receiver on the board, but he has a big red flag when it comes to toughness and injury issues. Hurt for half of the year with a groin problem, he tweaked a hamstring this week, which might be just enough to knock him down a few draft spots even though he was uncoverable at times and showed off great hands. "

I'm still stumping for my homey...and think that he might drop right into the Vikings' hands...PUN INTENDED!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Post-Senior Bowl, Pre-Combine notes

Very nice read.

The Senior Bowl was really my first look at alot of these guys and I would have to agree with most of what the writers says.

Problem will be that we will still have people trying to say that we should draft a guy from a college they follow like with no regard to what his attributes really bring to the table.
    Case in point.......

Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
    Brennan needed to come up big after the Sugar Bowl disaster. He didn't. He's smaller than originally listed (but only by an inch), failed to show an NFL-level arm, and worst of all, his accuracy, his calling card at Hawaii, was missing. He completed two of six passes for 29 yards and a pick in the game. Now, with the emergence of Joe Flacco and Chad Henne, Brennan, who was sick before the week, might have gone from being in the hunt for the No. 3 quarterback taken, behind Matt Ryan and Brian Brohm, to not being even close to cracking the top five.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

a couple of other takes. It seems like alot of people are realizing that Colt was probably more of a product of the system than an actual good QB Another name I have been hearing more and more about before the Senior Bowl to keep an eye on is Sedrick Ellis from USC. 2 other names of interest to me are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie good luck fitting that name on the back of jersey. And Trevor Laws(another Local kid that Mason let get away) I heard that if he has a solid combine he could be any where between 2nd and 3rd round.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/seniorbowl5.html
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1201409556&archive =&start_from=&ucat=2&

KYVikings is offline Training Camp

"Garland" wrote:
    a couple of other takes. It seems like alot of people are realizing that Colt was probably more of a product of the system than an actual good QB Another name I have been hearing more and more about before the Senior Bowl to keep an eye on is Sedrick Ellis from USC. 2 other names of interest to me are Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie good luck fitting that name on the back of jersey. And Trevor Laws(another Local kid that Mason let get away) I heard that if he has a solid combine he could be any where between 2nd and 3rd round.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/news/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1201409556&archive =&start_from=&ucat=2&

I agree totally with the Cromartie hype.
    I saw him during the practices and the kid just kept making athletic plays.
    If he is anything like his cousin (I think they are cousins) then the Vikings should definitely try to pick him up.
    Where do you think he would most likely go.
    Late 2nd or 3rd?
    In matters of style swim with the current, in matters of principle stand like a rock
    ~Benjamin Franklin

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt

One of the best traits a prospect can show is versatility. Williams has tremendous athleticism and was fantastic when able to lock on a lineman, but his biggest marks are coming for his potential to play either tackle spot. In an average year for offensive tackles, he appears destined for a spot in the mid-to-late first round
    ;D

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"KYVikings" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

If he is anything like his cousin (I think they are cousins) then the Vikings should definitely try to pick him up.
    Late 2nd or 3rd?
    A lot of mocks moved him up to the first this week due to the great effort at the Senior Bowl.
    Quite a few have made him a top 15 pick.
    Some team might have fallen in love with him and will decide to take a shot at him in the first.
    I don't see him slipping out of the second unless something pops up between now and the draft.
    There is a chance that the Chargers pick him up and have both Cromarties on their squad.
    Now that would be sick.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Love the kid from Troy...lightning in a bottle.
    Living in Delaware, I've met Joe Flacco, he's a big kid...great demeanor.
    For some reason, I still think Jordy Nelson would look good in Vikings purple.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"KYVikings" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

Late 2nd or 3rd?
    Cromartie was the MVP of the actual game imo. Diving tips, that big hit, int.... That one mock draft had him going in the middle of round one.

imvikings28 is offline Waterboy

I think cromartie made the biggest rise. He came from barely anyone knowing about him to be projected in some mock drafts picked in the first round.
    I think if he does well at the combine, he could very well be a first round pick. If he somehow slips into the second round, and the vikes have a chance to get him, i believe he would be a steal.
    I also liked how lavell hawkins played as a wide reciever. He showed everyone that he can make the acrobatic catches. he is also a burner. im curious to see what his 40-time is?

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I'm pissed I missed the Senior Bowl.

Anybody know if the ol' NFL Network is going to show any replays?

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast